Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2005-2006 QB Class: 3 Questions

The three questions:

1) Which QB from the first group do you think will have the best season in terms of both stats and wins?

2) Which QB from the second group do you think might end up as starter by week 8?

3) Do you think Anderson will win the starting QB job by opening day?

I can answer all 3 of these questions with one answer:

Not a stellar QB draft class. :cool:

I doubt that very much.

I'm sure there was going to be a point about JC somehow. You've been one of his loudest supporters here, and this topic has beaten to death. And now you want to talk about the relative merits of his QB class without making some point about him? I doubt that very much.

At this point, there is really nothing more to talk about with JC. He is not going to get extended. He will be gone after this year. And the only thing that is going to change those facts is his own personal performance. If he performs like a top 10 QB, he'll get his money and stay. If not, then he's gone. There isn't anything to discuss. He's had his excuses, he's had his time, and the FO has made it clear that he gets one final shot. How he performs will decide if he is here next year (or if he even finishes the season here).

There can be no argument or comparisons made about him that is going to change any of this. No more excuses or anything. It will come down purely to whether he can make an ENORMOUS leap forward.

Wow, man, shut up already about Campbell. This thread isn't about him, and you being super paranoid and over zealous is making you look silly. You hate Campbell. Got it. :stfu:

Wow, man, shut up already about Campbell. This thread isn't about him, and you being super paranoid and over zealous is making you look silly. You hate Campbell. Got it. :stfu:

but seriously though, this thread is definitely about campbell as much as some of you dont wanna admit it. campbell is the only thing keeping this thread in the stadium and not ATN.

its yet another thread that basically pegs campbell against all the other guys from his draft class or the classes surrounding his. that being said, there was no reason to launch into campbell bashing but at the same time, this is yet another jason campbell thread dressed up nicely lol.

but seriously though, this thread is definitely about campbell as much as some of you dont wanna admit it. campbell is the only thing keeping this thread in the stadium and not ATN.

its yet another thread that basically pegs campbell against all the other guys from his draft class or the classes surrounding his. that being said, there was no reason to launch into campbell bashing but at the same time, this is yet another jason campbell thread dressed up nicely lol.

I see your point, and it does involve Campbell, but it's mostly not about him. Two thirds of the questions were about quarterbacks that are NOT Jason Campbell.

Campbell was in the 2005 class, but if you look at the post that I quoted, you'll see that it goes straight to Campbell bashing as do the rest of SMG's posts regardless of the thread.

"No tailgating?! Lane changes?! Effing Campbell!"

Agreed. People are so stuck on Jay Cutler for some reason when it was Rodgers who had a statistically superior season and was failed on numerous occasions by his defense (moreso than Cutler, IMO).

Yeah it is funny. Cutler has no WR in Chicago, and plus this is his first year in the offense. Rodgers was on fire and had GB played a little D they would have went to the playoffs.

1.Rodgers, wouldn't be surprised if it is Campbell though.

2. Tavaris Jackson won't be starting. It will be Sage or Brett. So I will go with Alex Smith. Looks like he is doing the thang in minicamp in SF.

3. No way that Anderson beats out Quinn, baring injury of course.

I see your point, and it does involve Campbell, but it's mostly not about him. Two thirds of the questions were about quarterbacks that are NOT Jason Campbell.

Campbell was in the 2005 class, but if you look at the post that I quoted, you'll see that it goes straight to Campbell bashing as do the rest of SMG's posts regardless of the thread.

"No tailgating?! Lane changes?! Effing Campbell!"

if thats the case this thread should be in the ATN. and i do agree, i thought SMGs campbell bashing kinda came out of nowhere. this thread wasnt the usual "campbell is gonna do XYZ because XYZ" which is what usually prompts me to start my so called "hate" lol.

Yeah it is funny. Cutler has no WR in Chicago, and plus this is his first year in the offense. Rodgers was on fire and had GB played a little D they would have went to the playoffs.

1.Rodgers, wouldn't be surprised if it is Campbell though.

