Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reality Check For The New Season

Gregpeck99

Invest in Verizon or AT&T  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Invest in Verizon or AT&T

My stated position speaks for itself. Nowhere in the OP does it "wish for Jason's demise" ... thats you'r twist to support your own agenda. I don't think Campbell is in the Skins' plans after 2009. He will not be extended IMO. Let's leave it at that.

I said your wording leads you to believe, I did not say you wished for it.

Maybe your right about Campbell not being in the Redskins plans, afterall they tried everything in the world to rid themselves of him in the off-season. But for the benefit of the Redskins I hope he does well, then they could trade him if they so desire. It would stink to see them hang on this far and then let him go for no gain.

Speaking of agenda's, I gotta go my manager has a meeting scheduled. spider roll anyone?

I would support an extension if the Skins give Jason one ... but I don't think they will. They have already written him off I believe, but could not unload him ... so they will allow nature to take its course.

And boy won't he stick it to them when he does well. Yikes, not well played in either case for the Skins FO.

I'm glad you have an open mind Blade. Enjoy your rapturous state of denial.

Oh, it's pretty open. I even agree with you on some points. But you're a loon, always have been. As for denial, I picked us to go 6-10 last year. So no, I'm not a homer.;)

So, obviously there are factors that influence a season that are hard to quantify ahead of time.

The leading "factor" this year is whether Campbell ... in a contract year ... can "lead" the Skins and make them winners. In my mind, this "factor" can be quantified in advance ... he simply won't be able to carry it off because he doesn't have the talent required of a top-notch "winning" NFL QB. The "excitement factor" for Skins fans this year is not whether thay will make the playoffs (they won't) ... its how the QB situation will be resolved. My 2 cents.

The "excitement factor" for Skins fans this year is not whether thay will make the playoffs (they won't) ... its how the QB situation will be resolved. My 2 cents.

Greg,

Every year there is a dark horse team, this year it is going to be OUR Redskins. With Campbell or without him leading the way, my 4 cents. 10-6 wildcard playoffs, see what happens after that. The Cards did it, so can the Redskins.

I wasn't going to address this but, I have to.

1) The Offense stunk in the second half last year due to key injuries to the line and the defense was unable to force turnovers to creat a short field for the Offense.

2) Landry and Haynesworth are not prima-donnas. Leadership comes in all shapes and styles.

3) NY has leveled off, Cowboys will continue to fall and Philly I'm not concerned because we swept them last year and they made it to the NFC Championship game. We were 3-3 in the division last year and this year we will either be the same or better (book it) as far as divisional record is concerned.

4) Middle of the pack team with a strink of good fortune could be this year's version of the Cardinals, yes. Bottom feeder, no. That term is reserved for Detroit and Oakland.

5) Older-style Uniforms cause losing? So how did the Giants, Colts and Steelers win the Superbowl? They have the older style, clean uniforms rather than the arena look that teams like Arizona, Minnesota, Atlanta and others have changed to. How about the Bengals? They have a modern style uniform and based on that I'll put them into the Superbowl this year with Detroit and their new uni's.

5) Older-style Uniforms cause losing?

Not literally ... but the Skins have been down for so long ... a change (in the uni) will help to shake a "losing" tradition. A new "more intimidating" look coupled with thier new personnel might help the Skins develop some chemistry and perhaps win a few more games ... its a subtle, yet effective and relatively inexpensive change IMO. The arguably "racist" helmet symbol is a further reason for making this change. Two birds with one stone. Skins can always use the current uni as "retro" on occassion.

As for your points (1) - (4), your opinion is as valid as mine.

Not literally ... but the Skins have been down for so long ... a change (in the uni) will help to shake a "losing" tradition. A new "more intimidating" look coupled with thier new personnel might help the Skins develop some chemistry and perhaps win a few more games ... its a subtle, yet effective and relatively inexpensive change IMO. The arguably "racist" helmet symbol is a further reason for making this change. Two birds with one stone. Skins can always use the current uni as "retro" on occassion.

As for your points (1) - (4), your opinion is as valid as mine.

There is nothing to argue about the logo being racist. They were just trying to make some money.

Not enough to make the playoffs and get Campbell extended. Skins are at a crossroad and will be dramatically different in 2010.

I don't think so, when it comes to personnel at least. I think going forward we'll see the same faces: Landry, Portis (at least for another year), Orakpo, Big Albert, Rocky (maybe), Dock, Hall, Rogers, Barnes, Horton, Golston, Monty, Heyer, DT, Kelly, Davis, Cooley, Rinehart, just to name a few.

Depending on how the team and JC does we could see a change in coaching, which IMO would be too soon. Otherwise I don't see much changing, which is a good thing. Plus we have all of our draft picks still so we can continue to get younger.

The Extremeskins Posters are in for a rough time this year. Here are 5 reasons why:

(1) Gregpeck99 lives in the past. Not only that, he chooses to only look at the negative aspects of the past, rather than take away any good points.

