Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: Colt’s Corner – Examining the Ravens Game

JimmiJo

Most of the times he does not start it. Someone being a smartass,or trying to feel better about the situation will take anything negetive and run to start a new thread about it.

I feel like he presents his case well and asks questions few dare to answer honestly.

now i cannot speak for him,just saying I dont have an issue at all about his posting.

too bad the user name "voice of reason" is already taken! :cheers:

youre right, campbell had one game out of sixteen like colt had.

Sorry BLC, you're a good guy, but this post is pure BS. You're trying to let yourself use OL as an "excuse" for Colt, and you're using revisionist history so you can still cling to not allowing others to bring up the OL when discussing JC last year.

Interesting how you always bring up the Steelers game and look at the sack total, to try and act like that game skews just how much Campbell was pressured. Well how many times was Colt sacked? Twice. I've seen you bring up the Bengals game, and say because Campbell wasn't sacked it means he was protected well. Obviously, using Colt's performance and your excuses for him as evidence, sacks alone don't tell the story of how much a QB was pressured. The way you make it sound with Colt, one would think he was sacked 8 times, like JC was against the Steelers last season.

Colt and the O were 3rd string guys, yes, but they were playing against 3rd string talent. Equal playing field, just as was the case with JC and the starters last season going against starting defenses. Even playing field. So using the "his OL was 3rd stringers excuse" isn't going to work because the difference in talent between the starting OL and it's 3rd stringers is much greater than that of the difference between our 3rd stringers and theirs, though you're trying to suggest otherwise.

Campbell faced pressure in many games, especially near the end of the season. Sacks don't tell the whole story, because as much as you say Colt was hurried and pressured, he was sacked just twice, and using the same logic you've used here with JC, that must mean Colt really didn't face a lot of pressure. Or it could simply mean, again, that sacks don't tell the whole story.

Colt even said in his interview that some of his decisions to run outside the pocket, to scramble, weren't good decisions, that he should have stayed in the pocket and looked for throws more. So some of that pressure and "Colt running around for his life" was Colt's own fault too, and obviously gave some the impression he was under more pressure than maybe he really was.

You are going to tell me that Drew Brees was average his last year with the Chargers.

no, he means that the chargers gave up on drew brees and he went to the saints and did well. what he conveniently forgets is that brees as a 3rd year starter was franchised after making the probowl, and did extremely well again the next year and was only let go because of injuries and rivers.

and brees threw 17 TDs in his first year starting, then was injured hsi next, then made the probowl.

last i checked we still have the franchise tag. wonder why we didnt use it on campbell? lol

Sorry BLC, you're a good guy, but this post is pure BS. You're trying to let yourself use OL as an "excuse" for Colt, and you're using revisionist history so you can still cling to not allowing others to bring up the OL when discussing JC last year.

Interesting how you always bring up the Steelers game and look at the sack total, to try and act like that game skews just how much Campbell was pressured. Well how many times was Colt sacked? Twice. I've seen you bring up the Bengals game, and say because Campbell wasn't sacked it means he was protected well. Obviously, using Colt's performance and your excuses for him as evidence, sacks alone don't tell the story of how much a QB was pressured. The way you make it sound with Colt, one would think he was sacked 8 times, like JC was against the Steelers last season.

Colt and the O were 3rd string guys, yes, but they were playing against 3rd string talent. Equal playing field, just as was the case with JC and the starters last season going against starting defenses. Even playing field. So using the "his OL was 3rd stringers excuse" isn't going to work because the difference in talent between the starting OL and it's 3rd stringers is much greater than that of the difference between our 3rd stringers and theirs, though you're trying to suggest otherwise.

Campbell faced pressure in many games, especially near the end of the season. Sacks don't tell the whole story, because as much as you say Colt was hurried and pressured, he was sacked just twice, and using the same logic you've used here with JC, that must mean Colt really didn't face a lot of pressure. Or it could simply mean, again, that sacks don't tell the whole story.

