Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Devin Thomas....NFL Players Like to Bring Out the Freak In Ya

skinslove<3

You sounded a little too agitated before, which is why I think people were arguing with you. To me, I'm indifferent. As long as it helps with his mental state, and isn't a disruption, he can act as conceited as he wants to.

Like I said at the very beginning of these posts, he can do what ever he wants...he can earn however he wants earn, but just like him I am free to toss my criticism his way if I feel like it.

Apparently the Devin Thomas fan club started jumping down my throat I have been here defending my legit criticisms ever since.

I don't think anyone really cares that you are criticizing him. I think where most people had something to say is when you called him by those names that really isn't warranted. You can say he sucked or didn't produce all you want and I don't think anyone would care. I think everyone just had a problem with the name calling. That's all I'm going to say. And no, i'm not giving in. I have to get some work done.

Your orignal quote about excusing Davis was as follows:

"Davis never got on the field. Was that his fault? Or was playing behind a Pro Bowler part of the issue?"

To which I responded...

"Re: Davis - God you don't really follow football do? Do you realize how bad you must be to be deactivated for 5 games. That means he was not valuable enough to be one of the 3 TE dressed for each game. THat means Zorn said...hmmm I don't need him for any offense packages despite his professed desire to run 2 TE passing sets. But wait there's more Zorn and Danny Smith also decided that he couldn't even be a valuable enough special teams contributor"

What is so insulting about that? You claimed that somehow Cooley was the only reason why he was deactivated and had 1 catch all season. To which I provided evidence to the contrary and potentially illuminated that fact that you might not be as knowledgable about football as you may have thought.

No need to shoot the messenger. You had no rebuttal to the point I made, so I accept you acknowledgment that my comments about Davis were on point.

Nothing personal.

Look for the flaw in your logic there...

I'll help.

I said playing behind a Pro Bowler was "part of the issue."

How does that jibe with you saying "You claimed that somehow Cooley was the only reason why he was deactivated and had 1 catch all season." ?

You really don't get it guy. Everyone knows he didn't produce. He was a rookie last year and needs to step up. I'm not boys with him or whatever else you think but calling him names like you did is just ridiculous. You are in the minority here and I think most would label you as an ass clown and a punk.

Unfortunately you don't get it.

You were the first person to respond to me...Have you completely forgotten what you intially said to me.

You said:

Originally Posted by I_Bleed_B&G viewpost.gif

why do people on here ***** about everything? So he got paid for taking some pics.

To which I responded:

I ****** because he's all bravado and no performance. He thinks he's god's gift and guess what he's barely 3/4 option at WR.

Thus ensued some strange discussion where people erroneously thought I beleived he isn't allow to make money by take photos, to which I responded I don't give a crap about how he makes money, but I felt the photos only futher bolster this riduculous bravado image that isn't backed up by his performance on the field.

So don't misconstrue the conversation...I think he's a big disappointment and I waiting for him to have a bounce back year...let it alone.

Look for the flaw in your logic there...

I'll help.

I said playing behind a Pro Bowler was "part of the issue."

How does that jibe with you saying "You claimed that somehow Cooley was the only reason why he was deactivated and had 1 catch all season." ?

You're right...Fred Davis wasn't good enough to be one of the 3 starting gameday TE because of Cooley. Funny I don't know how Cooley could take up all three TE spots, but maybe you can explain. When they ran two TE sets, Cooley apparently played both positions. He also couldn't get on special teams because of Cooley - a guy who doesn't play special teams anymore.

Just stop...you're point is infintesimally weak at best. This 2nd round pick couldn't even beat out Todd Yoder for game time....

You're right...Fred Davis wasn't good enough to be one of the 3 starting gameday TE because of Cooley. Funny I don't know how Cooley could take up all three TE spots, but maybe you can explain. When they ran two TE sets, Cooley apparently played both positions. He also couldn't get on special teams because of Cooley - a guy who doesn't play special teams anymore.

Just stop...you're point is infintesimally weak at best. This 2nd round pick couldn't even beat out Todd Yoder for game time....

There were 3 tight ends last season? I thought it was just Cooley and Yoder. Yoder's a better blocker, and I figured that was the reason Davis couldn't play (though he must have underperformed to a point) was because our offensive line needed as much help as it could get.

There were 3 tight ends last season? I thought it was just Cooley and Yoder. Yoder's a better blocker, and I figured that was the reason Davis couldn't play (though he must have underperformed to a point) was because our offensive line needed as much help as it could get.

You might be right about the extra offensive linemen (i.e. in terms of not activating 3 TEs for certain games), but the bottom line the kid, (who was a 2nd round pick) wasn't good enough for the gameday roster.

That says something. 2nd round picks are not drafted to be deactivated, and if Davis had shown something in practice, be it on offense or special teams, he would have been active the whole season. but he wasn't and that is particularly troubling.

Yes you are right and there is someone in this thread that cant see that. :rolleyes:

Oh and out of ten WR's drafted in the 2nd round in 08 just 3 helped there team out. DT was the most raw when we drafted him but was the better athlete.

