Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cash for Clunkers

AsburySkinsFan

Here's mine that I just got today. Has anyone else taken advantage of the program yet? We traded in a 2002 Ford Windstar; which had a blue book of $1600, had a transmission that was going bad, and I just found out had a leak in the head gasket. We managed to keep our payments very close to what we were paying on the Windstar so our budget won't be affected...yay!

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

sidefront2.jpg

sidefront.jpg

siderear.jpg

front.jpg

rear.jpg

Nice car~

I'm trying..have a 91 Ford Explorer that I had planned to turn in last week- but the same day I was going to do that, the ****er quit running. I think it's the battery cables, but I gotta get it fixed first.

I'm thinking the Ford Escape, or even Focus. I don't want a big payment- and those are rated well by Consumer reports.

Nice car and it sounds like you did pretty good :applause:

Thanks, we are very happy with it.

When we have the time to figure out what percentage of the car is mine (since as a taxpayer, I helped pay for it), we can work out a schedule for when I get to drive it. :)

Sure thing, and I imagine that with the percentage that you would at least be able to drive it to the mailbox, and since I'm so generous I'll even let you put it back into the garage. ;)

I'm more interested in the truck next to it. :)

Yeah, that's my baby. 100,000 miles and still going strong.

Yeah, that's my baby. 100,000 miles and still going strong.

surely you must be joking. thats an american car, and a dodge at that. thats like the smelliest piece of poop in the whole pile. ;)

but seriously, nice car im sure you'll enjoy it.

surely you must be joking. thats an american car, and a dodge at that. thats like the smelliest piece of poop in the whole pile. ;)

LOL! I was never a Dodge man until I owned my 1500, now I love 'em, 100,000 and no major problems, the biggest thing that I've had go wrong just happened last week and its my window on the driver's side, its now stuck. This truck has been flawless, and when the 5.9 V8 does finally give in it'll get another one just like it and go for another 100,000 miles plus.

but seriously, nice car im sure you'll enjoy it.

Thanks, going from minivan to car is a bit of a shift but I do like it very much.

Nice car~

I'm trying..have a 91 Ford Explorer that I had planned to turn in last week- but the same day I was going to do that, the ****er quit running. I think it's the battery cables, but I gotta get it fixed first.

I'm thinking the Ford Escape, or even Focus. I don't want a big payment- and those are rated well by Consumer reports.

My parents got a Ford Escape a few months ago. They seem to like it alot. It's actually pretty nice and gets decent gas mileage.

So, no one else has gotten rid of their clunker?

The wife wants a new Camaro, but the jerks don't wanna give the rebate for it.

I figure to sweat em out till they get desperate...besides I'd rather the convertible(which ain't available yet)

I'm in no hurry to give Govt Motors any money anyway.

So, no one else has gotten rid of their clunker?

planning on it as soon as my "clunker" is repaired. Can't get the rebate if I have to tow it to the dealer:silly:

Should have it next week- and I'll update when it happens.

Where the **** is the outrage for this program? It's artificially inflated the price of cars at the expense of tax payers. A few years for now, I wonder how many people are going to be defaulting on their car loans, furthering the tax payer burden???

No, I'm not bashing the OP, I'm just amazed that this subject isn't getting the same scrutiny around here that the whole mortgage topic did.

And yes, I'm trying to buy a car right now and this ****ing program has managed to raise the prices I THOUGHT I was going to be able to get on a new Toyota Highlander Limited by about $2000 in a matter of a few weeks!! :chair:

The outrage is in the other dozen threads on it;)

Yep, this thread is for the praise and benefits of this program and for those who are taking advantage of it.

As for the raise in prices, I've seen nothing of the sort, and I can say this with a fair level of assurance considering my wife and I have been researching these cars for several weeks now and we haven't seen any increase, everything is exactly where we expected it to be.

*edit

BTW, the Highlander doesn't even qualify for the clunkers program because it doesn't get 21 mpg.

Archived