(2) He is delusional, making statements that he has no way of knowing since he is not on the team and cannot talk about chemistry or team cohesiveness.

(3) Please refer to point 1.

(4) He suffers from Every-Other-Team-Has-Depth-Except-The-Redskins-Nitis.

(5) He talks about the fashion-stylings of the team. Need I say more?

See I don't understand your point about the uniforms, isn't the name redskins the issue and not the helmet?

Great point Soup ... but it is the helmet logo that creates a perjorative association when used with the designation "redskins." Without the picture of a native american ... the designation per se becomes more inocuous.

];6572234']If we succeed this year' date=' I don't want to hear a single word from you.

You can gloat all you want if we fail, but don't you dare pretend to be happy about our success if we make the playoffs.[/quote']

If Colt (or Todd) takes the Skins to the playoffs ... I'll be a happy camper. Me not gloat ... just being realistic.

I am 1/8th Blackfoot and it doesn't bother me one bit for what it's worth.

I knew there was something about you I liked ... all I suggest is that they use a different helmet design ... my favorite was the "Bobby Mitchell" feather ... classic (but hard to visualize from the side ... therefor not suitable for T.V.). Your sig helmet design is my next favorite. WhyTF they got away from it is beyond me.

The Extremeskins Posters are in for a rough time this year. Here are 5 reasons why:

(1) Gregpeck99 lives in the past. Not only that, he chooses to only look at the negative aspects of the past, rather than take away any good points.

(2) He is delusional, making statements that he has no way of knowing since he is not on the team and cannot talk about chemistry or team cohesiveness.

(3) Please refer to point 1.

(4) He suffers from Every-Other-Team-Has-Depth-Except-The-Redskins-Nitis.

(5) He talks about the fashion-stylings of the team. Need I say more?

But Blue Collar ... what do YOU think?

I don't see much changing, which is a good thing.

The biggest change an NFL team can make is at QB.

I knew there was something about you I liked ... all I suggest is that they use a different helmet design ... my favorite was the "Bobby Mitchell" feather ... classic (but hard to visualize from the side ... therefor not suitable for T.V.). Your sig helmet design is my next favorite. WhyTF they got away from it is beyond me.

Obviously my fav is the one below but I also love the current one. I wondered if we were forced to change the name if it would be changed to the Washington Warriors and keep the helmet. I could live with that if we had to change from the Redskins.

As long as we don't wear white over white I am pretty happy.

Obviously my fav is the one below but I also love the current one. I wondered if we were forced to change the name if it would be changed to the Washington Warriors and keep the helmet. I could live with that if we had to change from the Redskins.

As long as we don't wear white over white I am pretty happy.

"Washington Warriors" sounds too much like a minor-league football team (a la Federals ... remember them?). I love the designation REDSKINS and would not surrender it. Just change the darn helmet design! Danny just is not being smart in the manner in which he has handled this PR/PC issue.

"Washington Warriors" sounds too much like a minor-league football team (a la Federals ... remember them?). I love the designation REDSKINS and would not surrender it. Just change the darn helmet design! Danny just is not being smart in the manner in which he has handled this PR/PC issue.

Saying only IF required to change. I think the current helmet is less hurtful then the name. The helmet is actually proud looking and I don't have any issue with it.

Saying only IF required to change. I think the current helmet is less hurtful then the name. The helmet is actually proud looking and I don't have any issue with it.

Changing the subject, I just saw this in Gil Brandt's write-up of 2010 QB prospects:

1. Tim Tebow

College: Florida

Height/Weight: 6-3, 245

Tebow will be a third-year starter in 2009. He has thrown 67 touchdown passes and only 11 interceptions in the past three years. He will have a new quarterback coach this year, Scott Loeffler, who came from the NFL. Tebow should be a top-10 pick in the 2010 draft.

If Colt fizzles ... this may be solution.

Changing the subject, I just saw this in Gil Brandt's write-up of 2010 QB prospects:

1. Tim Tebow

College: Florida

Height/Weight: 6-3, 245

Tebow will be a third-year starter in 2009. He has thrown 67 touchdown passes and only 11 interceptions in the past three years. He will have a new quarterback coach this year, Scott Loeffler, who came from the NFL. Tebow should be a top-10 pick in the 2010 draft.

If Colt fizzles ... this may be solution.

I am not a Tebow fan. He is a great leader and works well in college but I don't see him being a QB in the NFL. He might make it like Matt Jones has (without the probs) but don't see it behind center.

I am not a Tebow fan. He is a great leader and works well in college but I don't see him being a QB in the NFL. He might make it like Matt Jones has (without the probs) but don't see it behind center.

I wasn't either until I caught I got hooked by his "fire and intensity" ... traits sorely lacking in JC. If Tebow developes NFL skills this year (thats why I think he stayed in school) ... he may turn out to be a left-handed version of Big Ben ... not to shabby.

Archived