Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Devin Thomas....NFL Players Like to Bring Out the Freak In Ya

skinslove<3

You sound pretty close-minded. Wide receivers as often as not have quiet rookie years.

Thomas' "attitude" was not "horrible" last season. We knew going in that he was inexperienced at wide receiver even for a rookie. The offensive pass interference penalties (there were a few, not an epidemic you make it out to be) were a result of that rawness. He earned some playing time later in the season and played with some fire and passion.

Kelly was hurt, so why **** on him for that? Davis never got on the field. Was that his fault? Or was playing behind a Pro Bowler part of the issue?

Pretty stupid to write them off after their rookie seasons...

I haven't written them off.

They collectively had less than 30 catches between them. Apparently, I am closed minded if I think their production last season was terrible. I am not and they were.

If you watched Thomas and his quotes to the papers he was quite a big talker prior to the start of the season. However, his yapping was never backed up on the field. I have a problem with that. Talk after you've done something.

As for the pass interference, just stop. The kid never got into the game all season because he didn't know the offense and when Zorn would finally call the 5 plays he knew and the ball was throw his way, he'd get a pass interference penalty. He was not good last season. Why are all of you so afraid to just accept that he sucked last season.

It kills me that you all think that a little criticism when it is warranted is considered closed minded. Its called being objective.

Re: Kelly - I don't fault Kelly, I fault Cerrato. He never should have been drafted in the first place. He was damaged goods and they grabbed him anyway.

Re: Davis - God you don't really follow football do? Do you realize how bad you must be to be deactivated for 5 games. That means he was not valuable enough to be one of the 3 TE dressed for each game. THat means Zorn said...hmmm I don't need him for any offense packages despite his professed desire to run 2 TE passing sets. But wait there's more Zorn and Danny Smith also decided that he couldn't even be a valuable enough special teams contributor.

Wake up people, all three draft picks were disappointments last season. This doesn't mean they will suck this year, per se, but they really have to make a quantum leap in their performances in order to save face. None of them were good last year. Just accept it.

Is this pic absolutely ridiculous?

Yes.

Is it worth making derogatory comments towards one of our players, who was just a rookie last year, and is a young guy in general with all kinds of "hollywood" influences around him?

No.

Every thread here, someone has to go too far. It's like they're waiting to put the 'extreme' in 'extremeskins' with anxious keyboard fingers.

I did read it...so let's delve into this gem that you call insight. "Our whole offense didn't know what they were doing last year. Same 3-4 ays were being called over and over again."

So the excuse you're giving for Thomas and I assume Kelly and Davis is that no one on the offense knew what they were doing. And apparently Zorn only ran 4 plays all season.

Funny I was at all the home game and I watched the others on tv and I think Zorn had a bit more of an expansive play book.

Let's be realistic about why they didn't play.

Kelly - despite pre-draft disclosure of a balky knee, Cerrato decided to draft him anyway and low and behold what happend? Knee kept him out virtually all season and looky looky he's still hurt with a balky knee as this training camp starts. - Don't think that has anything to do with a new offensive system.

Davis - was simply not good enough as a receiver or a blocker to actually get regularly get incorporated into the offense, let alone special teams. This is why Zorn deacitvated him for 5 games last season. But wait....maybe since Zorn only ran 4 offensive plays, he wasn't need for those 5 games since those 4 plays didn't call for Davis' number? Then again maybe not. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11282

And last but not least Thomas, come on just admit it the kid (not the whole team) didn't know the offense. Which is why we were forced to watch James Thrash lineup in many of the 3 WR sets throughout the majority of the season. From a talent perspective its not even close Thomas is a better receiver than Thrash, yet Thrash was still in the lineup...why? Because Thrash knew what the hell the team was doing on offense.

And then when he did get in the offense, his penchant for offensive pass interference repeatedly crippled offensive momentum. If you can't cop to the fact that he totally sucked last year that's fine by me. Continue to drink the Kool Aid. At least I can objectively recognize when a rookie has had an incredibly disappointing season.

I'm really happy that you went to all the home games. Really I am. I think that brings a lot of insight to the table. Maybe I should go to some more games regularly. Damn I'm missing out.

Is this pic absolutely ridiculous?

Yes.

Is it worth making derogatory comments towards one of our players, who was just a rookie last year, and is a young guy in general with all kinds of "hollywood" influences around him?

No.

Every thread here, someone has to go too far. It's like they're waiting to put the 'extreme' in 'extremeskins' with anxious keyboard fingers.

Hey look another apologist....

What's derogatory about saying he sucked last year and I don't care for all his talk without any production to back it up?

That's not being extreme...that being a fair minded critic of his play.

I pray that he actually turns into a legit #2 WR because if not...we're screwed. They need another dangerous wide receiver outside of Moss.

