Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WEx: Skins not interested in taking Vick

JimmiJo

Why not for the Skins? Do we have a better option? and if so, wont that option beat Vick out in training camp and preseason? So why not bring in some competition?

Because some things are WAY bigger than mere athletic ability.

Anyone that doesn't see that when it comes to someone like Vick, doesn't need it explaining to them. Their standards of simple human decency are way lower than the norm, and they'll never get it.

Hail.

Anyone that doesn't see that when it comes to someone like Vick, doesn't need it explaining to them. Their standards of simple human decency are way lower than the norm, and they'll never get it.

Hail.

So Vick can't be a changed man?? Nearly two years in prison means he'll "never get it"? I guess because I endorse Vick being in camp, as a 5th WR, means my decency standards are low?

Seriously dont understand why alot of you don’t even want the Skins to touch Vick. I am from Atlanta and watching the 04 Falcons play was unforgettable. I think no matter what team Vick will play for, he isn’t going to be a "Packman". Considering D. Hall is on the skins and he would be able to stay in his home state, I think he would have an awesome environment to thrive in as either a special team’s player, a WR or a backup QB. Hey, maybe we could take on the A-11 offense haha.

I think he would have an awesome environment to thrive in as either a special team’s player, a WR or a backup QB. Hey, maybe we could take on the A-11 offense haha.

haha thats a good one. IMO we shud give Vick a chance. after all we lost James Thrash... Vick is gonna be back in the NFL and he is going to have a chip on his shoulder the size of the Georgia Dome. Lets take a chance on him with JT's roster spot.

haha thats a good one. IMO we shud give Vick a chance. after all we lost James Thrash... Vick is gonna be back in the NFL and he is going to have a chip on his shoulder the size of the Georgia Dome. Lets take a chance on him with JT's roster spot.

Thrash's release has nothing to do with opening up a spot for Vick. Thrash's release will open a door for a young WR such as Mitchell, Eloi, or Williams to make the team. Vick is nowhere near being in "playing shape" after not having played in 2 1/2 years. There's no way he is able to come out and be the same player he was back in '06. Let's not forget the fact the guy is incapable of being a solid passing QB with his best completion percentage being a porius 56.4%.

Yeah. That's why the Falcons did so poorly with a rookie named Matt Ryan at the helm after Vick. 'Cause Vick was carrying the team. :doh: Oh wait.....

Actually Matt Ryan is a pretty good QB...a RARE find as a rookie...and nevermind the fact that he actually has a coach and a OL that allows him to throw the ball as appose to having to run for his life for 4 quarters...the system is totally different down there now so your comparing apples to oranges...regardless, either appears to be a better option to what we have now...dont get me wrong because I like Jason, but we'll never know if there is a better option unless we bring 'em in an see...I dont see the harm in that...

Hail.

Sounds like you personal views to me...I'm glad you don't run our team...also, the insults are not necessary...who died and made you the moral judge of the earth...i equate killing dogs to the way you stomp roaches in your apartment...life is life...and if your going to quote my post at least answer it in reference to FOOTBALL...this is a FOOTBALL forum, not a "human decency" forum...

Actually Matt Ryan is a pretty good QB...a RARE find as a rookie...and nevermind the fact that he actually has a coach and a OL that allows him to throw the ball as appose to having to run for his life for 4 quarters...the system is totally different down there now so your comparing apples to oranges...regardless, either appears to be a better option to what we have now...dont get me wrong because I like Jason, but we'll never know if there is a better option unless we bring 'em in an see...I dont see the harm in that...
You do understand part of Vick's ability was in the fact he was a practically a running back that threw the ball occasionally, right? The Falcons had plays that were designed to pull defenders in early so he could run past them. Even when he had the time, throwing was never his forte.

You can't say he was forced to always run for his life when a major part of his playmaking ability was running around.

Sounds like you personal views to me...I'm glad you don't run our team...also, the insults are not necessary...who died and made you the moral judge of the earth...i equate killing dogs to the way you stomp roaches in your apartment...life is life...and if your going to quote my post at least answer it in reference to FOOTBALL...this is a FOOTBALL forum, not a "human decency" forum...
Killing dogs = killing roaches?

That's a pathetic argument. But I'm going to overlook it because I'm betting you really have no idea how stupid that statement really is and how much of a comment it is on your morality.

I was talking in general terms as happens, I just happened to pick your post to illustrate it.

As Vick is someone who barbarically tortured and killed defenseless animals, and the whole thread is regarding the 'Skins interest or not in him, I'd say the "human decency" and "football" themes are intertwined totally, as would most sickened by Vick's crimes. But then as you don't see the difference in killing dogs to 'roaches, which is even more astounding given the way Vick perpetuated the torture and death of those dogs, please, DO take it personally.

As I said in my first post, some people will just never get it.

But that said, it's your peragative to think how you think, so we'll leave it at that.

Hail.

