Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WEx: Skins not interested in taking Vick

JimmiJo

This actually means nothing, we aint want Haynesworth an hour before we got him.

No, actually your post means nothing, because we DID want Haynesworth, what team wouldn't? The team didn't think they would be able to sign him because of the contract he wanted.

This is good to read, I was actually worried they may have wanted him. But, I still don't rule anything out, I've read the redskins were never interested in Jason Taylor, Haynesworth, Cutler, Sanchez, ....

I think that there are teams interested in him but because the Falcons still own his rights and want something for him, none of the interested teams will come forward. They will wait until the falcons finally release him and that is when we will see which teams will make a move for him. Hopefully, that will not be the skins.

So many responses in this thread make me sad. Vick paid his due's he can play wherever he is wanted I don't have a problem with that. I don't want him here though. Unlike a lot of other times when the Skins claimed they didn't actually want a player and got him, I believe them when they say they don't want him. So until anything actually happens, I'm not going to worry too much about him coming here.

I wouldn't be opposed to Vick being a Redskin this season, as a 5th WR. He would come cheap plus, like a previous poster stated, he would still be a defensive coordinators nightmare. He would make a great decoy, you can't leave him man to man with the other team's 3rd, 4th, or even 5th CB. Plus I believe he is so eager to prove himself he would be the best teammate ever.

We don't need Vick. He will not save any franchise when he steps on to the field. He has had a long layoff from football. His best chance is to go to a last place club. If I was his agent, I would look at the clubs with the worse quarterback situations where he could be hired as a backup quarterback.

We don't need Vick. He will not save any franchise when he steps on to the field. He has had a long layoff from football. His best chance is to go to a last place club. If I was his agent, I would look at the clubs with the worse quarterback situations where he could be hired as a backup quarterback.

lol people seem to think are QB situation is pretty bad considering we tried to trade Campbell twice in a month and we did finish last in our division, o well, I really can't say he won't save "a" franchise, anybody in a good situation will excel but it's true Vick hasn't been training or anything like that, he's going to need a year just to get back to "his" form. But i'm not convinced this is over, as long as Hall has a mouth I'm sure he's going to speak up for his friend, just like Portis did to get Sean Taylor and Santanna Moss.

I wouldn't be opposed to Vick being a Redskin this season, as a 5th WR. He would come cheap plus, like a previous poster stated, he would still be a defensive coordinators nightmare. He would make a great decoy, you can't leave him man to man with the other team's 3rd, 4th, or even 5th CB. Plus I believe he is so eager to prove himself he would be the best teammate ever.

That is a great idea. Lets take a guy who couldn't learn a playbook as a QB, who is sub six feet tall (and yes he is shorter than 6), has never played WR, and cut Eloi or Davis, Thomas, Kelley, Aldrige, that have an upside and bring in Vick who has a ton of downside... Yup, great idea.... I can't believe I wasted electrons and CO2 responding to this.. Vick is a horrible QB at the professional level. He is a moron who couldn't learn the playbook. He only has one play, scrable around so he can see over the line of scrimmage, then chuck to the ball.

After all of the berating of Snyderrato I hear (and sometimes do), let me take this moment to give them props for making the right decision on this one. So far, this off-season has played out relatively well. I'm still impressed that Snyderrato showed enough self-control to not sacrifice this season (and probably next) on Sanchez. And even though I wanted Cutler, giving up what the Bears did to get him would have been ASININE.

Bravo.

.... I can't believe I wasted electrons and CO2 responding to this..

But you did.

I didn't state he should be a QB. Vick isn't so stupid that he is unable to learn routes. If Vick was even fortunate enough to be signed by us, and has more talent than another guy at WR, then by all means cut the other guy. I am sure Vick can catch a football.

I don't believe he should even come back as a QB, besides why wouldn't he want to come back to the NFL in another capacity?