I'm really happy that you went to all the home games. Really I am. I think that brings a lot of insight to the table. Maybe I should go to some more games regularly. Damn I'm missing out.

Well when you make comments like...Zorn ran only 4 plays all year...maybe you should attend some, because frankly thats not insight.

You characterization of the offense was completely off. Don't blame me for calling you out.

And I see you provided a substantive response to my post...way to dodge the rebuttal.

I ****** because he's all bravado and no performance. He thinks he's god's gift and guess what he's barely 3/4 option at WR.

I guess you don't understand the notion that some people act like that as motivation?

Criticism is totally fine of course.....but calling someone a punk, and an a** clown is a little different.

Ok we get it Devin Thomas is your boy.

But I think guys who talk a big game but don't back it up are punks and ***clowns. Open your mouth once you've done something...until then shut up and play.

To you they are avatar worthy.

Details....

nobody here said they didn't suck last year. I think everyone here would agree that they didn't produce. But why call him an "ass clown", "pretend to be a legit player", "punk" and all the other garbage you spout. We all understand he needs to step up big time this year but why call him all these names which arn't warranted? So what he took some pictures that a magazine approached him to do? Why shouldn't he make some extra money? You want him to sit there and say "I shouldn't be in the photo shoot because I didn't do much last season so I don't deserve this." Thats just stupid. I think alot of people here would be more then happy to be in a magazine and getting paid.

Ok we get it Devin Thomas is your boy.

But I think guys who talk a big game but don't back it up are punks and ***clowns. Open your mouth once you've done something...until then shut up and play.

To you they are avatar worthy.

Details....

You seem to have a big mouth, and talk a big game......what exactly have you done? Please dont make me go into the stats of some great receivers in the NFL who had ho-hum rookie seasons.

Avatar worthy? I think it looks cool....nothing more, nothing less.....has nothing to do with him being my boy.

How old are you....really?

I haven't written them off.

They collectively had less than 30 catches between them. Apparently, I am closed minded if I think their production last season was terrible. I am not and they were.

If you watched Thomas and his quotes to the papers he was quite a big talker prior to the start of the season. However, his yapping was never backed up on the field. I have a problem with that. Talk after you've done something.

As for the pass interference, just stop. The kid never got into the game all season because he didn't know the offense and when Zorn would finally call the 5 plays he knew and the ball was throw his way, he'd get a pass interference penalty. He was not good last season. Why are all of you so afraid to just accept that he sucked last season.

It kills me that you all think that a little criticism when it is warranted is considered closed minded. Its called being objective.

Re: Kelly - I don't fault Kelly, I fault Cerrato. He never should have been drafted in the first place. He was damaged goods and they grabbed him anyway.

Re: Davis - God you don't really follow football do? Do you realize how bad you must be to be deactivated for 5 games. That means he was not valuable enough to be one of the 3 TE dressed for each game. THat means Zorn said...hmmm I don't need him for any offense packages despite his professed desire to run 2 TE passing sets. But wait there's more Zorn and Danny Smith also decided that he couldn't even be a valuable enough special teams contributor.

Wake up people, all three draft picks were disappointments last season. This doesn't mean they will suck this year, per se, but they really have to make a quantum leap in their performances in order to save face. None of them were good last year. Just accept it.

None of the three produced last season. Everybody knows that. But not everybody extapolates from that that Thomas is a "punk" who commits a penalty every time he's on the field. Only you do. Show me the quotes where he was a big talker who "yapped" last season. I don't recall reading those quotes and I'd like to see them.

And as to your insult about me not following football? Shove it up your ass.

Oh...well if last season was him motivated...I'd hate to see him when he's disinterested.

I'm not saying that he didn't suck last season, but you need to realize that some people, especially football players, create personas that they want to live up to.

To my knowledge Thomas has been working hard this offseason. I imagine he's a little embarrassed that he couldn't make an impact last season.

Well when you make comments like...Zorn ran only 4 plays all year...maybe you should attend some, because frankly thats not insight.

You characterization of the offense was completely off. Don't blame me for calling you out.

And I see you provided a substantive response to my post...way to dodge the rebuttal.

its called being sarcastic. I know we ran more then 4 plays although it did seem like we ran them over and over again. I'm not dodging anything. It is just that you make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Its like talking to a retard.

nobody here said they didn't suck last year. I think everyone here would agree that they didn't produce. But why call him an "ass clown", "pretend to be a legit player", "punk" and all the other garbage you spout. We all understand he needs to step up big time this year but why call him all these names which arn't warranted? So what he took some pictures that a magazine approached him to do? Why shouldn't he make some extra money? You want him to sit there and say "I shouldn't be in the photo shoot because I didn't do much last season so I don't deserve this." Thats just stupid. I think alot of people here would be more then happy to be in a magazine and getting paid.

