Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Singer/Band 50's v 00's

Burgold

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

It’s time to have a battle between the eras. Pick the four you think represent the best singer or band. First up, the 50’s vs. the 00s’.

Representing the 50’s

Elvis

B.B. King

Ray Charles

Buddy Holly and the Crickets

Johnny Cash

Representing the 00's

Eminem

OutKast

The Killers

Queens of the Stone Age

Cold Play

Ah, Elvis was a great singer. Wonderful instrument. Ray Charles was not a great singer, but a very great musician and innovator as was Buddy Holly. Cash is Cash. Can't really talk about the 00 guys because I'm too much of a fogey. I will say rappers are rappers because they can't sing :evilg:

Ah, Elvis was a great singer. Wonderful instrument. Ray Charles was not a great singer, but a very great musician and innovator as was Buddy Holly. Cash is Cash. Can't really talk about the 00 guys because I'm too much of a fogey. I will say rappers are rappers because they can't sing :evilg:

Singing talent can mean so many things. Ray Charles wasn't about to go sing opera or compete with Marvin Gaye or Aretha Franklin but he was still a great singer. To me, a great singer is a person who has the perfect voice for their type of music and gives a special bit of energy to everything they do and with that said I've heard everything Ray Charles ever recorded and I found 0 songs where he didn't put everything he had into it.

Sort of how James Hetfield does nothing short of yelling his lyrics for all 4 of Metallica's studio albums in the 80's and while he doesn't have a good voice in the classic sense, what he is doing goes with the music he is making like chocolate and peanut butter, and he always charged every single song with amazing energy.

Singing talent can mean so many things. Ray Charles wasn't about to go sing opera or compete with Marvin Gaye or Aretha Franklin but he was still a great singer. To me, a great singer is a person who has the perfect voice for their type of music and gives a special bit of energy to everything they do and with that said I've heard everything Ray Charles ever recorded .

I buy that. I love Louis Armstrong's singing, but the man had a voice like a frog with a sore throat. Still, there is some quality to it that is just great.

Like the 60s vs. 90s matchup, this one is too easy.

Elvis

BB King

Ray Charles

Johnny Cash

And other than Ray Charles, i'm not even a big fan of the 50s music represented here...but gotta give the era its due for pioneering the way for the acts to follow. The 00 reps don't deserve to be in the same discussion.

Better than Aguilera ? I think not.

And yes, I have heard probably most of his stuff, my grandmother was a fanatic. The guy could sing, but not better than her.

I love me some Christina, that's my girl. But until she does Rock, Pop, Blues, Country, and Gospel, she'll take that back seat.

Better than Aguilera ? I think not.

And yes, I have heard probably most of his stuff, my grandmother was a fanatic. The guy could sing, but not better than her.

This isn't American Idol. Everybody has their own interpretation of talent. Christina is all over the place. Sometimes it sounds like shes showing off. I'll take Elvis' feel for music any day. But it's still subjective when it comes to the talent that those two have.

I love me some Christina, that's my girl. But until she does Rock, Pop, Blues, Country, and Gospel, she'll take that back seat.

Umm...She pretty much has done all of those things. I might have to look for a Country song.

Why are we even debating this ? lol. She isn't even in the poll. That alone is a failure.

:cheers:

This isn't American Idol. Everybody has their own interpretation of talent. Christina is all over the place. Sometimes it sounds like shes showing off. I'll take Elvis' feel for music any day. But it's still subjective when it comes to the talent that those two have.

If we are talking overall talent it can't be even close. Hell, I can do the Elvis shuffle.

Elvis was the first Pop Country artist. See: Carrie Underwood

Christina can show off, she can flat out sing.

His feel for music ? He was a bluegrass/country type of singer. He went commercial and became a success. I wonder how many songs Elvis actually wrote...Hmm...yeah...

There's a part of me that thinks that we could field a team of unnominated guys that would make a very strong showing. I think we did get most of the biggest fish, but there are definately about 20-30 who weren't even nominated that you have to wonder about.

The fifties definately got short shrift though... whether it be Redding or Nat King Cole or a whole bunch of others who were just fanastic (Spinners, Platters, etc.) Still, I'm not completely unhappy with our top five.

Otis had one hit that we ALL know.

Most of us know..."Ice, Ice, baby" too.

He was deserving more than some others, but not the best.

kosher, sometimes you just say the dumbest **** and try to act like its knowledge. i mean, i think you are a cool dude but you should try not to attack people's posts without thinking it thru first.

otis has many "hits"

Ive been loving you..

these arms of mine

Mr Pitiful

sitting on the dock of a bay

Archived