Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox sports.com: positional power rankings-WR/TE packages

Skins_Win_Again

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9787230/Positional-Power-Rankings:-WR/TE-packages

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

19.REDSKINS

28.gifWR: Santana Moss

Antwaan Randle El

Devin Thomas

Malcolm Kelly

Marko Mitchell

Marques Hagans

Roydell Williams

Jaison Williams

Trent Shelton

Keith Eloi

TE: Chris Cooley

Fred Davis

Todd Yoder

Eddie Williams

Robbie Agnone

The Redskins drafted in 2008 in hopes that by 2009 they gave their franchise QB some Grade A weapons. After last season's late fade, the whole offense is littered with questions, including at quarterback. It comes down to '08 draft darlings Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly, as one of them must become the next big thing in Washington. Perennial 1,000-yard star Santana Moss could use someone to take some of the heat away, as Antwaan Randle El is more the perfect No. 3 instead of a week in, week out starter. Plus, Moss isn't getting any younger. Blogmeister Chris Cooley is great as a chains mover, but the 'Skins lack a dominant red-zone threat and go-to guy to finish off drives, turning FGs into TDs.

19 may be seen as somewhat low, but in reality it's hard to argue the Skins receivers should be anywhere past 15 or so. It's basically Moss (who, as the article points out, is a consistent 900-1,000 yard guy, pretty good but not a dominant #1) and Cooley as the only legit threats.

Now the good thing is that if Thomas and/or Kelly step it up this year and start producing to their potential, the Skins could easily end up with at least a top 10 receiving unit.

#19?

a little low but understandable, but listing the Eagles #10 is hilarious,

plus both them and the pokes (#14) ahead of us is just silly

Eagles have a pretty decent corp for their system, probably one of the most talented groups they've had across the board in recent years (minus having T.O. around in his prime of course).

The Cowboys though being higher than the Skins, even if it's just a few spots, is silly. Roy Williams is pretty average, Witten is elite, and they're banking on Miles Austin and Sam Hurd to finally break out.

#19?

Bubba, I heard this same nonsense from homers last year when the rankings came out.

Eagles receivers better than ours? They have no idea what they are talking about.

Of course, the media was right.

We finished last. We have no passing game.

What else would you expect?

These lists are hardly ever objective so why even bother?

These writers look at the Skins lack of playoff wins and lump them in with other horrible teams even though some of our players are better. Kind of sad, but it's the way it works. If the Skins ever become a consistent playoff contender these lists will change.

I always think about how the redskins current group would do with a better QB. I think the redskins have huge potential. If the redskins had a Tom brady I'd bet my last dollar it would be one, if not the best group in the NFL.

I'm such a Homer

#19?

I don't think it's too out of place to put the Eagles ahead of us, I respectfully disagree but don't see it as outrageous. Ranking them #10, however, is a joke, especially if the 'skins are #19. The Cowboys ahead of us is plain laughable. I can't complain too much about the #19 ranking although I'm expecting us to really impress/surprise this year, but the Eagles THAT much higher, if at all, and the Cowboys being ranked higher is pretty incredible. :hysterical:

I always think about how the redskins current group would do with a better QB. I think the redskins have huge potential. If the redskins had a Tom brady I'd bet my last dollar it would be one, if not the best group in the NFL.

I'm such a Homer

Seeing as Tom Brady is completely ineffective without a good O-line (vs Giants in the Superbowl), I honestly doubt that.

What I'd like to see, instead of just how they see us (each team), is how good we COULD get. Like, if EVERYTHING goes right this year could we be a top 10 set in the league? top 5?

I think that if Kelly goes down for any time with his knee (even if its just a week or two), then it will limit our potential because he will be seen as more of an injury risk who can go down at any moment. If Thomas goes out and puts up a 750 yard season, then he would have easily emerged as a threat, but would that help or hurt Moss. Would we be throwing the ball less to Moss and more to Thomas, kinda like how Dallas started throwing less to Galloway and more to T.O.?

Plus, I don't see the big play guys here except for Moss and possibly Thomas (that TD run was beautiful). I think ARE has the ability, but we haven't seen that since he's been here. But he does have the option for trick plays, but I wonder how tricky they are if other teams expect them. Cooley's always a threat across the middle and he can pick up 20-40 yards on some good passes. Thats always a good thing, but how many will he break? He doesn't have a history of taking passes to the house, and I'm not expecting that to change.

It seems that outside of Moss and (possibly) Thomas, we've got a bunch of guys who can move the chains. This will set up a lot of 8-10 play drives that require near perfection. Compare that to Philly, and it seems that every guy they have has the potential to take it in for a TD on every play. Given, Westbrook and whatever that speedy rookie's name is are the main two that did it last year, but that seems to be what they build around.

So based on the style of WRs that we have, I can see us passing for more yards and being more of a threat (in the best case scenario), but unless we become just a team that throws a few deep balls every drive, I don't see the big play potential in this set that I see in Philly's set.

It comes down to '08 draft darlings Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly, as one of them must become the next big thing in Washington. quote]

Really, WRONG!!

while this will def. help this cause, it comes down to a better OL...PERIOD!!

who pays these clowns?

Eagles have a pretty decent corp for their system, probably one of the most talented groups they've had across the board in recent years (minus having T.O. around in his prime of course).

The Cowboys though being higher than the Skins, even if it's just a few spots, is silly. Roy Williams is pretty average, Witten is elite, and they're banking on Miles Austin and Sam Hurd to finally break out.

IDK, the Eagles will need to produce this year as well. But for them to rank the Cowboys anywhere above the Skins is just stu....pid. Fred Davis will have more production then Thomas and Kelly, and they will be better then Austin and Hurd this year.

Archived