Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Playoffs: Best TV Character Of All Time (Group 3) CLOSED

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

How come Spock's picture is so small?

Because it just is lol :yes:

Actually, I tried to find pics that were small that also did a good job of conveying the overall character...not as easy as it sounds lol. I also tried to stay with pics hosted on places like photobucket so that we wouldn't end up with a red "x" for some of the choices...or even worse, some NSFW image replacing the pic that was supposed to be up there because a site wants to **** with you for hotlinking lol (someone else fell victim to that on this board, their original pic was replaced with one showing someone literally eating **** :puke: )

(Still wish there was some way to do a three-way vote for a particular character:

a) Great

B) Not Great

c) Never saw

Way things are now, B and C count the same. I'd be curious, for example, to know how many people didn't vote for Fonzie because they never saw him, versus didn't vote for him because they saw him, and thought he wasn't a good character.

(Still wish there was some way to do a three-way vote for a particular character:

a) Great

B) Not Great

c) Never saw

Way things are now, B and C count the same. I'd be curious, for example, to know how many people didn't vote for Fonzie because they never saw him, versus didn't vote for him because they saw him, and thought he wasn't a good character.

The results would still be the same, though...the only difference would be that we have a bit better understanding why the results were the way they were lol. If you think about it, even in something like the Academy Awards they don't break down the voting that way...if a movie wins Best Picture, we don't know if the voters didn't vote for the other films because they felt they weren't as good or if it was because they didn't even SEE the other films.

The results would still be the same, though...the only difference would be that we have a bit better understanding why the results were the way they were lol. If you think about it, even in something like the Academy Awards they don't break down the voting that way...if a movie wins Best Picture, we don't know if the voters didn't vote for the other films because they felt they weren't as good or if it was because they didn't even SEE the other films.

But the people selected to vote for the Academy awards are supposedly people who see a lot of movies, especially the supposedly good ones.

Although it could be an interesting philosophical question: Is it possible for a character to be great if nobody's seen his show?

But the people selected to vote for the Academy awards are supposedly people who see a lot of movies, especially the supposedly good ones.

Although it could be an interesting philosophical question: Is it possible for a character to be great if nobody's seen his show?

:yes:

I'm gonna hold my breath if Spock doesn't get some more votes. :)

(Glad to see Fonzie doing so well. When I voted for him my htought was that a lot of the young folks likely never saw him, because I don't think that show saw a lot of reruns.)

For the first point, I think it wouldn't be a stretch to say that the majority of people here on ES are supposedly people who have seen a lot of television in their lives lol...maybe too much :D...and the Academy Voters are just people who are in the "business" and meet certain qualifications. There are probably average citizens out there who have seen more movies than a fair number of Academy voters have.

For the second point, definitely a good question :yes:...I would say yes, a character can indeed be good even if nobody has seen it (well, SOMEONE would have had to see it if only the writer or director of the show lol)...

By far the most stacked group, in my opinion. Went with Homer, Spock, Cartman, Kramer, Kermit

Agreed, this is the best "bracket".

Frankly, I'm not voting on "who are the best 5?" I'm voting on "Do I think this individual is considered Great?" Even in this group, I didn't have to narrow my votes down to 5. (And in the other groups, I don't think I've voted for more than 2.)

Got to go with Kermit. The frog transcends genres and ages and eras. Sesame Street, Muppet Show, Commercial pitch man, Movie star. Actor, singer, comedian, host, dancer that frog could do it all. Plus, Henson was a local.

I also think Spock is one of those eternal characters to tv history.

george

homer

spock

kermit

louie

george jefferson had an interracial couple. he said honky...he was racist!! he was the archie bunker of black sitcoms. and he made me laugh outloud more times then not. he loved his wife and kid though thats for sure. and florence could rip ANYONE a new ******* if they messed with her..

homer..loveable no matter what

spock...nuff said.

kermit is THE OG of muppets and Henson went to the same HS as my father.

when louie depalma came out of that office the first time I thought my dad was going to die from laughter. talk about a jerk!! loved him though...

LoL...Actually, I think it was TV Guide that did a poll of tv critics maybe 10 years ago (??) asking them who was the best tv character of all time, and the #1 tv character they picked was Louie :thumbsup:...

TV Guide is super smart. :yes:

although I'd put Reverend Jim #1. lol

Archived