Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Rock singers can hit the highest notes ?

Mickalino

Rob Halford

Steve Perry

King Diamond

Geddy Lee

all excellent choices. Also, Halford's replacement in Priest for a while, Ripper Owens can hit some stratospheric notes as well.

Myles Kennedy from Alterbridge can get up there.

Geoff Tate from Queensryche in his prime. (See "Queen of the Ryche" in 1985 for all the proof you need. First note he sings)

Studio version of "Queen of the Ryche." Shows just how good the guy was, because the studio and live versions are nearly identical in quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhrp_h_BkPs&feature=related

Ripper Owens with Iced Earth

I should have qualified my response as early Queensryche also. I saw them a few years back and he no longer even tries to hit that note or several others including any off of "Take hold of the flame".

Diana Ross? Linda Rondstadt's probably a pretty good bet since she went from rock to opera. Anyway, my money's on the ladies beating the men for the title here.

Too true...I used to have a major crush on Linda Rondstadt.

Another singer who can nail the high notes: Pat Benatar

I should have qualified my response as early Queensryche also. I saw them a few years back and he no longer even tries to hit that note or several others including any off of "The lady wore black".

Yeah, I think live they dropped the keys/octaves in all their songs so he can still sing them all. I saw them back in 2005 with Priest, and the guy can still rip.

Just can't hit him like he did in his 20's anymore. No big deal, men shouldn't be able to sing like that anyway. He was a freak of nature.

Also, how could I forget another in his prime.

David Coverdale

In the "Live: In the Still of the Night" DVD Whitesnake released a few years ago, David sounds phenomenal, but for some unknown reason they ended the show with "Still of the Night" in which he probably hits more high notes than in any other Whitesnake song. The guy really struggled to hit anything above the staff on that one...I wonder if they are still playing that one last.

No super high notes, just some kick ass songs

Michael Matijevic from Steelheart
Good call.

Outstanding Call

In recent years, Michael and Jeff Scott Soto did the vocals for the Movie "Rock Star" Here's the scene with Marky Mark playing the singer, but the guy actually singing is Mike.

This is the audition scene from the movie "Rock Star". To clarify, Mark Wahlberg IS singing during the tentative parts of the audition. The rest of the audition (ie. the good part), the vocals are supplied by Miljenko Matijevic of the band "Steelheart".

Speaking of Queensryche, all the talk and looking up videos had me wondering if/when they were coming around again.....

Aug. 1st with a few other bands including Dream Theater @ Merriweather Post. I may have to try and squeeze a ticket out of the o' lady for this one.

/hijack

Archived