2. Tavaris Jackson won't be starting. It will be Sage or Brett. So I will go with Alex Smith. Looks like he is doing the thang in minicamp in SF.

3. No way that Anderson beats out Quinn, baring injury of course.

kyle orton had the same receivers that cutler does now and was able to put up enough scoring TDs to have them in the top half of the league. theyve got two good TEs, a runningback that showed he can catch out of the backfield, and devin hester, the fastest guy in the league. and thats not counting if a single kid they drafted this year shows up.

cutler will be fine, especially now that he has a defense.

if thats the case this thread should be in the ATN. and i do agree, i thought SMGs campbell bashing kinda came out of nowhere. this thread wasnt the usual "campbell is gonna do XYZ because XYZ" which is what usually prompts me to start my so called "hate" lol.

I can agree to all of that, but since Campbell was involved, it's still Redskins-related. Once Campbell is gone, which I personally hope doesn't happen because it'd be nice for it to work out, then it should be in ATN.

I think there's a good shot Cutler slumps quite a bit in his first year with Chicago, that being said...

1) I think both Aaron Rodgers and Jason Campbell step up, Kyle Orton may surprise some people with his stats but not get many W's.

2) If Favre doesn't go to Minny, then T.Jackson (and possibly even if he does). Otherwise, V.Young probably has the best shot.

3) I think Brady Quinn takes the first snap.

I can agree to all of that, but since Campbell was involved, it's still Redskins-related. Once Campbell is gone, which I personally hope doesn't happen because it'd be nice for it to work out, then it should be in ATN.

it would be amazing if campbell worked out. the team would actually be complete. we'd have a 20 something year old QB that we could rely on for a 8-10 years. no more of these threads or any other QB threads.

frankly, i dont know what we'd talk about! lol. itd be nice to see threads like "how come we can only beat teams by 20 points and not 30 points?"

1) Cutler, but Rodgers will have better stats

) None, -I would say Tavaris Jackson but Brett Favre is about to kill Jackson's career

3) No

why did you pick cutler and rodgers, and not campbell? im not trying to fight with you, i just know youre a big campbell supporter and im surprised you didnt pick him, especially in terms of the W column.

it would be amazing if campbell worked out. the team would actually be complete. we'd have a 20 something year old QB that we could rely on for a 8-10 years. no more of these threads or any other QB threads.

frankly, i dont know what we'd talk about! lol. itd be nice to see threads like "how come we can only beat teams by 20 points and not 30 points?"

Way to take the air out of my Bashers-want-Campbell-to-fail argument.

Jerk.

lol. im sure numerous posters think i root for this team to fail. like i sit in 33 degree rain in my jeans just rooting for the other team at fedex haha.

Bears game '06 where he got injured for the season was in 33-degree rain . . .

Coincidence? I don't think so.

i sat all through that game as well. i was actually referring to the giants game at fedex last year. i think i was the only person still in my seat in my entire section with 1:00 remaining.

That is pathetic. I don't leave until 00:00 at any game that I attend regardless of weather or score, winning or losing. It's just disrespectful.

I already said the main reason I put this thread here instead of the ATN forum was because I wanted more feedback and responses, and thought I could rationalize the fact that Campbell is on the list as a reason for doing so lol...sheesh, people. :cool:...

I already said the main reason I put this thread here instead of the ATN forum was because I wanted more feedback and responses, and thought I could rationalize the fact that Campbell is on the list as a reason for doing so lol...sheesh, people. :cool:...

im so enraged that this thread is here. truly i am. can you feel the heat radiating off of my user name? lol

Rodgers did far more with less last year than Cutler. He's a better QB in a better system. Cutler has noone to throw to outside of Devin Hester.

I could actually see Kerry Collins dropping off dramatically this year (when was the last time you remember him having 2 good years in a row?), leaving the door open for Young, though I'm not a VY fan.

I think Quinn will beat out Andersen, even if D.A.'s slightly better.

Archived