Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

madden ratings released

portis&taylor

I am upset about this. I understand DT and FS rating drop but how does DH go down to 68? QB JC is terrible on 09 and will probably drop too. Guess this year the Redskins will feature a Joe Gibbs ball control offense. Get comfortable if you are playing me online this fall cause i'm gonna run the clock.

Actually I wanna say JC starts out at 87 in 09'? Either way Im expecting a drop this time around. That D Hall and D Thomas rating is gonna hurt playing with the Skins this year:doh: hopefully the AH factor plays well.

C Johnson got robbed!!

I love the new rankings. Makes way more sense. Superstars are superstar, average players are average.

There needs to be a clear separation from the best and the rest, otherwise everyone is an 85 or 88 and it is lame.

How the hell is D.Hall only a 68? I mean he's clearly better than Smoot who's only a 76.

Here's a list of the players (Redskins have 3 out of the top 5) with the biggest drop in ratings from 09

DeAngelo Hall -- Washington CB

Madden NFL 09 Overall Rating: 93

Madden NFL 10 Overall Rating: 68

Difference: -25

Devin Thomas--Washington WR

Madden NFL 09 Overall Rating: 81

Madden NFL 10 Overall Rating: 63

Difference: -18

Fred Smoot -- Washington CB

Madden NFL 09 Overall Rating: 87

Madden NFL 10 Overall Rating: 76

Difference: -11

He was major fail in Oakland, duh. Eddie Royal torched him...

How the hell is D.Hall only a 68? I mean he's clearly better than Smoot who's only a 76.

Here's a list of the players (Redskins have 3 out of the top 5) with the biggest drop in ratings from 09

DeAngelo Hall -- Washington CB

Madden NFL 09 Overall Rating: 93

Madden NFL 10 Overall Rating: 68

Difference: -25

Devin Thomas--Washington WR

Madden NFL 09 Overall Rating: 81

Madden NFL 10 Overall Rating: 63

Difference: -18

Fred Smoot -- Washington CB

Madden NFL 09 Overall Rating: 87

Madden NFL 10 Overall Rating: 76

Difference: -11

As someone else mentioned, they've supposedly entirely reworked their ratings system, so there's really not much of a point in us talking about players' ratings jumping or sliding until we've actually played the game and figure out what it all means now.

Also, someone complained about Brandon Jacobs being a top-10 RB and someone else about Michael Turner being above LT and Westbrook. Brandon Jacobs is not a burner, and it would be tough for him to be the only feature back on a team, but he MAKES that Giants O. Talk all you want about Eli stepping up in the past couple years, but Jacobs is an absolute truck and can establish a physical running game whenever he's called on like no other RB in the league. And Michael Turner, with the way he ran last season, it would be unfair for him NOT to be at least a top-5 RB. His production might drop off some this season, but until then I think he's right where he should be.

I agree with everyone about Calvin Johnson needing to be higher though.

Guys they FIXED D. Hall's rating.

When it first released on Operationsports MONTHS ago - I had a huge rant - he is up to 77 I believe it is.

The reason why some people are so low is what everyone stated - they stretched out the ratings. They want the elite to be like the elite. Go through Madden 2009 and see how many +90 guys there are - its stupid

I love the new rating system

And Michael Turner, with the way he ran last season, it would be unfair for him NOT to be at least a top-5 RB. His production might drop off some this season, but until then I think he's right where he should be.

I agree with everyone about Calvin Johnson needing to be higher though.

See, the falcons had an incredibly easy schedule against run defenses. They faced the bottom 4 and 6 of the bottom 7. Their average opponent's run defense gave up 125 ypg, if that was an actual defense it would have been ranked 25th in the nfl. He faced 3 top 10 run d's and didn't get over 70 yards against any of them, averaging 3.2 ypc, .23 ypc less than what those teams gave up on average.

Meanwhile, our average opponent's run d gave up 112 ypg and would have been the 17th ranked run d in the league. Portis, however, played 6 games against top 10 run d's and had 70 yards or more in half those games, and averaged 3.7 ypc, or .05 ypc more than those teams averaged. I expect Turner and Deangelo Williams to both put up much worse numbers, assuming they face teams with actual run defenses.

I'm still debating whether to buy the game or not. I usually do because I like playing as the Redskins when I get bored, but at the same time there is always flaws to it that there shouldn't be in an NFL game.

you clearly need to catch up on Madden 2010. I am usually very harsh on Madden games - because I play online quite a bit and nothing worse than losing to glitchers (cheesers)

But Madden 2010 - is going to be nasty

My online experiences with madden a couple years ago include having someone play as mike vick, scrambled around for 20 seconds per snap, and then launched accurate passes 30 yards down field. And regardless of who I blitzed no one was fast enough to chase him down.

hit me up kiingspade

i am a legit player

My online experiences with madden a couple years ago include having someone play as mike vick, scrambled around for 20 seconds per snap, and then launched accurate passes 30 yards down field. And regardless of who I blitzed no one was fast enough to chase him down.

Just a few of the reasons why I hate playing against the Cowboys. Not only does the media want to S their D, madden developers think that Tony, and while we're on this topic... Jay Cutler as well, are the fastest QB's ever.

i have been playing madden for years and i like the new point system. Its bs when half the league is 88 rating or higher. What i don't understand is how Clinton went from 91 trucking in 09 to 87 or whatever it is. He is trucks more people than half the people on that list. He should also get better pass blocking rating, they are around a 65.

Our O-line average rating last year was 87. In 2010 its gonna be sooo much lower. It might suck playing witht he skins but I cant play with any other team.

Devin Thomas ran a 4.35 at the combine and his speed rating is lower than randel el. Santana is also underrated in the game. He is only a 88 rating in 2009 when he is def a top 15 wr in the nfl.

Archived