Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Greatest Nicknames, No love again...

RFK Lives

from SI

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0907/nfl.nicknames/content.1.html?eref=sihp

I searched to see if this was already posted. Some of the nicknames on here and no mention of The Hogs or The Diesel?

Slingin' Sammy Baugh?

What other Redskins nicknames deserved to be on there? Those might be the only that deserve to be on the short list. Smurfs and Fun Bunch don't make the cut.

Crazy that there isn't 1 mention with the likes of KGB and Pacman (a college/childhood nickname IIRC) on the list.
Totally agree. I think those two and Ickey got to me and then no mention of any Redskins. Come on, Slingin' Sammy was one of the first big marketing moves. The New York Sack Exchange? A one year wonder over the Hogs?

I did see that piece on NFL Network, they did a much better job.

Crazy that there isn't 1 mention with the likes of KGB and Pacman (a college/childhood nickname IIRC) on the list.

Yeah, childhood nicknames shouldn't be on the list nor should some of those self given nicknames. He Hate Me? That was a bad byproduct from the XFL.

NY sack exchange? Lame in name and performance over more than one season.

Pac-man doesn't deserve the press.

KGB? Who?

HOW THE **** CAN THEY REMEMBER "Prime time Dionne" and "Moose Cowpuke fullback" BUT FORGET THE HOGS AND THE DIESEL?

On that basis alone, this list is a sad joke.

I really wonder why the redskins are so disrespected around the NFL. Last night on NFL Network they didn't put cooley as one of the top 5 TEs in the NFL even with all the stats he's had. If sean Taylor were alive I bet they would keep him out of when they ranked the safeties.

Archived