Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP:Rookie Needs to Adapt As Quickly as He Runs

gutlead74

I would like for him to make it and be our #6 receiver (assuming we keep 6 this year) so he can learn and no one can snatch him off our p.s. I think he could contribute on special teams and make a few grabs when he has to play due to injuries to other receivers. Moss, El, Thomas, Kelly, Thrash(pending retirement), and Mitchell would be nice.

Mitchell would be a nice addition given his size, but I think it's a long shot that he makes the team over what they have. At best he makes the practice squad, but that's it.

Considering that it looks like Thrash may be done, there is an opening for a WR. That being said, he has some pretty heavy competition. Personally, I think he goes on the PS for a year.

I would like for him to make it and be our #6 receiver (assuming we keep 6 this year) so he can learn and no one can snatch him off our p.s. I think he could contribute on special teams and make a few grabs when he has to play due to injuries to other receivers. Moss, El, Thomas, Kelly, Thrash(pending retirement), and Mitchell would be nice.

You forgot Plaxico ;)

It didn't mention Eloi in the article when it mentioned a couple other receivers competing for the 5th spot. Have I missed something? I thought there were reports of Eloi looking good at the rookie mini-camp. And what about Tommy Breaux? Hopefully one of these young rookie receivers can step up during training camp and make the squad. We could always use some good, young special teamers, if nothing else (assuming Thrash must retire).

I could see him making the team as the #5 WR. It sounds like Thrash could retire or not be ready in time possibly if he has neck surgery. It wouldn't hurt to maybe have 6 WRs anyway because one WR usually goes down for a game or two a year it seems like.

It didn't mention Eloi in the article when it mentioned a couple other receivers competing for the 5th spot. Have I missed something? I thought there were reports of Eloi looking good at the rookie mini-camp. And what about Tommy Breaux? Hopefully one of these young rookie receivers can step up during training camp and make the squad. We could always use some good, young special teamers, if nothing else (assuming Thrash must retire).

Breaux was here for a try out, he was never offered a contract. Eloi is on the roster. I think the reason he mentioned the guys he did in the article(Roydell and Trent Shelton), is because they aren't rookies.

Jaison Williams is another tall dude he'll be competeing with. I think Mitchell makes the roster. And if Thrash retires and we keep 6, Eloi will be the other. If he doesn't make it I think it will have to do with his inability to get off the line. He needs to get a lot stronger to deal with NFL DBs

We have our speed guy!!!!

Somebody posted a thread with that title many years ago after we signed some bum free agent from Canada that could run a fast 40. He was cut in the preseason I think. It's been an inside joke for my friend and I since then.

i want to see the redskins have a legitimate receiving corps, the rooks need to step up. our receivers are good, but we lack a tall go to receiver with straight skills.

either way, we need new OL before we eye the playoffs

Thrash done? I will see it when i believe it. IMHO, dont ever write off thrash, through simple hard work and keeping his nose clean, he has carved a niche for himself in the league. dont think some young buck is going to come in and outwork him, thats for certain. As much as he needs to be pushed out so we can have a gamebreaker at WR besides Moss, i am not optimistic.

Archived