Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank you Obama for ****ING cigar smokers and retailers

rdsknbill

I was out yesterday getting donations from my buddy that owns a beer distributor and the largest walk in humidor in the area. Basically nice cigar boxes and any promotional crap that the beer companies drop on him. (boom boxes, coolers, boogie boards)

We talk for a while and go back to his "Cigar room" to enjoy a nice cigar. He tells me that everyone's FAVORITE friggin president has added anywhere from a dollar to 2 dollars tax PER STICK to his cigars. Want the Links?

Now Mike and I have been friends for a long time, and I know what kind of money he put into this humidor. Spanish Cedar walls, Honduran Rosewood floors, not to mention the state of the art Humidor equipment. His business is taking a serious hit

I feel he, and the other small business people, not just in tobacco and alcohol sales, are getting the royal ass reaming by this president.

Hell, I ****ed about the taxes that I paid before I sold my business in 2006. This guy makes Bush look like a choir boy.

Enjoy your next cigarette (that the taxpayers pay for) you ****ing hypocrite!:mad:

:2cents:

rdsknbill: define small business.

Also, I'm pretty sure Obama pays taxes on his cigs just like everyone else.

But I do agree with you. Taxing cigarettes is a cop out. Any tax increases that are necessary to pay for the Bush-incurred national debt ought to be directed at the upper class.

But I do agree with you. Taxing cigarettes is a cop out. Any tax increases that are necessary to pay for the Bush-incurred national debt ought to be directed at the upper class.

Please define "upper class" for me.

Oh and there were no "Clinton-incurred" programs in place when Bush came in that had anything to do with this debt?

Please define "upper class" for me.

Oh and there were no "Clinton-incurred" programs in place when Bush came in that had anything to do with this debt?

Nope. Clinton Balanced the budget. If Bush would have just stuck with the budgets Clinton left him, we would be in great shape right now. But instead the conservatives doubled our national debt.

Upper class is the top quintile of income.

Now, define small business, if you can.

Nope. Clinton Balanced the budget. If Bush would have just stuck with the budgets Clinton left him, we would be in great shape right now. But instead the conservatives doubled our national debt.

Upper class is the top quintile of income.

Now, define small business, if you can.

Man dude, top quintile is huuuge. Top 20 percent? Upper class?

Small business, honestly, anything up to 1 million in revenue.

The sweet spot is 250k-1 million in revenue. Those companies create the jobs in America

what a joke of a political spin...

The problem is there is no way in hell taxes on the upper class is going to pay for the biggest government spending plan in US history along with the creation of the largest entitlement program and expansion of the federal government in US history (healthcare).

Why do you think the news is reporting on all these new forms of taxes? Now, we are hearing of a new VAT proposal by the government.

No tax increases on the lower and middle class! Remember?

For the record, MJ's plan would raise the taxes on all HOUSEHOLDS making 90k or more. That is the top quintile (basically the taxes of a family with a teacher and firefighter as the providers)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_income_in_the_United_States

That's correct. Otherwise we're just passing those costs onto people who can't afford them, like rdskinbill's buddy. Although somehow his customers can afford luxuries like cigars and cigs, nobody ever accused poor folks of being financially intelligent. edit: not saying they are all poor but if they are, they shouldn't be buying that stuff in the first place.

And small business is defined by the North American Industrial Classification codes.

http://www.sba.gov/idc/groups/public/documents/sba_homepage/serv_sstd_tablepdf.pdf

Many "small businesses" do more than $115 million in total revenue and have over 600 employees. Those are the types of small businesses Republicans help. This is also why we are coming out with a new designation: very small business.

True Mom and pop stores do much better under Democrats.

That's correct. Otherwise we're just passing those costs onto people who can't afford them, like rdskinbill's buddy. Although somehow his customers can afford luxuries like cigars and cigs, nobody ever accused poor folks of being financially intelligent. edit: not saying they are all poor but if they are, they shouldn't be buying that stuff in the first place.

And small business is defined by the North American Industrial Classification codes.

http://www.sba.gov/idc/groups/public/documents/sba_homepage/serv_sstd_tablepdf.pdf

Many "small businesses" do more than $115 million in total revenue and have over 600 employees. Those are the types of small businesses Republicans help. This is also why we are coming out with a new designation: very small business.

True Mom and pop stores do much better under Democrats.

Ahh , here comes the "Joe the plumber" argument?

Obama's plan is to further tax anyone that has made something of themselves and let the people that have sat on their ass suck at the TEET of the government. YEP Good plan.

And yea, I voted for the guy.

Oh, and I noticed you didn't answer my question.

Well so much for no taxes on those making under 250k

Wait. I thought conservatives preferred consumption taxes and sin taxes over income and corporate taxes, because people had the freedom to choose whether or not to incur them. Was I mistaken in that? :whoknows:

Raises hand and still does agree with the notion

We'll just use the new found money to build more super embassies :)

Luxuries like Cigars? I have hung out with Mike at his place and have enjoyed a cigar with Penn Dot workers that sling pavement all day. They come there to enjoy a GOOD cigar. If you don't like them, too friggin bad. But do me a favor, don't generalize people that enjoy a good cigar as fat cats that light them with hundred dollar bills

Archived