There's no way he is able to come out and be the same player he was back in '06. Let's not forget the fact the guy is incapable of being a solid passing QB with his best completion percentage being a porius 56.4%.

yeah no *6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.* sherlock thats why we r talking about him trying to make the team as a RECEIVER. not sure what what his completion percentage as a quarterback on the Falcons in 2006 has to do anything. And as far as Thrash's roster spot goes, Eloi and Mitchell may have an open door but they have a lot to prove. Vick meanwhile has 6 NFL seasons under his belt and if u wanna talk stats lets talk stats that are relevant:

the most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single season

highest average per carry in a single season

8 100-yard career rushing games

rushing yards in a single game

3rd among quarterbacks for rushing yards in NFL history

I was talking in general terms as happens, I just happened to pick your post to illustrate it.

As Vick is someone who barbarically tortured and killed defenseless animals, and the whole thread is regarding the 'Skins interest or not in him, I'd say the "human decency" and "football" themes are intertwined totally, as would most sickened by Vick's crimes. But then as you don't see the difference in killing dogs to 'roaches, which is even more astounding given the way Vick perpetuated the torture and death of those dogs, please, DO take it personally.

As I said in my first post, some people will just never get it.

But that said, it's your peragative to think how you think, so we'll leave it at that.

Hail.

Applause, applause!

Anyone who's advocating for Vick to be a part of this team, in ANY capacity, is cheering for the wrong team. THIS is where you can call home.

Forget the animals. Forget the fact Vick and his brother both are *** bags.

Just consider for a moment the probability of taking a 28/29 year old who hasn't played football in 2 years and then trying to put him at a new position at the NFL level and expecting him to succeed.

The odds against this working are pretty severe.

And that's taking out the PR and other angles that come with taking on a guy with this much baggage.

My view is Vick wasn't a very good quarterback before he was arrested, and that was the position he had played at VT and in the NFL.

Vick may run a 4.3/4.4 but that doesn't mean he can run routes, anticipate/break on the ball and show the kinds of hands to be an NFL receiver.

Just consider for a moment the probability of taking a 28/29 year old who hasn't played football in 2 years and then trying to put him at a new position at the NFL level and expecting him to succeed.

And that's taking out the PR and other angles that come with taking on a guy with this much baggage.

My view is Vick wasn't a very good quarterback before he was arrested, and that was the position he had played at VT and in the NFL.

Vick may run a 4.3/4.4 but that doesn't mean he can run routes, anticipate/break on the ball and show the kinds of hands to be an NFL receiver.

That's stupid logic, bulldog. I expect better from you. If that's true, then that means that all the Usain Bolt ideas from last year were idiotic as well.

NewCliche21 - lmao at your dumb face...how can you say that advocating for Vick is like cheering for the wrong team and linking to the cowboys forum. I would love to see mike vick clock you in the face and then rape you like he did his dogs. you assume that vick would go to a WR/QB possition...all he has going for him is AFL or what I would suggest go to special teams (punt/kick off return), an asset for any team including the skins. Quoting form extremeHOGS:

"the most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single season

highest average per carry in a single season

8 100-yard career rushing games

rushing yards in a single game

3rd among quarterbacks for rushing yards in NFL history"

Suck a chode *****.

As I said the other day.Frank Giffird was out about the same amount of time and came back. I forgot he also changed positions and he was in no way the player Vick was. Don't forget this " no passing QB lead his team to the BCS championship game as a redshirt freshman. So I think you have selective memory. I think it's a shame that he wasted all that talent but I hope you understand that when he makes his first play that only he can make, Fans will forget his sins and that is also a shame.

Mike - awesome point, but seriously who cares about his "sins"...he spent 2 years of his life in jail during his PRIME, is bankrupt, lost all of his sponsors and over some LMAO non sentient beings, i think thats enough punishment. i just want to see Vick back on the field working his magic...hopefully as a skin

well, Usain Bolt was arrested for DUI and reckless driving in Jamaica. Guess he could be a candidate for Jerry Jones :)

Have you ever been to Jamaica? I have....They ALL drive under the influence, as well as DWH (Driving While High) :hysterical: :silly:

Mike - awesome point, but seriously who cares about his "sins"...he spent 2 years of his life in jail during his PRIME, is bankrupt, lost all of his sponsors and over some LMAO non sentient beings, i think thats enough punishment. i just want to see Vick back on the field working his magic...hopefully as a skin

I have no problem with anyone who can help the skins. The only thing JC brings to the table is his "class". That is part of his problem- no fire-but he is a class guy. What makes the great QBs is that fire in the belly. Frave, Bradley, Montana, Warner and Sonny. Heck that's all Kilmer had and it took us a long way.I just don't see that in JC. Not now, not at Aubern.

It gets old after a while hearing" If his line was better,If his recievers were better, If he could stay in the same system. If If If. Alot of the problems are his.

This one quickly went downhill. So. Instead of leaving it open and tempting the fates that it can bottom out while other members start or continue to be ugly,(with a capital UG),with each other,( and the breaking of rules in the process),it's best to close it now. Any further discussions on Mr. Vick can be done so in other existing threads about him,(found by using the search. Ahem). Hopefully those will stay civil. Have a nice evening,(or afternoon or early morning depending on time zone).

Okay. Nothing to see here but folks getting a ticket or in the back of the car. Move along.

Archived