Colt even said in his interview that some of his decisions to run outside the pocket, to scramble, weren't good decisions, that he should have stayed in the pocket and looked for throws more. So some of that pressure and "Colt running around for his life" was Colt's own fault too, and obviously gave some the impression he was under more pressure than maybe he really was.

i havent defended colts play at all. i did not use the oline as an excuse to say "colt would have done better". he had his shots, he missed them. the oline sucked too, thats no mystery.

difference is im admitting colt had a bad game and the oline had a bad game, whereas the campbell-ites cant admit campbell had numerous bad games last year despite the oline. its always "but it was the oline" not "campbell isnt playing well, neither is the oline".

and seriously, youre trying to tell me you think our 1st string team last year looked anything resembling the grocery boys colt was playing with last week? cmon man, even you cant say that with a straight face.

We need to face the facts our coaching staff and front office already has.

1. Jason Campbell is a below average starting QB.

2. Colt Brennan is not as good as Jason Campbell.

flame away, but facts are facts.

we know nothing about colt with our starters and how he'd react in a real game. until then he remains the biggest (and most exciting) mystery on this team.

You are going to tell me that Drew Brees was average his last year with the Chargers.

Before his last season in San Diego, many thought of him as a bust. That's why the Chargers drafted Eli Manning (before tarding him due to his hissy fit and getting Phillip Rivers). Then it's Brees last year on his contract (he was franchised I believe since Rivers was a rook) and he does well, and goes to the Saints.

Campbell facing some of those concerns now, and it's his contract year. He'll either become our franchise QB or he'll be gone. I really don't know why some can't just give him the season. Nothing you can do anyway. Why waste time repeating the same stuff for 3 months (or more) straight? Just let it play out. I understand criticism/praise during the season, but right now there are no games of significance going on, so saying you think Campbell is or isn;t the guy is really a moot point at this time.

no, he means that the chargers gave up on drew brees and he went to the saints and did well. what he conveniently forgets is that brees as a 3rd year starter was franchised after making the probowl, and did extremely well again the next year and was only let go because of injuries and rivers.

and brees threw 17 TDs in his first year starting, then was injured hsi next, then made the probowl.

last i checked we still have the franchise tag. wonder why we didnt use it on campbell? lol

Congrats you found one in the WHOLE HISTORY OF THE NFL. I will give you that one. I guess you think JC will be the 2ed? I would not bet on it.

We need to face the facts our coaching staff and front office already has.

1. Jason Campbell is a below average starting QB.

2. Colt Brennan is not as good as Jason Campbell.

flame away, but facts are facts.

I dont know why thats so hard to understand around here.

i havent defended colts play at all. i did not use the oline as an excuse to say "colt would have done better". he had his shots, he missed them. the oline sucked too, thats no mystery.

difference is im admitting colt had a bad game and the oline had a bad game, whereas the campbell-ites cant admit campbell had numerous bad games last year despite the oline. its always "but it was the oline" not "campbell isnt playing well, neither is the oline".

and seriously, youre trying to tell me you think our 1st string team last year looked anything resembling the grocery boys colt was playing with last week? cmon man, even you cant say that with a straight face.

The #'s next to your sig tell the whole story! GAME OVER MAN!:applause::applause::pint:

No. You asked a specific question. Said it could "never" happen, and I just debunked that myth. It happens all the time. If you do a quick search, you may find some threads discussing just that point. Most, not all, good QB's take a little while to develop. That is all.

Trent threw 12 TD and 11 int that year. Yea he did alot better then JC!!LOL

He started 8 games that year.

elkabong82

Jason takes alot of sacks because he hangs on to the ball forever. Colt took only two because he gets rid of it fast. Unfortunately a quick release didn't help much in this game. One time, it even hurt us because of the INT.

Had Jason been in during that time he likely would have been sacked 4-5 times but would not have thrown the interception.

