Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT 360: Redskins injury update

GhostofSparta

Per bubba in Breaking News, sorry if it was already posted, I didn't see it.

http://www.washtimes.com/weblogs/redskins/2009/aug/22/redskins-injury-update/

Click link for entire article

Redskins injury update

By JohnTaylor on Aug. 22, 2009

Redskins 360

A quick update on the injuries, which once again were minimal.

Fullback Mike Sellers took a knee into the inside of his knee, according to Redskins coach Jim Zorn, which sidelined him during the first half. It's a contusion, or in laymans terms, a bruise.

Running back Ladell Bets had a "slight pull" of his oblique, and seemed to be moving around fine in the locker room after the game...

I know I'm not the only one who winced when Sellers went down.

I got the moment where everything went quiet and I could hear my heart beat when sellers went down. Scary moment, I thought for sure knee ligaments. We dodged a pretty large bullet on this one. Sellers is a very important key player to our rushing game.

Seeing big Mike grasp the grass on the field when the doctors touched his knee had me VERY worried. Coming back from commercial and hearing that he walked off on his own was a huge sigh of relief.

I literally sat back worried as he was there on the ground when it went to commercial.

Seeing big Mike grasp the grass on the field when the doctors touched his knee had me VERY worried. Coming back from commercial and hearing that he walked off on his own was a huge sigh of relief.

I literally sat back worried as he was there on the ground when it went to commercial.

Mike Sellers wincing in pain was a terrifying sight. It was only when I saw him walk off that I actually inhaled again.

Glad he's OK. Those "stingers" on the inside of the knee are extremely painful for the first several minutes. I've had a couple and you swear you're gonna die when you first feel it. Fortunately, the pain wears off fairly quickly but leaves a nasty looking bruise that's real sensitive for a few days.

Injuries have been what has kept Betts from assuming a greater role in the offense under consecutive head coaches.

Ladell at 30 still has to prove he can be a durable performer for this team.

Frankly, I don't see him in the third down role as that is one where the back is keyed by the defense and you are usually looking for a back with great speed who can get outside and make plays in the open field with the ball in his hands.

That has never been Betts.

Betts is a between the tackles runner with good hands out of the backfield for the short pass.

Archived