Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

madden ratings released

portis&taylor

These ratings are all messed up. Phillip Rivers only 81 throwpower? Chris Cooley only 79 speed? Jason Witten 75 speed? They bring Kurt Warner down, and bring Brees throwpower down after the biggest year of his career?

No, the ratings are finally accurate. They stretched out the ranges so that more of the 100 point scale is used. Personally, this sounds like an improvement.

These ratings are all messed up. Phillip Rivers only 81 throwpower? Chris Cooley only 79 speed? Jason Witten 75 speed? They bring Kurt Warner down, and bring Brees throwpower down after the biggest year of his career?

That's because, according to the Madden development team, they changed the ratings system so that the entire range of numbers are truly accounted for. You could read about it here:

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/02/09/madden-nfl-10-player-ratings-a-new-philosophy-a-new-era.aspx

These ratings are more about recognition than anything. For example, most people would say that Peyton Manning has an average NFL arm, but his throw power is in the mid 90's. The simple fact of the matter is that there are probably 20 QB's in this leauge who throw harder than Peyton Manning, they just are lacking something else.

Some other highlights:

Romo sits to pee tied for 8th best QB in the game.

Brian westbrook tied for 3rd best RB (with Diangelo Williams and LT)

Brandon Jacobs the 9th best RB

Calvin Johnson all the way down at #9 when he should be higher.

Kellen winslow #6 TE.

I still buy madden religiously

I am SUPER PUMPED FOR THIS GAME...I love Madden and Every year I get pumped for it...this one looks like they are adding some nice small touches to give it great realism... I am glad they tweaked the ratings system this should work!

These ratings are more about recognition than anything. For example, most people would say that Peyton Manning has an average NFL arm, but his throw power is in the mid 90's. The simple fact of the matter is that there are probably 20 QB's in this leauge who throw harder than Peyton Manning, they just are lacking something else.

Peyton Manning has a strong arm. It might not be ELITE but it is by no stretch of the imagination "average".

How the hell is D.Hall only a 68? I mean he's clearly better than Smoot who's only a 76.

Here's a list of the players (Redskins have 3 out of the top 5) with the biggest drop in ratings from 09

DeAngelo Hall -- Washington CB

Madden NFL 09 Overall Rating: 93

Madden NFL 10 Overall Rating: 68

Difference: -25

Devin Thomas--Washington WR

Madden NFL 09 Overall Rating: 81

Madden NFL 10 Overall Rating: 63

Difference: -18

Fred Smoot -- Washington CB

Madden NFL 09 Overall Rating: 87

Madden NFL 10 Overall Rating: 76

Difference: -11

I am upset about this. I understand DT and FS rating drop but how does DH go down to 68? QB JC is terrible on 09 and will probably drop too. Guess this year the Redskins will feature a Joe Gibbs ball control offense. Get comfortable if you are playing me online this fall cause i'm gonna run the clock.

I am upset about this. I understand DT and FS rating drop but how does DH go down to 68? QB JC is terrible on 09 and will probably drop too. Guess this year the Redskins will feature a Joe Gibbs ball control offense. Get comfortable if you are playing me online this fall cause i'm gonna run the clock.

If they are looking at the entire body of work for last season, Hall was pretty bad in Oaktown.

Calvin Johnson might be the most underrated player of that list. He's top 5 receiver, no doubt. 75+ catches 1300+ yards and 12 TDs with WHO at QB? Just imagine if he did have a QB. Wow.

That is the truth. He and the PT cruiser nearly won me my fantasy league (****** Deangelo Williams screwed me in the final game). He had a TD in virtually every game and had a 96 yarder which blew one week wide open for me. I started him and moss and him and bryant virtually every week and had the best tandemn in my league. Too bad I couldnt get any running back play until I picked up the PT Cruiser when bush and duece crapped out, even then it wasnt enough to get me the W in the Championship. I will be drafting Calvin pretty high again this year. He was good for RB like Fantasy numbers almost every week.

How the hell is D.Hall only a 68? I mean he's clearly better than Smoot who's only a 76.

Here's a list of the players (Redskins have 3 out of the top 5) with the biggest drop in ratings from 09