Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Devin Thomas....NFL Players Like to Bring Out the Freak In Ya

skinslove<3

I stand corrected. I remember now I think Kelly had the one catch. Regardless that pathetic for a 2nd rounder..

Steve Smith had 10 receptions for 154 yards and 8 fumbles his rookie season with the Panthers. I guess your logic of harping on rookies performances and acting like they can't improve holds tru since Steve Smith has never had a good season with the Panthers :doh:

Steve Smith had 10 receptions for 154 yards and 8 fumbles his rookie season with the Panthers. I guess your logic of harping on rookies performances and acting like they can't improve holds tru since Steve Smith has never had a good season with the Panthers :doh:

CAPS just doesn't like Devin Thomas, its that simple... maybe he's a michigan football fan

you are absolutely allowed to critisize Devin but only in relation to his perormance on the football field, becasue as a spectator that spends his time on sundays watching the game as opposed to playing, thats all you know. And you did this admirably, so kudos to you were for recognizing that devin thomas had less than satisfactory year.very hard to do. But then you start making accusations on Devin's character by calling him a punk or an ass clown. And what is this based on?? becasue he got a few offensive pi calls? becasue he took a couple pictures with his shirt off? wrong.. your in a position to call him out as a player, but not as a person. And thats why people are reacting strongly to your posts..

Look I don't need you to explain to me what people are reacting to. At first they all tell me I can't call him a punk (like you)...well guess what I can and I did - its a message board thread that posted his modeling shoot - Barbarella.

Then people in this thread start making excuses for his performance...to which the majority of my posts are merely explainations of why he sucked last season.

To which people recant and then claim "ok we know he sucked but don't call him names."

But guess what that what people do on boards.

At the beginning shortly after being drafted I didn't care for his quotes in the paper when he first joined the team.

Beleived during all of this posting I have tried to find the old quotes, but I can't find the old aritcles. (Beleive me I tried and I certianly wouldn't make up quotes I didn't care for just for the hell of it. I am a Redskin fan and I am not normally into hating rookie, before they even played a down)

However. I was even less impressed by his preparation going to the season and then performance on the field just sealed the deal.

For the last time, I AM ENTITLED TO NOT CARE FOR THE GUY. If I think he looks like a punk in a photoshoot with some stripper/dominatrix I can say he looks like a punk....people just move on.

Look I don't need you to explain to me what people are reacting to. At first they all tell me I can't call him a punk (like you)...well guess what I can and I did - its a message board thread that posted his modeling shoot - Barbarella.

Then people in this thread start making excuses for his performance...to which the majority of my posts are merely explainations of why he sucked last season.

To which people recant and then claim "ok we know he sucked but don't call him names."

But guess what that what people do on boards.

At the beginning shortly after being drafted I didn't care for his quotes in the paper when he first joined the team.

Beleived during all of this posting I have tried to find the old quotes, but I can't find the old aritcles. (Beleive me I tried and I certianly wouldn't make up quotes I didn't care for just for the hell of it. I am a Redskin fan and I am not normally into hating rookie, before they even played a down)

However. I was even less impressed by his preparation going to the season and then performance on the field just sealed the deal.

For the last time, I AM ENTITLED TO NOT CARE FOR THE GUY. If I think he looks like a punk in a photoshoot with some stripper/dominatrix I can say he looks like a punk....people just move on.

ok.. well i'm also entitled to call you an overweight, lonely 30 year old, that when hes not beating it to adult sites, is flaming players for participating in photoshoots in team message boards... baseless no doubt, but according to you- since this is a message board and this is america- i am entitled to say that... just my opinion

ok.. well i'm also entitled to call you an overweight, lonely 30 year old, that when hes not beating it to adult sites, is flaming players for participating in photoshoots in team message boards... baseless no doubt, but according to you- since this is a message board and this is america- i am entitled to say that... just my opinion

haah wow, that makes me sound angrier than i am... im really just playing devils advocate here... haha i dont hate you

I ****** because he's all bravado and no performance. He thinks he's god's gift and guess what he's barely 3/4 option at WR.
This is one of the silliest comments that I have ever seen here.:doh:

How the hell could you possibly know what that young man is thinking?:chair:

Hey...now you're getting it...but I think the board might have rules about insulting other posters....and in that case I guess in that case you post would be in violation of the rules and my post would still be ok, unless......

You're Devin Thomas..........If so I'm a big fan.

You had a hell of a year last year. Love the Ink and the photoshoot - was that for the Ford Agency?

This is one of the silliest comments that I have ever seen here.:doh:

How the hell could you possibly know what that young man is thinking?:chair:

I must be psychic...or I read or heard comments from him early in the 2008 season I didn't particularly care for.