Why knock on someone who was a rookie and is just now getting his redshirt taken off. :doh:

You might be right about the extra offensive linemen (i.e. in terms of not activating 3 TEs for certain games), but the bottom line the kid, (who was a 2nd round pick) wasn't good enough for the gameday roster.

That says something. 2nd round picks are not drafted to be deactivated, and if Davis had shown something in practice, be it on offense or special teams, he would have been active the whole season. but he wasn't and that is particularly troubling.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Fred Davis was drafted for his blocking abilities. He obviously is athletic enough, but he can improve in that area over time. We had Cooley as our receiving TE, and we had a struggling right side of the line. Why would we want Fred Davis to be the backup when Yoder is the better blocker and would make the bigger impact?

I don't want to make it seem like my expectations for him are really low, but the decisions to deactivate him don't seem to be because he wasn't who we thought we drafted.

Why knock and someone who was a rookie and is just now getting his redshirt taken off. :doh:

Oh, is that what the photoshoot was trying to capture?

I ****** because he's all bravado and no performance. He thinks he's god's gift and guess what he's barely 3/4 option at WR.

Just stop. All throughout this thread you've spewed garbage and nothing else.

We get it: You think Devin Thomas sucked in his rookie year. I don't think anyone would disagree with that considering it was a disappointment. Most rookie WRs have disappointing campaigns, though.

We also get because of one picture, you're making a snap judgment about his character. This is completely incorrect. I guess you've missed all the talk about Thomas putting in more time this offseason and working with JC, to try and be a better football player. This has come from Cerrato and Zorn. And Zorn is, in case you couldn't tell, very honest with the media a lot of the time. I'd trust him on that.

No one here has really disagreed in Thomas' rookie season being disappointing. Everyone has disagreed with your pegging someone based off of one little thing such as a picture. Devin Thomas has never acted like god's gift in any interview and didn't act like it on the sidelines cause he wasn't getting playing time. One picture a "bravado" image does not make.

If I were you, I'd stop judging people so quickly.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Fred Davis was drafted for his blocking abilities. He obviously is athletic enough, but he can improve in that area over time. We had Cooley as our receiving TE, and we had a struggling right side of the line. Why would we want Fred Davis to be the backup when Yoder is the better blocker and would make the bigger impact?

I don't want to make it seem like my expectations for him are really low, but the decisions to deactivate him don't seem to be because he wasn't who we thought we drafted.

Oh, is that what the photoshoot was trying to capture?

THe bottom line was Davis was deactivated for 5 games and only got 1 catch in the remain 11 because he didn't have a good grasp of the offense wasn't very good in practice and Zorn refused to call his number.

Look, you seem fairly objective about all this, but for me I just find it really troubling that our 2nd round picks are healthy scratches.

This isn't college...so stop using the whole redshirt analogy. 1st and 2nd round picks are supposed to be starters or at least contributing backups.

The only one of the 3 that came close to that last season was Thomas.

That is not a good rookie campaign no matter how you slice. They better improve of this team is in real trouble.

Is part of the reason Davis didn't get playing time because Cooley is better than him? If yes, then STFU. Because that's all I said. So maybe you should "just stop."

Just stop. All throughout this thread you've spewed garbage and nothing else.

We get it: You think Devin Thomas sucked in his rookie year. I don't think anyone would disagree with that considering it was a disappointment. Most rookie WRs have disappointing campaigns, though.

We also get because of one picture, you're making a snap judgment about his character. This is completely incorrect. I guess you've missed all the talk about Thomas putting in more time this offseason and working with JC, to try and be a better football player. This has come from Cerrato and Zorn. And Zorn is, in case you couldn't tell, very honest with the media a lot of the time. I'd trust him on that.

No one here has really disagreed in Thomas' rookie season being disappointing. Everyone has disagreed with your pegging someone based off of one little thing such as a picture. Devin Thomas has never acted like god's gift in any interview and didn't act like it on the sidelines cause he wasn't getting playing time. One picture a "bravado" image does not make.

If I were you, I'd stop judging people so quickly.

How many years do I need before I am allowed to be critical, oh arbiter of fairness?

Why jump into the conversation...most have my posts have been simply to establish the point I think he had a poor rookie season and thus his early season quotes rubbed me the wrong way.

Most of my posts in this thread have been about that and not the picture. However, "the picture judging" always ends up being the default response of most of you posters (yourself included...congrats) who can't refute the fact that he sucked last year.

Look, I've watched for a year, I don't care for him. I watched Lloyd for a year and I was done with him too.

And guess what...I'm entitled to my opinion...Because last time I checked these message board allow me to express my feelings. I think he looks ridiculous and it only compounds the problems I have with Thomas.

If he's a family member of something, or he reads the boards and it hurts his feelings tell him I'm sorry, but it comes with the territory. If you don't know him just move...its kinda sad how you are all part of this Devin Thomas fan club who won't allow any criticism of Devin.

But honestly, why don't you let it go....move on. I am only responding to you people...I have created an original DT post since like the first two.

Tell you what...why don't you talk about how phat his ink looks or something.

