Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Which QB on the Roster Would You Start?

#98QBKiller

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

There's lots of QB talk on here and it's understandable. It's the most important position in the game and while he's shown promise; Jason Campbell seems to be struggling, Colt doesn't look as impressive as he did last preseason, Todd Collins looks to be more than just a "system QB," and Chase Daniel looks like Colt did last preseason.

Yes, it's early but overall we appear to be pretty damn set on both sides of the ball. However, the jury is still out on who the QB of the future is for us.

Clinton Portis looks like the old CP that we know and love, our young receivers are looking better every week, our offensive line is playing great football, our defensive line looks scary good, our LB corps is pretty strong and we have a secondary that could potentially boast all four starters in the Pro-Bowl. Quarterback is the only position that still looks a little shaky IMO and getting the right guy behind center is what will push this team to contender status.

This isn't a bash JC thread or a mancrush on Chase/Colt thread. It's a public poll asking, from what you've seen so far, who looks to be the best option to start at QB for us in the regular season and for the future.

Campbell isn't fighting for the starting spot - it's cemented.. and therefore there's a 'half-ass' effort from him (and the rest of the cemented starters) in the preseason. The only ones actually out there giving an honest effort are the new players showing their worth (Haynesworth, Orakpo) and those trying to make the 53 cut.

Can't pass fair judgement until a few weeks into the real season, and even then, it's Campbell's to lose.

Collins.

But that's not realistic.

I think Campbell should get the first 4 weeks. If he's still looking like he did at the end of last season, bench him.

The more intriguing debate will be if you try to keep the season afloat with Collins or develop Brennan or Daniel and see if somethings there.

The more intriguing debate will be if you try to keep the season afloat with Collins or develop Brennan or Daniel and see if somethings there.

That's the tough question. I suppose it'd be Collins the whole way unless he bombed, too. Brennan or Daniel would be Zorn's hail mary.

Campbell isn't fighting for the starting spot - it's cemented.. and therefore there's a 'half-ass' effort from him (and the rest of the cemented starters) in the preseason. The only ones actually out there giving an honest effort are the new players showing their worth (Haynesworth, Orakpo) and those trying to make the 53 cut.

Can't pass fair judgement until a few weeks into the real season, and even then, it's Campbell's to lose.

After everything he went through with the Cutler/Sanchez drama in the offseason he had better not be putting in any kind of "half-ass" effort.

He needs to show the team why he deserves a contract and that means making plays, even in preseason.

After everything he went through with the Cutler/Sanchez drama in the offseason he had better not be putting in any kind of "half-ass" effort.

He needs to show the team why he deserves a contract and that means making plays, even in preseason.

He has enough people making excuses to get him by, the line, wr's (being to short, slow, lack of effort, etc) the system, even the rain messing up his passes....

Tod Collins is the only answer here.

He is our best chance at a consistently good offense. That and the defense I think we will have this year could equal a Superbowl.

If I were Coach and/or Danny, I would trade Campbell now for a decent O lineman, receiver, or draft pick. At least get something for him. Let someone else develop his "potential". Do it this week so the team has a few weeks to get over the shock. Then play Collins and keep the other guys as backups. Use this year to evaluate the young guys and if they still aren't ready, make it an organizational mission to find a real franchise QB and do whatever it takes to get him.

:2cents:

Campbell isn't fighting for the starting spot - it's cemented...
BS

We almost traded this guy

Is JC the number one QB NOW.....yes

Will he be for the opener?.....I would have said yes 2 weeks ago

You can't say the JC doesn't feel any pressure

If he sucks this year....what do you think he will be worth to another team?......if anybody will have him

I didn't participate in the survey because I think you have to give Jason this 3rd game in preseason to see what he can do. I am thinking that Campbell is putting himself in too much of a cautionary mode and not playing with urgency.

Has Jason been rebuild too much? I am waiting to see signs of a meaningful effort on his part. Thus far it's all about Campbell making the right decisions which is well and good, but guys like Collins, Brennan and Daniel seem to have the moxie to play the position. What gives in making excuses for Jason's inabilities to relax and have fun taking apart defenses?

lol. Randle El then?

Yeah sure why not. What I don't get form this team is why the QB spot is not up for competition. Why isn't Todd or Colt or even Chase given the opportunity to play with the starters. I'm thinking its going to be another year where the redskins will waste a top 5 defense and a top notch running game because the QBs stink. WHY WHY didn't snyder sell the farm to get cutler here?

Trade Campbell now, this is the last year of his contract and it looks like we will let him walk anyway. lets get a 4th or 5th rounder for him while we can. He has proven over 3 years he is average at best, even when he played in pre seasons against 2nd and 3 rd stringers he was 26 out of 51 0 td and 2 ints.

He is to slow on delivery and to slow mentally..

Start collins one season and see what bennan and Chase can do

It's all so simple.

JC will start. I think he should too and I'm not a huge believer in him. But I still think he has the potential to be our best QB.

That said, if the offense isn't clicking under him, Zorn should and will go to Collins pretty quickly this year. His job is on the line -- if Old Man River is the answer, Zorn will play him.

Colt or Chase are non-factors until the playoffs are out of the question.

Gotta say: one thing I really liked about Chase was how quickly he got rid of the ball. Wish I could say the same for JC and Colt.

It's all so simple.

JC will start. I think he should too and I'm not a huge believer in him. But I still think he has the potential to be our best QB.

That said, if the offense isn't clicking under him, Zorn should and will go to Collins pretty quickly this year. His job is on the line -- if Old Man River is the answer, Zorn will play him.

Colt or Chase are non-factors until the playoffs are out of the question.

Gotta say: one thing I really liked about Chase was how quickly he got rid of the ball. Wish I could say the same for JC and Colt.

Yeah it appears to me that Collins has really proven his worth. I've been against starting him for a while because of his age and because I'm not sure how consistent he would be but honestly, look at teams like Arizona and Tennessee that are going to the older, more experienced QBs on their rosters and having success with it.

I know that Campbell will obviously get the nod going into the season but if the mediocrity continues I just don't see Zorn hesitating to put in Collins to try and spark the team at some point.

Archived