How about this, say he is at training camp, competeing for a spot at RB. What if Rock was cut and Vick replaced him??

dont understand the hate for vick. he ****ed up, he did his time. he gets a second chance. and i agree with dc money, vick did make plays and he did win. playmaker... sometehing the skins have lacked for a long time. either way it doesnt matter wether we get him or not, he is an athlete, and i thnk jail would have only made him a harder and more viscious football player woof woof

Why? Even if we forget what he did, he was still a ****ty QB.

So many responses in this thread make me sad. Vick paid his due's he can play wherever he is wanted I don't have a problem with that.

The NFL is not a right, it's a privilege. Going to Federal Prison should be more than enough to lose that privilege.

Goodell~ "hey kids, you can create an interstate gambling ring, based on the torture and ruthless destruction of animals, get busted for it, because the cops raid your house looking for the drugs being sold out of it. Go away to a fairly nice prison for a year and change and then come back and make millions of dollars again and be a globally recognized sport figure, if you have natural skills"

dont understand the hate for vick. he ****ed up, he did his time. he gets a second chance. and i agree with dc money, vick did make plays and he did win. playmaker... sometehing the skins have lacked for a long time. either way it doesnt matter wether we get him or not, he is an athlete, and i thnk jail would have only made him a harder and more viscious football player woof woof

I agree, I mean people talk so down on other QBs, as if our QB situation is so good.

That is a great idea. Lets take a guy who couldn't learn a playbook as a QB, who is sub six feet tall (and yes he is shorter than 6), has never played WR, and cut Eloi or Davis, Thomas, Kelley, Aldrige, that have an upside and bring in Vick who has a ton of downside... Yup, great idea.... I can't believe I wasted electrons and CO2 responding to this.. Vick is a horrible QB at the professional level. He is a moron who couldn't learn the playbook. He only has one play, scrable around so he can see over the line of scrimmage, then chuck to the ball.

Wow you guys are unbelievable, I mean, You talk so down on the guy. At least he led his team to the NFC champioship, with hardly no talent around him. Atlanta was pretty good contenders with him. Made the playoffs few times with him under center, has JC did that yet? NO! Lets not talk about other QBs until ours is under control!

Wow you guys are unbelievable, I mean, You talk so down on the guy. At least he led his team to the NFC champioship, with hardly no talent around him. Atlanta was pretty good contenders with him. Made the playoffs few times with him under center, has JC did that yet? NO! Lets not talk about other QBs until ours is under control!

AMEN Brother!!...Our QB's have done NOTHING!! Vick took his team to the Conference championship in his FIRST year starting. Vick is the reason the Panthers have a good defense because they drafted to stop him. He had NO Oline, NO receivers, and NO defense...He ran the same offense we run better than Jason probably ever will (not to say Jason will never get it done, but he wont ever be the player Vick is/was)...Why NOT invite him for a tryout?...are we scared he'd beat Jason out?...These bias dog lovers are really getting on my *6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.* nerves...LET IT GO!!...I for one would like to WIN for a change. Hail!!

I'm all for giving people second chances, but I am not interested in giving him that chance on this team. Vick paid his dues and he should be allowed to play if he wants to...just not for the Skins.

Why not for the Skins? Do we have a better option? and if so, wont that option beat Vick out in training camp and preseason? So why not bring in some competition?

AMEN Brother!!...Our QB's have done NOTHING!! Vick took his team to the Conference championship in his FIRST year starting. Vick is the reason the Panthers have a good defense because they drafted to stop him. He had NO Oline, NO receivers, and NO defense...He ran the same offense we run better than Jason probably ever will (not to say Jason will never get it done, but he wont ever be the player Vick is/was)...Why NOT invite him for a tryout?...are we scared he'd beat Jason out?...These bias dog lovers are really getting on my da*n nerves...LET IT GO!!...I for one would like to WIN for a change. Hail!!
Yeah. That's why the Falcons did so poorly with a rookie named Matt Ryan at the helm after Vick. 'Cause Vick was carrying the team. :doh: Oh wait.....

Archived