Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn needs more trust!

downbeat87

from us!

we were suppose to be like 5-11 last year. but of course once we start off to a 6-2 start everyone thinks we should be juggernauts even though we are switching schemes in a way that's like speaking arabic after learning english.

zorn needs more than 2 years and needs us, es, the true source meter source, to be open minded.

i know we all saw a huge improvement... in the first half albeit, of efficiency from our O. much more than ive seen since i was a wee lil boy.

its the offseason, so be a bit kinder than mid season thread making, but really!!! with the hot seat article, we gotta, as fans, not trap ourselves in the mistakes we criticized snyderatto for making in the early 2000's!

i think your being a little too nice here. look at what other first year coaches did last year. and let's not forget the fact that Zorn did inherit a playoff team.

at the beginning of last season, i agreed with you. but once we had the amazing first half of the season, we all saw what we could be. there were all sorts of breakdowns in the second half of the season. a lot can be blamed on injury. but in the end, it falls on the coach.

i forgive Zorn for last season, but hold him to a high standard this season. especially with the fact that his job is in jeopardy if he doesnt get it done.

Yeah I am behind Jimmy Zimmy all the way. He is just DIFFERENT and FRESH!!!! I have never seen another coach that was so nice and open. I see alot of promise in our future with a coach like that. Its Snyder that I'm worried about, I hope that he does not get rid of him cause Jimmy is that dude.

The Skins were not supposed to be 5-11 last year.

They were supposed to be what they were which was 8-8 it's how they got there that frustrated most fans.

I do like the suggestion that the coach needs more trust from the fans, though.

Where I'm from trust is earned, not handed out simply because of your association with something.

from us!

we were suppose to be like 5-11 last year. but of course once we start off to a 6-2 start everyone thinks we should be juggernauts even though we are switching schemes.................zorn needs more than 2 years and needs us, es, the true source meter source, to be open minded.

I'm not sure whose fault it is but it seems like many fans take after Synder's love for change and flashy get rich quick approach to football.

Its crazy to think that Zorn job might have been in trouble last year and that his job might hinge upon a playoff berth this season.:doh:

What Zorn needs is to stop throwing his players under the bus at every post-game press conference. Once he starts behaving like a professional I will start to trust him.

I didn't see this happen, maybe i just looked over it after a loss...who was he throwing under the bus?

He didn't really "call them out", like "Hey, Jansen, I'm tired of your ****!" or something, but when asked what the problem is he'd be frank. I'm not sure you can define that in as negative a way as some have, but I think he's learning that you simply can't be too honest because the media will jump at the opportunity to trash a player using quotes from the head coach and taking them out of context.

Whatever he said about a player or a specific unit was the truth, and he didn't say it with hate... he wanted to see their success, and thus, the team's. His tone says it all.

He called players out if they were making stupid mistakes, but never threw anyone under the bus, as far as I recall.

He collectively threw the whole offense under the bus for a while. And then after the Bengals game he finally pointed back at himself, but too little, too late.

From Yahoo Sports after the Bengals Game and Zorn said he felt like the worse coach in America.

This sudden burden he's placed on himself reeks of overcompensation for weeks of indirectly placing blame on Redskins players for the team's current 1-5 slide. After the last four or five games, Zorn has blamed the Redskins' offensive woes on "execution," a fancy of way of saying, "don't look at me, my schemes are awesome!"

Its crazy to think that Zorn job might have been in trouble last year and that his job might hinge upon a playoff berth this season.:doh:

Why is it crazy for his job to hinge upon a playoff birth? Look at the NFC. If we can't get one of those wild card spots with the talent on our team, then Zorn should be fired.

Baltimore, with absolutely zero offense, put together a playoff season based solely on defense. Our defense has the potential to do the same thing. I expect our defense to win us about one more game, and I expect our offense to improve enough to win us about one more game.

10-6 or bring on Cowher/Shanahan/Holmgren.

Trust or not, its do or die for him under Snyder. Him and JC are attached at the hip. I support both of them 100% as I feel they are both very capable and it does take time to develop chemistry between coaching and players, especially with a young QB. If they are successful, we don't have to wait in anticipation for the next HC or QB. But it is what it is. Both need to have a big year or we will be seeing two new faces in DC.

I think you have to look at the whole picture, and that goes beyond the record. What type of job is Zorn doing?

Is he good at clock management?

Did he distinguish himself at play calling?

Half time adjustments?

Good at building morale/motivation?

Does he walk his talk -- ala the stay medium stuff?

I personally have opinions on all of the above but am clearly not in the know. For those that are in the know and think lets say he is good or bad on those and other accounts -- then I think that should weigh on the decision.

I agree with the point of the poster that the record isn't the be all and end all. The main question then IMO does Jim Zorn coach up the team well? When they play do you have the confidence that Zorn would have the team better prepared than the opponent, etc.? With Gibbs 1, the story was the Skins might not win every season but they were always well coached.

Why is it crazy for his job to hinge upon a playoff birth? Look at the NFC. If we can't get one of those wild card spots with the talent on our team, then Zorn should be fired.

Baltimore, with absolutely zero offense, put together a playoff season based solely on defense. Our defense has the potential to do the same thing. I expect our defense to win us about one more game, and I expect our offense to improve enough to win us about one more game.

10-6 or bring on Cowher/Shanahan/Holmgren.

I'm not a Ravens fan, but I am a fan of accuracy. The Ravens had the 4th ranked rushing offense in the NFL last year. They also scored 20 rushing TD which was tied for 5th in the NFL. If we were nearly as productive in the rushing game as them we would have been an 11 win team.

While I'd like and expect us to be a playoff team this year, if we show progress and reach 10 wins but miss the playoffs I won't be on the fire Zorn bandwagon. If the wheels fall off and we're right back where we started then I am all for bringing in Floyd Reese and Shanahan and rebuilding the organization the right way.

If Zorn would have stayed attacking defenses and adjusted just a few plays, this team would have ended up better then 8-8, believe that. This team is so close to being a Superbowl champion, and the rest of the NFL and critics can't even see it coming!

All we needed was to average a few more points, but we were a brand new offense. If Zorn gets this thing together, this team could shock the NFL this season and I hope Jim Zorn gets that ring. But if Zorn ends up 8-8 again, would somebody please grab the gun!

Archived