Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Techno and Electronic Music

skinfan133

Well, im a dj for trance, and no, my name is not dj bubba., but i have to tell you that your totally wrong on cosmic gate split up.

Just this past year they've released a whole new album {Sign of The Times} and it was a club hit, and there remixes have been flat out killer.

From some of there new stuff id recommend.

F.A.V., Armin van Buuren- Rain (Cosmic Gate Remix), Inside of you (Cosmic Gate Remix.

Thanks man for the info! I love Cosmic Gate but haven't really heard much of their stuff recently. Didn't know if they were together or not

• 2 weeks later...
not that anyone cares, but this is my third song. I'm thinking of reworking the first two and making more songs for an album on itunes.

please let me know what yall think, no one has commented on any of my songs yet.

I like it, but prefer more bass. Reminds me of some of the Korean Techno I purchased while stationed there. Pretty good stuff though.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone go to the Tiesto show? It was amazing. Will be going to Armin on sat.

If the damn show wasn't on Sunday night I was there.

But you gotta have Tiesto on off nights because of the crowd he brings in. The pictures I saw, it looked awesome as usual

Doubt I'll make Armin

:( that I am missing such a sick fall line up at Glow

The furthest I go with techno is with a group called "Pendulum". I'm not into techno AT ALL, but for some reason I really like the group. Also I guess you can't really classify them as techno but more of drum and bass.

I would definitely check them out live if I could. Their live shows look sick.

Way more into Drum and Bass than Techno.

Once you hear drum and bass...then there really isn't any going back to techno.

DAB is in a league of its own.

check this one out (and wait till it kicks in, I mean really kicks in):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBqsy1Paqsg

bass is weak, sounds so much better with good bass. ^^

another good High Contrast song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b6a1Thr_qg

One of my favorites by Pendulum:

Way more into Drum and Bass than Techno.

QFT right there, My first experiences with electronic music I was big into trance and house music. Pendulum is really good drum'n'bass, I've also been listening to a lot of psychedelic/electro music. I'm not even sure what to label it as

Bassnectar

Pretty Lights (www.prettylightsmusic.com - Worth checking out, his CD's are free downloads)

Pendulum and Logistics (Drum'N'Bass)

Sound Tribe Sector 9(More of a jam band but still pretty tight)

DISCO BISCUITS

• 1 year later...

So I've been getting into this new hybrid genre called "Dubstyle"

It's a lot like hardstyle techno, but it incorporates a dubstep kick and a breakbeat style to it. It's a genre that just showed up about a year ago and it's still in its infancy and seems to have two camps; those who are crossing over from dubstep, and those crossing over from hardstyle.

Anyways, here's some examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeQeuxW2ZHc&

This is the song that started this hybrid genre, its by hardstyle artist Headhunterz NSFW due to swears and naughty words:

Nice! Sounds like what we called "industrial" when I was heavy into it. Personally, the only genre's I've ever been able to differentiate are Techno, trance and Bass. There's so many sub genre's out there now I don't even know how to tell them apart.

When I was in Biloxi back in the early part of 2000 Techno/Dance was everywhere, but it's almost impossible to find in clubs anymore down there, I was pretty disappointed. I went to see Dj Baby Anne about two months ago in a club about the size of someones garage. I thought she was awesome but showed zero personalility, but that was the about the only techno-ish music I heard my entire two years there. Where has it all gone? Where do people go now for their fix? Is it all underground again? I'm hoping being in DE close to DC, Balitmore and Philly that I'll be able to get out and hear some good music again.

Archived