It's a trade off and after years of mediocrity I'd like to see us take more of those chances. I'll take more picks if it means more points, more wins, and god forbid--exciting football.

Congrats you found one in the WHOLE HISTORY OF THE NFL. I will give you that one. I guess you think JC will be the 2ed? I would not bet on it.

Dont be so damn ignorant. And stop making rediculous claims while you are at it. You are making yourself look VERY foolish.

elkabong,

I said earlier Paul Kruger was in the game while CB was under most pressure...hes not exactly 3rd string talent as they expect him to start at linebacker.

If our starters are getting beaten badly,what makes anyone think our 3rd string wont do just as bad against there backups if not worse? Everyone praises the ravens ability to plug and draft.

Campbell was throwing against 3rd stringers in the secondary against the rams last season..what happened there? Yes the Bengals are another good example,your point about pressure is very true. Its also the qbs job to set protection and get the play run correctly..JC has to become more of a leader.

Before his last season in San Diego, many thought of him as a bust. That's why the Chargers drafted Eli Manning (before tarding him due to his hissy fit and getting Phillip Rivers). Then it's Brees last year on his contract (he was franchised I believe since Rivers was a rook) and he does well, and goes to the Saints.

Campbell facing some of those concerns now, and it's his contract year. He'll either become our franchise QB or he'll be gone. I really don't know why some can't just give him the season. Nothing you can do anyway. Why waste time repeating the same stuff for 3 months (or more) straight? Just let it play out. I understand criticism/praise during the season, but right now there are no games of significance going on, so saying you think Campbell is or isn;t the guy is really a moot point at this time.

he was franchised in 2004 after making the probowl, and led them to the playoffs again in 05 before he injured himself at the end of the year.

we know nothing about colt with our starters and how he'd react in a real game. until then he remains the biggest (and most exciting) mystery on this team.

Agreed. I was excited with Colts first play. It was beautiful and looked like Cutler in a skins uniform. The rest not so much.

That being said, if you cant look good going against weaker competition, you dont get promted.

It's almost like you want to say the entire team sucked, blew, and puked so it doesn't really matter what anyone did.

I just want to see the team kick the crap out of the Steelers starters. Do that, and I will be happy with the pre season to date. Give me some fire and intensity!

As for Colt - he looked ok when he actually had time to throw. Same with Campbell. Todd Collins looked good and moved the ball well too when given enough time.

IMO Could the Skins benefit from an upgrade at QB? Yup. But right now the Oline needs help.

It's a trade off and after years of mediocrity I'd like to see us take more of those chances. I'll take more picks if it means more points, more wins, and god forbid--exciting football.

sadly, so many fans on this board want to see boring no points scoring offense with grind it out defense.

the concept of "taking chances" seems to have been removed. we play saftey first offense, and weve seen the results.

So that was somebody else who said Campbell only saw the type of pressure once all season that Colt saw against the Ravens?

That's what I responded to, and if it's not a defense of Colt it's an unnecesary and irrelevant attack on Campbell, and you just said in this thread you aren't one of the people who start the JC stuff. Well even if you don;t start it, if it isn't relevant then you don't need to bring it up unless you're responding to someone. You weren't responding to anyone in particular.

And then you resort to exaggerating the stance of the other side? C'mon man, you're better than this. Everyone agrees this is a make or break year for Campbell. It's his contract year. I've seen a lot of people say they HOPE JC become the guy. I've seen very few say JC WILL be the guy. However, I do see plenty of "JC is not the guy and never will be" in each and every Campbell thread. Your side has taken a hard line on something they can't really know, the other side is mostly adopted the "wait and see" approach, since we realioze that's all anybody can do right now.

Again, the "grocery boys" Colt was playing with were facing off against other "grocery boys". The line Campbell played behind last season was obviously better than the "grocery boys" protecting Colt, but then again the defenses they faced were much better than the "grocery boys" Colt was playing against. You're making the situation out to be worse than it is, go figure.

Archived