Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Best Sleeper on the Redskins

I have to agree, Dockery has the most potential to go along with the physical attributes.

I wouldn't classify the majority of those players as sleepers, as most have started or at least played large chunks of time throughout their careers.

Gillespie is camp fodder at best. I don't see him getting one snap this season, barring an emergency.

LJ is a close second to Dockery, but he's coming off a major injury that would hurt an established veterans performance, let alone and unproven youngster.

Dockery has all the qualities of a sleeper. On one hand, he could be a hog-esque mauler, or he could be a regular at Dunkin' Dounuts. Nobody knows how he'll turn out.

I do have Rock radar.

Something woke me up.......and guided me to the board......and this thread.

Like a Rock.......

Strong as he can be......

Like a Rock.......

A sleeper he will prove to be.....

OOOOO OOOOOOO

Like a Rock.

:laugh: :laugh: ;)

Blondie

Whoop,

I like the question, and its great to see another poster who knows the players on his team...

BUT FORGOSHSAKES, LOOK AT THE ROSTER PAGE BEFORE YOU **SPELL** THE PLAYERS NAMES!!!! :)

Thanks to Buddha, Extremeskins has the most current and updated roster information that you can find on the internet...

Click on the link above or use the one in the MAIN MENU.

:cheers:

I really like Antonio Pierce. I thought when Arrington went out a couple years back he really showed up and played well, considering his experience level. Armstead can't last forever, and I hope when the day comes that he hangs up the cleats we still have Antonio Pierce to step into his spot.

~Bang

in terms of the upcoming season the big surprise could end up being Taylor Jacobs. If Gardner were to get injured, Jacobs could be a 16 game performer and rack up some very nice numbers next to Coles, who defensive coordinators are sure to game plan against with extra coverage :)

in terms of the 'unknown' player vaulting up, how about Matt Bowen?

nobody really knows much about him. I saw him in one NFL game, the 15 tackle game against Atlanta in the playoffs.

the Skins saw some good things in him and we have had such a void at safety for years, that a guy coming in who plays solid and turns in the occasional big play could be the unsung hero of the defense :)

Kevin Mitchell is clearly a key to this years success. At this point, we have no idea whether or not Trotter will be able to make it back. And if he does, we have no idea if he will have the power necessary to shed 320 lb guards , the quickness to chase down RBs etc. The re-signing of Kevin Mitchell, who knows the D and has proven himself to a be a consistent MLB will be key to this season.

This may be Ifi's break-out year. L. Jackson could prove to be a sleeper if he's recovered from his injury and shows he can play the run too. Rock may have a good year but since he doesn't really play a flashy position (of course, performance could modify this), I don't know if the rest of the NFL will call him a sleeper (we may, however). The rest of the guy's listed would most likely mean that somebody was injured, so even though they may be better than expected, there still could be a talent drop-off. I truly think that the guy who may do better than expected is Betts. If Mr Spurrier's offense works like he wants, our prime back could easily go for 1400 - 1600 yards.

Yeah i dont know about that Mitchell over Trotter thing....

Dockery will definately be a big contributer next season if not this one and yes, Jackson will help with the pass rush ALOT more than most expect

Originally posted by MAP16

Kevin Mitchell should have been starting over Trotter all year last year.

Amen! It's seems like I'm the only one that has noticed Kevin Mitchell's contribution since he joined the Redskins. It's a shame that he had to take a back seat to Derek Smith and now Trotter. Based on the both of their performances last year, Kevin Mitchell should be the starting middle LB and Trotter should be fighting for a right to start. But, we all know that isn't going to happen based on what we are paying for Trotter.

I also agree with the other poster concerning Antonio Pierce. This guy is going to be a very solid LB. A nice replacement after Armstead.

Archived