Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GDT Redskins @ Ravens

ixcuincle

It's only preseason but the offensive line after the first string was pretty horrendous.

And just as a side note...the announcers tonight were pitiful. At least 5 times Theisman messed up players names. Worst part is, they were players for the Redskins. What the hell man. Know the team you are broadcasting for and get the players names right. It isn't rocket science. I could do a better job announcing.

Not only were we shut out, our deepest drive was to what, their 30 yard line? We could barely get even within 10 yards of the outskirts of the red zone and our longest play was like 15 yards. Zorn era will be over in 19 games if he doesn't fix this ASAP.

well, if Davis doesn't fumble the drive would have gone on so you can thank Fred Davis for that one. Damn. Just when you need Davis to oversleep he sets his alarm and shows up for the game. Damn!

did you finally get to watch it? I missed almost the whole first half- will catch that on replay tomorrow.

ljs, thanks a million. You saved my life tonight. I did, and wow that was as bad as it sounded. I'm just glad I got to stop listening to Sonny and Sam trashing everything and laughing at us. WTH?

My take on the game

I'm really not that disappointed

BIGGEST SURPRISE The O-Line. Actually played pretty good. From all the talk during camp I was expecting to watch something akin to pouring water into a colander. In fact the pass blocking was better than the run blocking.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT The young secondary players. Could Barnes and Tryson look much worse? Excusable for a rookie but this is Tryson's second year. Secondary depth is a concern. On the plus side Kareem Moore #41 was making plays and looked like a genuine baller.

QB PLAY Campbell looked decent if unspectacular. Collins so-so. Brennan set himself back IMO. Wouldn't be surprised to see Daniel get more PT next week.

I'm not at all concerned with our defense. And I'm less worried about the O Line. Campbell affirmed he's the man at QB but the tendency not to be able to finish drives is still a major concern. On the bright side Kelly looked like he might be the real deal if he can stay healthy.

All in all it reminded me a lot of a Joe Gibbs preseason game back in the old days. And at least we didn't sign Michael Vick.

This is actually a good post.

Biggest negative is we have NO depth. If any of our starters go down we have scrubs.

Man that was ugly, pre season or not. All the Ravens fans in this area are acting like they just bounced us out of the playoffs with this game. lol I swear.

Well it's a learning tool, hope the coaches see what they need to see.

crappy showing ...the team looked totally flat, wh ile the ravens were runnin and throwin with confidence.

skins looked horrible.

you could tell which team had swagger and which didn't .

ljs, thanks a million. You saved my life tonight. I did, and wow that was as bad as it sounded. I'm just glad I got to stop listening to Sonny and Sam trashing everything and laughing at us. WTH?

all welcome. I'm going to do more prep work before the next game.:silly:

This is actually a good post.

Biggest negative is we have NO depth. If any of our starters go down we have scrubs.

We do have depth. But you have to realize playing around better players makes you better yourself. If we have to rely on our 3rd string D playing full time then yes we are gonna suck. But if you bring in someone to play with our starters they will not look bad.

I'm not terribly upset with the game. JC looked good, and that's not playing with any of his weapons. His stats look better if Hagans could play football. O-line looked better than expected. Hunter the Punter looked good, and what a great name. Colt, and his following has had a little light shed on what JC has been through. I mean, they compare him tonight to JC with backhanded comments. Orakpo was worth the draft pick. Moore is one of the few we can count on as far as depth. And I'm not completely drunk, which might be the bad thing. 3 more to go fellows, bring those jerk ass Steelers to town and lets get motivated.

Fans' date=' this is the team and organization that you pay all your money to Dan Snyder for. It will be this way until either a) he dies or B) enough of you grow some brain cells and stop supporting the inferior product he is offering at inflated prices.[/quote']

Dallas called they would like their fan back. Dude let it go. How many teams play like **** during the preseason and have a great season and vice versa.

1. I was very disappointed with the tackling.

2. I was disappointed that we had not run game the entire night.

3. I was disappointed in Colt.

1. The Oline played better than the reports out of camp. Disappointed that BMW couldn't play more. He is still working on his body, but I still wanted to see him. Montgomery is slowing earning a spot on the team.

2. No big injuries.

3. Certain players like Hagan played themselves off the team.

Rookies make mistakes, but can they learn from those mistakes? Barnes gets the pass, but Tyron is a second year man that was exposed. I bet Blache put him out there in a position to succeed of fail. Which to me is a great way to find out about a player. May not look good, but you get an answer.

Archived