So are you saying you now agree with everything I previously posted? Are you now recanting supposed root of Thomas' failing -- the phantom "4 play offense?"

I never said he can't make money. But am I free to make fun of him if he looks ridiculous and I feel that these pictures further bolster my belief that this guy is all show and no performance? I certainly think so.

But apparently, I am closed minded if I don't make some post like "Damn, that cat looks so bad***. Go Skins!!!! 16-0 in 2009! Whoooo!!! Hooo!"

Look until he does something productive, he's not one of my favorite players and he'll continue to remain disappointed. I really hope for the teams sake he turns it around, because at this rate we won't be seeing Kelly anytime soon.

Seriously though, do you love every player on the Skins? Have you never been critical of a player? If so, good for you, cuz I don't.

You seem to have a big mouth, and talk a big game......what exactly have you done? Please dont make me go into the stats of some great receivers in the NFL who had ho-hum rookie seasons.

Avatar worthy? I think it looks cool....nothing more, nothing less.....has nothing to do with him being my boy.

How old are you....really?

Old enough.

I'm not saying that he didn't suck last season, but you need to realize that some people, especially football players, create personas that they want to live up to.

To my knowledge Thomas has been working hard this offseason. I imagine he's a little embarrassed that he couldn't make an impact last season.

And I hope he is and I hope he produces, but why am I forced to like his created "persona?"

I don't care for it...especially when he hasn't done anything. If you think its great fine by me, but I don't have to like it and I am free to criticize it if I care to.

So are you saying you now agree with everything I previously posted? Are you now recanting supposed root of Thomas' failing -- the phantom "4 play offense?"

I never said he can't make money. But am I free to make fun of him if he looks ridiculous and I feel that these pictures further bolster my belief that this guy is all show and no performance? I certainly think so.

But apparently, I am closed minded if I don't make some post like "Damn, that cat looks so bad***. Go Skins!!!! 16-0 in 2009! Whoooo!!! Hooo!"

Look until he does something productive, he's not one of my favorite players and he'll continue to remain disappointed. I really hope for the teams sake he turns it around, because at this rate we won't be seeing Kelly anytime soon.

Seriously though, do you love every player on the Skins? Have you never been critical of a player? If so, good for you, cuz I don't.

You really don't get it guy. Everyone knows he didn't produce. He was a rookie last year and needs to step up. I'm not boys with him or whatever else you think but calling him names like you did is just ridiculous. You are in the minority here and I think most would label you as an ass clown and a punk.

And as to your insult about me not following football? Shove it up your ass.

Your orignal quote about excusing Davis was as follows:

"Davis never got on the field. Was that his fault? Or was playing behind a Pro Bowler part of the issue?"

To which I responded...

"Re: Davis - God you don't really follow football do? Do you realize how bad you must be to be deactivated for 5 games. That means he was not valuable enough to be one of the 3 TE dressed for each game. THat means Zorn said...hmmm I don't need him for any offense packages despite his professed desire to run 2 TE passing sets. But wait there's more Zorn and Danny Smith also decided that he couldn't even be a valuable enough special teams contributor"

What is so insulting about that? You claimed that somehow Cooley was the only reason why he was deactivated and had 1 catch all season. To which I provided evidence to the contrary and potentially illuminated that fact that you might not be as knowledgable about football as you may have thought.

No need to shoot the messenger. You had no rebuttal to the point I made, so I accept you acknowledgment that my comments about Davis were on point.

Nothing personal.

And I hope he is and I hope he produces, but why am I forced to like his created "persona?"

I don't care for it...especially when he hasn't done anything. If you think its great fine by me, but I don't have to like it and I am free to criticize it if I care to.

You sounded a little too agitated before, which is why I think people were arguing with you. To me, I'm indifferent. As long as it helps with his mental state, and isn't a disruption, he can act as conceited as he wants to.

Wait...I don't really understand how this is a bad picture. It's just Devin Thomas posing for a pic without his shirt on, with another eagles player, with a fake girl in the background.

Actually I think its Kerry Rhodes from the Jets. But anyway I agree.....he was asked to do a photoshoot with his shirt off, so he did.....dudes ripped...so I dont really blame him.

Its not like hes running around baywatch style like Mark Sanchez

It is just that you make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Its like talking to a retard.

Really, I am the only providing objective explainations as to why I find all three rookies performances disappointing.

You are the one making the "sarcastic" comments that now are apparently not true to explain their dreadful performances.

I'd hardly call my responses retarded. You have really rebutted anything I've said. You've kind of agreed with my explainations and then insulted me.

Its a little strange...its like pot meet kettle.

Archived