Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bad Company or Doobie Brothers live concert (UPDATE)

Mickalino

Paul Rodgers is indeed joining them......

http://www.badcompany.com/

I would go. I have to think that Paul Rodgers can still sing if he has been touring with Queen.

I am sure it will be not like a performance of Paul McCartney I watched over the weekend. He couldn't hit the high notes anymore...it was borderline painful to listen to...it is sad when your "back-up" band outperforms you. :doh:

Saw the Doobies on HD Net Sunday night. They sounded great.

that's a 2005 concert at Wolftrap, great show! Tom Johnston can still sing and play guitar like a champ. He's in awesome shape for 60 something. The Nova crowd of Bboomers was lame. If that show was here in Clearwater, the crowd would dancing in the aisles and on the stage singing louder than the band. ;)

The Nova crowd of Bboomers was lame. If that show was here in Clearwater, the crowd would dancing in the aisles and on the stage singing louder than the band. ;)

dancin in the aisles is cool, but not singin louder than the band....when you go to a concert, would you rather hear the professional musicians singing, or a bunch of drunk hippies singin out of tune :)

dancin in the aisles is cool, but not singin louder than the band....when you go to a concert, would you rather hear the professional musicians singing, or a bunch of drunk hippies singin out of tune :)

:hysterical:

Shouldn't you be getting on the road soon?

:cool:

I bet you would if they played this.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4t6g2_the-doobie-brothers-jesus-is-just-a_music

I have heard that they are still good.

I say go have fun and report back!

:hysterical:

Shouldn't you be getting on the road soon?

:cool:

I got there, and was glad I did.

First of all - Paul Rodgers blew me away. At his age, I expected much less, but what I saw was

1) He literally sang better than he ever has, IMO. He literally has gotten better with age. Not many singers can say that.

2) He actually sounds better live than in the studio. Not many singers can say that.

He won't blow you away with incredible range (his range is still great, tho), but his vocal strength, technique, quality, tune, etc was INCREDIBLE. He is one of the best Rock lead singers ever, IMO.

The Doobies also were incredible. They even did Takin It To The Streets, when there was no Michael McDonald there to sing it, and it still sounded pretty damn good.

Still have the 2 drummers, which is cool, but my only disappointment was NO percussionist. You gotta have at least a Conga player for songs like Long Train Runnin.

Both bands were tight, and both bands vocals were strong. And both bands sounded VERY MUCH like they were in their prime.

And how can you describe the Doobies unique sound - Cajun, Funky, Bluesy, Bluegrassy, Southern, Soul Rock.

Tom Johnston of the Doobies sounds almost exactly like Mark Farner of Grand Funk, and on some of the songs, the music sounded like Grand Funk, too.

They're in Virginia Beach tonite, so go see them, Virginia People !

I got there, and was glad I did.

The Doobies also were incredible. They even did Takin It To The Streets, when there was no Michael McDonald there to sing it, and it still sounded pretty damn good.

Still have the 2 drummers, which is cool, but my only disappointment was NO percussionist. You gotta have at least a Conga player for songs like Long Train Runnin.

On the HD Net concert they had both drummers, the percussionist, AND a six-piece horn section.

Archived