Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cash for Clunkers

AsburySkinsFan

okay maybe this will make it more clear for me

if Factory invoice is 19,426 and MSRP is 20,805 how much lower should i be bargaining for disregarding the tag + destination charges

I used to audit car dealers and a tactic I used was to always ask for the invoice. (I'm not sure on all invoices, but at least for Fords and related autos, you could see what the dealer pays on it in the bottom right hand corner)

I usually used a rule of thumb, if they dont show you the invoice, they are working you over.

I used to audit car dealers and a tactic I used was to always ask for the invoice. (I'm not sure on all invoices, but at least for Fords and related autos, you could see what the dealer pays on it in the bottom right hand corner)

I usually used a rule of thumb, if they dont show you the invoice, they are working you over.

yeah i talked around to other dealerships and they said that 19,665 out the door is the best i will find and if that is a serious out the door quote i should go for. also said that i could haggle all i want but that the market for the car esp due to this program is high and they are less likely to bargain etc

yeah i talked around to other dealerships and they said that 19,665 out the door is the best i will find and if that is a serious out the door quote i should go for. also said that i could haggle all i want but that the market for the car esp due to this program is high and they are less likely to bargain etc

If 19,426 is the invoice as you mentioned, and they are giving it to you for 19,665 out the door (including taxes and fees), I'd say that's a good deal considering sales tax on the invoice should be over $500 in VA, which means they're giving you a price well below invoice.

• 2 weeks later...
so i cash for clunker-ed

and 95 previa for a 2009 honda accord ex-l coupe for 25,200 (out the door) + free fog lights with instillation as well as some other perks!

love the decision great great car :D

Congrats, but I thought you were going in for a Civic? :D

:hysterical::hysterical:

the Americans need to pick up their game.

I think Americans make great foreign cars, its the American made "American" cars that need help. I know my Smyrna Tennessee made Nissan is great, and I've heard good things about the Georgetown Kentucky made Camry and the Marysville Ohio Honda seems to be doing pretty good as well. Just think how many "real Americans" we helped provide jobs for with our new cars. :cheers:

Congrats, but I thought you were going in for a Civic? :D

i was and i loved the civic! but i wanted ex-l they were asking for 22,000

for the accord ex-l they asked for 25,200 with free fog light with instillation as well as all season mats so that was like 600 dollars worth of goods and i figured the difference of 2,500 + the 1,000 less cash for clunkers was negligible due to the additional space etc. besides after talking with the family they felt uncomfortable with the civic due to its size so i went with the accord

gas mileage was a bummer though i was excited for the 25/35 instead i get 21 and 31. you win some you lose some:cool:

I think Americans make great foreign cars, its the American made "American" cars that need help. I know my Smyrna Tennessee made Nissan is great, and I've heard good things about the Georgetown Kentucky made Camry and the Marysville Ohio Honda seems to be doing pretty good as well. Just think how many "real Americans" we helped provide jobs for with our new cars.

i misunderstood what you were saying! yeah my honda was built in ohio i believe.

i thought you were talking about american american cars along the lines of gm and ford.

but the nissan is great i have fond memories of my 03 altima and now it has been passed along to the sister/ mother

Grats! Nice to see more and more people buying American cars.;)

Or another way of thinking it. What is more american than supporting the better product?

I use to only drive american (3 of my last 4 cars) but eventually I realized I am not helping them bring a better product to the market by buying their crappy products for the sake of ensuring Detroit has a job.

Archived