Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: Colt’s Corner – Examining the Ravens Game

JimmiJo

blc, when have you ever heard campbell ever say "gee, golly, whiz"?

and i wouldn't put it past you to take shots at doug williams.

oh my god. if you cant tell the difference between how jason talks and how colt talks, i cant help you there. read between the lines dude. ARE had a nickname for campbell, i think he called him "country".

and taking a shot at doug williams? cmon, the guy was a mediocre QB who turned it on for the 87 playoffs and that was about it. the whole team was on fire, timmy smith hello? if someone from that generation would like to tell me otherwise im all ears.

you dont want a dominating QB???? care to explain why?

Where did I post that? You act like they grow on Trees .There are about 5 in the legue right now. TEAM is more important than 1 star. Did you watch Elway early on? I'm not saying JC is the answer. I think the lack of support from fans is idiotic at this point. Wait and see what happens this year and support the guy who will try his best to get us there.What else can u do?

colt didnt have a good game. the oline wasnt helping either. campbell never dealt with a line that was as bad as what colt was dealing with, but at the same time, colt had his chances and didnt hit them either.

poor showing by both units.

You are blind then. The pressure Colt faced is no where compared to what JC saw in the Pit game last year. Are u serious?

Where did I post that? You act like they grow on Trees .There are about 5 in the legue right now. TEAM is more important than 1 star. Did you watch Elway early on? I'm not saying JC is the answer. I think the lack of support from fans is idiotic at this point. Wait and see what happens this year and support the guy who will try his best to get us there.What else can u do?

we already know whats going to happen with campbell, itll be the same as it always is. nothing suggests hes going to be anything other than mediocre.

and yeah i know they dont grow on trees, but some act like we shouldn't even be out trying to find one. what if colt was one? i think were just treading water/wasting time with campbell and it sucks. if were gonna fail, fail with something new. no reason to borderline on mediocre for yet another season with the same guy behind center.

ill support campbell when hes out there, but i do not support the idea of him playing any longer. its a waste of everyones time.

Well hopefully we now have the 2001 Ravens D because we already have Trent Dilfer!!

Actually Dilfer played better that yr than JC has ever played. That statement just tells me you don't know much about the position. There are a lot of little thing involved with leading a team as QB.

People who think JC is a future great QB are fools. When a QB comes into the league from the first time they step on the field you know if they are going to be special. Name a Qb who has started for his team for 3 or 4 years playing average at best. And then BANG, he is a top 5 or 10 QB his 5th year. there aren't any. And don't give me it is the system. Was it the system that made him throw over the heads of 2 wide open receivers the other night. Jason is not the worst in the NFL he is just average.

DREW BREES! Next question.

What pocket????????? What game were you watching? I guess you also think it was CB5 fault for the Int. even though he was getting decked by someone on the release. That kid was running for his life.

I am not saying that CB5 is the answer. All I am telling you is JC is not.

Again, did you even bother reading the article?

"After I got some pressure I could see myself a couple times in the fourth quarter, one time for sure, where I didn’t need to scramble. They had washed down the line and I just saw open field, turned and started running it. I picked up some yards but the truth was that all I had to do was stay in rhythm, go through my progression, set step, and I would have found a guy".

Colt himself admitted that "all I had to do was stay in rhythm, go through my progressions, set up, and I would have found a guy".

So, why are you so intent on making excuses for someone who is not even making excuses for himself?:confused:

nothing wrong with getting emotional.
I agree. I just don't think that emotions happens to apply in this case.

Colt freely adimitted that he let a mistake get to him and affect his performance. Now even if I am wrong and that does have something to do with emotions, IMO that's not the positive type of emotions that will benefit Colt, the team or us in the long run.

Like I said before, he needs to learn how to brush that **** off.

the guy obviously sets high standards for himself. frankly i like it better than the "gee golly whiz" campbell/gibbsII attitude, but thats just me.
I don't really understand how Colt not being able to let go of a mistake and letting that affect his play pertains to him setting high standards for himself or the Campbell/Gibbs2 comparison.