Your pick...:chair::chair::chair:

Hey...now you're getting it...but I think the board might have rules about insulting other posters....and in that case I guess in that case you post would be in violation of the rules and my post would still be ok, unless......

You're Devin Thomas..........If so I'm a big fan.

You had a hell of a year last year. Love the Ink and the photoshoot - was that for the Ford Agency?

yeah, im pretty sure that is a violation haha.. ah well i'll probably be axed... like i said above, i really dont hate you, just arguing... rather passionately i admit

yeah, im pretty sure that is a violation haha.. ah well i'll probably be axed... like i said above, i really dont hate you, just arguing... rather passionately i admit

None taken. I didn't see your subsequent post.

Umm...not nitpick but Steve Smith has only had 7 fumbles in his whole career...and he's only lost two.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5521/career;_ylt=Ah8bTv8JPYUTo9QPWkZWb6T.uLYF

The guy also had 2 KO returns for tds. FYI Smith was also not slotted in his rookie year to essentially be a #2/3 - Z receiver for the team, but again details.

Another interesting pick Smith was also only a 3rd round pick.

But maybe most importantly, I also never said Devin Thomas would have a horrible career or a terrible 2nd season. I only said his rookie season was horrible and that IMHO he was a disappointment as a very high 2nd round pick who given able opportunity to excel.

:doh: You should read the post more carefully.

I must be psychic...or I read or heard comments from him early in the 2008 season I didn't particularly care for.

Your pick...:chair::chair::chair:

So, let me get this straight:hysterical:...because you read or heard (apparently you don't remember which) comments from Thomas early in the 2008 season that you didn't particularly care for, you know that "he thinks that he's God's gift"?

OMG in heaven.:doh:

Umm...not nitpick but Steve Smith has only had 7 fumbles in his whole career...and he's only lost two.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5521/career;_ylt=Ah8bTv8JPYUTo9QPWkZWb6T.uLYF

The guy also had 2 KO returns for tds. FYI Smith was also not slotted in his rookie year to essentially be a #2/3 - Z receiver for the team, but again details.

Another interesting pick Smith was also only a 3rd round pick.

But maybe most importantly, I also never said Devin Thomas would have a horrible career or a terrible 2nd season. I only said his rookie season was horrible and that IMHO he was a disappointment as a very high 2nd round pick who given able opportunity to excel.

:doh: You should read the post more carefully.

Odd, because NFL.com says otherwise: http://www.nfl.com/players/stevesmith/profile?id=SMI733120

Yeah, Smith wasn't ready to start his rookie year. Neither was Devin Thomas. However, the receivers who did produce their rookie years, like Desean Jackson and Eddie Royal, were forced into starting roles because of injuries to other players. And reports initially for Devin Thomas were he was very raw, only having a season at WR under his belt in college, and that his transition would take a while, but again details.

And I don't care what your first post said about Thomas being good in the future or not, you've completely derailed this thread and your actions clearly show you're tring to convey Devin Thomas as some talentless loser, who is also a punk, and you're basing it solely off of a rookie season and now a one photograph.

The reason I brought up Steve Smith was to show that one bad season and an attitude of confidence does not a poor receiver make.

But that sailed right over your head, just as others pointing out to you that referring to Thomas as an ass clown and a punk is disrepectful and shows a severe lack of class or integrity also sailed right over your head. But hey, it's not surprising, you'd have to be that dense to make the comments you've made.

Re: Redshirt Certainly wasn't directed at you...you have been the only person on here who has legitimately listened to the points I have been making.

With that said, Davis we can agree to disagree. The bottom line if he had made more of an impression in practice and actually understood the offense or the small sliver they devised for him and Cooley in the 2 TE sets he would have been in the game far more often. But the bottom line he didn't make the contributions that I expected out of a 2nd round pick.

As for Thomas, while long term is the goal, there is a serious need for a dramatic short improvement. Cerrato has made his bed with these receivers. The refused to go after Boldin ( a perfect compliment), Ochocinco, Housh, or Plax, because they "believe" this guy and Kelly will be legit #2 WRs. There is no Plan B at WR - they're it.

The key guys on this team offensively aren't going to be here forever. Samuels is breaking down, Portis and Moss are wearing down as well and in order for this team to leap frog three excellent NFC East team... a true #2 must emerge.

A #2 that coordinators actually worry about and a #2 that makes them pay when they choose to double santana. I have serious doubts that Kelly or Thomas can be that guy.

If they do, the picks would all be worth it. If not Cerrato's drafting will have wasted 2-3 prime years for core offensive vets like Portis, Samuels and Moss. And another rebuild will most certainly be underway.

Nothing outrageous about those points. BTW, your opinion on Devin Thomas is fine as long as you admit that you're basing it off of almost nothing. It sounds to me like it's mostly a bad first impression.

Archived