Isn't what this thread is all about...Devin's Bringing Out the Freak in Ya!!!!!

THe bottom line was Davis was deactivated for 5 games and only got 1 catch in the remain 11 because he didn't have a good grasp of the offense wasn't very good in practice and Zorn refused to call his number.

Look, you seem fairly objective about all this, but for me I just find it really troubling that our 2nd round picks are healthy scratches.

This isn't college...so stop using the whole redshirt analogy. 1st and 2nd round picks are supposed to be starters or at least contributing backups.

The only one of the 3 that came close to that last season was Thomas.

That is not a good rookie campaign no matter how you slice. They better improve of this team is in real trouble.

The goal is long-term success, not immediate success when rookies are involved. The most disappointing rookie last year was far and away Devin Thomas because he was healthy, competed against an average to below-average WR group, and still couldn't make an impact. As for Fred Davis, "the bottom line" that you bring up doesn't really say much because of the reasons I already gave you.

Davis is a question mark just like the other two, but he hasn't done anything that says we should be worried about him yet. He hasn't had the opportunity to do anything.

BTW, I never used the redshirt analogy (though I doubt you were directing that to me).

Is part of the reason Davis didn't get playing time because Cooley is better than him? If yes, then STFU. Because that's all I said. So maybe you should "just stop."

Cursing doesn't make your point anymore compelling.

So your killer argument about early 2nd round pick Fred Davis' 11 game-1 catch season is wait for it....he failed to displace pro bowl te Chris Cooley.

You're right it was a "part"of the reason...like I said an Infintesimally small reason why Davis had so little invovlement in the offense or special teams.

So I guess you win:doh: You really got me...

How many years do I need before I am allowed to be critical, oh arbiter of fairness?

Why jump into the conversation...most have my posts have been simply to establish the point I think he had a poor rookie season and thus his early season quotes rubbed me the wrong way.

Most of my posts in this thread have been about that and not the picture. However, "the picture judging" always ends up being the default response of most of you posters (yourself included...congrats) who can't refute the fact that he sucked last year.

Look, I've watched for a year, I don't care for him. I watched Lloyd for a year and I was done with him too.

And guess what...I'm entitled to my opinion...Because last time I checked these message board allow me to express my feelings. I think he looks ridiculous and it only compounds the problems I have with Thomas.

If he's a family member of something, or he reads the boards and it hurts his feelings tell him I'm sorry, but it comes with the territory. If you don't know him just move...its kinda sad how you are all part of this Devin Thomas fan club who won't allow any criticism of Devin.

But honestly, why don't you let it go....move on. I am only responding to you people...I have created an original DT post since like the first two.

Tell you what...why don't you talk about how phat his ink looks or something.

Isn't what this thread is all about...Devin's Bringing Out the Freak in Ya!!!!!

you are absolutely allowed to critisize Devin but only in relation to his perormance on the football field, becasue as a spectator that spends his time on sundays watching the game as opposed to playing, thats all you know. And you did this admirably, so kudos to you were for recognizing that devin thomas had less than satisfactory year.very hard to do. But then you start making accusations on Devin's character by calling him a punk or an ass clown. And what is this based on?? becasue he got a few offensive pi calls? becasue he took a couple pictures with his shirt off? wrong.. your in a position to call him out as a player, but not as a person. And thats why people are reacting strongly to your posts..

The goal is long-term success, not immediate success when rookies are involved. The most disappointing rookie last year was far and away Devin Thomas because he was healthy, competed against an average to below-average WR group, and still couldn't make an impact. As for Fred Davis, "the bottom line" that you bring up doesn't really say much because of the reasons I already gave you.

Davis is a question mark just like the other two, but he hasn't done anything that says we should be worried about him yet. He hasn't had the opportunity to do anything.

BTW, I never used the redshirt analogy (though I doubt you were directing that to me).

Re: Redshirt Certainly wasn't directed at you...you have been the only person on here who has legitimately listened to the points I have been making.

With that said, Davis we can agree to disagree. The bottom line if he had made more of an impression in practice and actually understood the offense or the small sliver they devised for him and Cooley in the 2 TE sets he would have been in the game far more often. But the bottom line he didn't make the contributions that I expected out of a 2nd round pick.

As for Thomas, while long term is the goal, there is a serious need for a dramatic short improvement. Cerrato has made his bed with these receivers. The refused to go after Boldin ( a perfect compliment), Ochocinco, Housh, or Plax, because they "believe" this guy and Kelly will be legit #2 WRs. There is no Plan B at WR - they're it.

The key guys on this team offensively aren't going to be here forever. Samuels is breaking down, Portis and Moss are wearing down as well and in order for this team to leap frog three excellent NFC East team... a true #2 must emerge.

A #2 that coordinators actually worry about and a #2 that makes them pay when they choose to double santana. I have serious doubts that Kelly or Thomas can be that guy.

If they do, the picks would all be worth it. If not Cerrato's drafting will have wasted 2-3 prime years for core offensive vets like Portis, Samuels and Moss. And another rebuild will most certainly be underway.

Archived