But, the "gee golly whiz" read was entertaining as all hell.:hysterical:

we already know whats going to happen with campbell, itll be the same as it always is. nothing suggests hes going to be anything other than mediocre.

and yeah i know they dont grow on trees, but some act like we shouldn't even be out trying to find one. what if colt was one? i think were just treading water/wasting time with campbell and it sucks. if were gonna fail, fail with something new. no reason to borderline on mediocre for yet another season with the same guy behind center.

ill support campbell when hes out there, but i do not support the idea of him playing any longer. its a waste of everyones time.

Spot on once again.

I wonder if all these guys got Campbell jerseys or something for xmas and dont want to donate them to goodwill just yet?

Even an old washed up Brett Favre threw for 5 td's in one game last year in a new system,on a mediocre team.....we just havnt seen those kind of flashes out of JC yet. A flash to me isnt screen pass,a few safe throws and keeping the ints low. Flashes are signs that he could be great,not could win games if a certain set of circumstances went right aka the defense bailing us out yet again.

Who do you think is going to stand in the pocket and deliver that tough pass while getting hit under the chin? JC has done this several times. I doubt happy feet Colt would.

I watched the game replay of thursday last night ans I recall seeing Brennan rolling out and trying to make a throw down the sideline as he was getting crushed.

I saw another play where Paul Krugger blew up the tackle and crushed colt...Jc wouldve likey fumbled that right?

just curious as to why ll56?

Dispite what a lot of people on this board speculate, Im fairly certain LL56 breathes the same air in the locker room as the players.

He is incredibly insightful, has proven that he goes out with players on the team ( I remember LL recanting a situation where a fan (and ES poster) was able to meet and get an autograph from Laron Landry at a club) and has validated himself with the Mods around here.

LL56 and other lurkers here on this message board are incredible commodities. Some people on this board (mostly noobies who don't believe his clout) give him lip and don't believe the things he says, but what he says is very credible, and usually accurate, unless he interjects speculation which he always labels as so.

We as ES members are lucky to have postes like LL56 and Andyman (who no longers visits here).

Actually Dilfer played better that yr than JC has ever played. That statement just tells me you don't know much about the position. There are a lot of little thing involved with leading a team as QB.

Trent threw 12 TD and 11 int that year. Yea he did alot better then JC!!LOL

Bottom line is-

ES reveals a lot more about the posters than it does about the Redskins.

I don't see much difference in Colt's "attitude" and "approach" to his job. He is a student of the game (learns new systems), is a team player (shares credits and absorbs blame) and strives to improve (and improves quickly when given the reps and the coaching).

He'll be fine and will continue to improve.

HTTR!

BLC, let me first just say that I respect your opinions...always have.

But, I have to ask what exactly are you trying to accomplish by appearing in just about every thread in the stadium and turning into a "Jason Campbell is not the answer" thread? For example, this is totally a Colt Brennan thread and his evaluation of his performance. It's almost like you are trying to get Redskins fans who support Campbell to change their minds.

After a while, doesn't it just feel like you are shouting at the wind?

BTW, if I have asked you this before please forgive me, they say that the memory is the first thing to go.

Trent threw 12 TD and 11 int that year. Yea he did alot better then JC!!LOL

Pretty decent point actually. I don't think the defenses are comperable though. Even if Washington was the #4 def last year, it in no way compares to thte 2000 Ravens D.

But, I have to ask what exactly are you trying to accomplish by appearing in just about every thread in the stadium and turning into a "Jason Campbell is not the answer" thread? For example, this is totally a Colt Brennan thread and his evaluation of his performance. It's almost like you are trying to get Redskins fans who support Campbell to change their minds.

as ive said before, everything goes back to jason. it sucks that its always about campbell but sadly, it is. anytime discussing colt, it has to turn into a campbell thread because hes the reason colt isnt getting his shot and its the biggest position of concern.

and i hardly turned this into a campbell thread. the 3rd post was all about campbells excuses vs colts. i might be one of the louder guys on the subject but its not just me hijacking every thread, i just go along with it once its hijacked. lol

BTW, if I have asked you this before please forgive me, they say that the memory is the first thing to go.

Most of the times he does not start it. Someone being a smartass,or trying to feel better about the situation will take anything negetive and run to start a new thread about it.

I feel like he presents his case well and asks questions few dare to answer honestly.

now i cannot speak for him,just saying I dont have an issue at all about his posting.

Archived