Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wacky Ralph Exposed: "the sins of our past"

Sadly for me, I missed out on "Wacky Ralph" live. I have read some of the posts you guys have linked in the past, though, and I have to admit I found them amusing, just not the stuff of legend some seem to think they were.

But I have learned one thing today for sure: I thought he had a small number of pretty devoted fans here who thought he was pretty darn special. Okay, I guess, if tacos and "wacky" non-sequitirs are their thing. But after reading his little gloat session there, I think it is safe to say that no one will ever be a bigger fan of Wacky Ralph than Scott David.

I think his "legend" is safe in his own Wacky mind.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27181&perpage=15&display=&highlight=best%20poster&pagenumber=3

Originally posted by Angus

Wasn't Wacky Ralph recently acclaimed by a poll on this board to be the best poster ever here? I think so. Quite a tribute, because this board has some great posters.

Henry won that poll going away. I mean really, who in their right mind would think that Wacky was the ''best poster ever''? Please! :rolleyes:

The best poster ever is easy, only problem is he's not listed in the survey. Sure he may have gone sour at the end or perhaps he didn't, sadly we'll never know for sure. But that's how he wanted it, his parting gift to us was an enduring and hopelessly unsolvable mystery-- a taco in our collectitve cyber faces.

Wacky only produced a scant 323 posts before he left us, the last of which was either the sickest or saddest post I've ever read (still scratching my head on that), but his genius endures.

Thanks for the mammories...

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/...&searchid=10798

---------------------

I went with Om not because he's unquestionably the best poster, a strong case could be made on those grounds for everyone listed, plus a couple dozen more that didn't make Mick's cut. No, my decision was based on the simple fact that I wish I could write as well as he does.

--------------------

---BCS

Er uhm. Can you edit and/or delete old posts?

:?:

Ah, yes, the Sniggly thread. Amusing as hell. The, "Uh, uh, we don't care about you at all," chorus from people on a board I've never visited, yet who have so much to say about me :). That was a fine moment indeed :).

Henry won that poll going away. I mean really, who in their right mind would think that Wacky was the ''best poster ever''? Please!

Ouch. :)

Let's just say that everything I know about polling I learned from one Mr. Ferdinand Marcos. :)

I was never a big fan of WR. He had his funny moments I guess, but he never really posted anything particularly insightful either. Now I guess I know why.

Well, whatever. This Scott person wouldn't be the first poster to pull one over on this board with an alternate ID. ;) This sort of thing happens all the time on the internet. I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it.

Originally posted by Golgo-13

But to be honest, I liked it better when the mystery was still unsolved.

You make a good point. In fact I just edited my first post to give readers an opportunity to choose not to learn the truth about Ralph if they so desire.

You take the blue pill, the story ends and you wake up believing whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland and i show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Way to go BCS. While I never took WR seriously, I never did entertain the thought that he might be a cowpukes fan. I got a lot of laughs out of his posts and now I get one last good hearty belly laugh at the joke on all of us.

Really. If you sit back and look at it objectively it really is very funny stuff. We almost voted the guy as the best poster ever for God's sake!! Sorry, but I can admit when I've been had. Mr. David, you sir are sick....in a very admirable way.

Now, Art destroy his manuscript forthwith:evil:

Well, I had a pretty good run...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y'know, I sort of feel like the kid who's playing hide & seek… but picked such a terrific spot to hide in that NOBODY can find him. "Look! I'm over here! Aw… it's getting dark…" Guess it’s time to follow the taco wrappers back home.

You've gotta admit, discovering the truth is rather anticlimactic, isn't it? I feel bad for you guys—like I should apologize for this being such a let down. Sorry, kids. Color me Fabrice Morvan. But truth be told, there wasn't anything malicious in the pseudo-ramblings of Wacky Ralph. I got something out of his skewed stream-of-conscious diatribes, as they performed much-needed exorcisms on my writer's block. And if Ralphy got you to smile once or twice, hopefully you guys got something out of it, too.

Oh yeah—one last thing: There's one prominent fellow on the Extreme Skins forum who knew who I was all along. In fact, he and I are buddies from my days in Arlington, Virginia. I thought he was gonna blow my cover a few times with his hints and inferences. If you know who he is (and you probably do) tell him that he needs to call me—I lost his number and I've got a business trip in DC next month.

Just an FYI...

This is really wierd because I was starting to think that maybe BCS was Wacky Ralph. Anyways, I think the 2 of you have a great sense of humor. Ralph's posts were smart, idiotic, and really funny at the same time.. That send off post about dying and all and was a serious mindf-ck. Ralph's Kidnapper was a give away that it was a hoax. I never thought much about it after that. I will definitely check out his book.

Of course, there's still that unresolved business of the "prominent fellow on the Extreme Skins forum" whom f/k/a Ralph mentions – the one who knew his true identity all along. Frankly, I'm a bit surprised no one is sleuthing that angle.

Then again, I suppose it's possible that, too, could be nothing more than a subtle mini-skull-phuck of a parting shot, filtering down from the great beyond ... ;)

This old wise dude on a mountaintop once told me, "trust no one, young Om ... no one."

I nodded in solemn acknowledgment ... and turned to go.

Then I stopped, turned slowly to face him again, and smiled.

"Including you, Sensei?"

Archived