Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: Tony Romo speaks

tr1

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/05/tony-Romo sits to pee-speaks.html

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee addressed the media following Tuesday's OTA, touching on a number of subjects.

Here are his thoughts:

On Terrell Owens' release: "That's not up to any of us players to decide. That's why we're players. The organization and management decides those things. We're all at risk every offseason, depending upon everything. You always want to go out there and try to have all the guys you play with every year. That just doesn't happen. We have to go with the guys we have here now, go forward and keep improving."

On replacing Owens' production: "It's going to figure itself out. Either you're going to be able to or not. He's a great player and it's always difficult to replace someone who's had the success and been the dominant player he's been over the years. But guys have to step up and pick up the slack. Guys are working hard, I know that. Whether they're going to do it, we're going to find out this year. But I definitely have confidence in the young guys to step up and perform."

On Roy Williams: "He's worked real hard this off-season. We came in, in February. We got in three with Joe Juraszek and he's really made an emphasis to try to come in in great shape, to get stronger and it's exciting to see him. He had a great first day today. I think you guys saw some of the routes he ran and they were pretty good. I'm excited to see him keep progressing and see where this can go."

On if he feels more pressure with Owens gone: "It's always hard to replace a guy who is as good a player as he is. That's happened a few times where we lose a guy that is a good player for whatever reason. There are a whole bunch of reasons why to (can't make out what he says) not coming back the next season, and I think that it's just another season, there is always pressure, there is no more or less than any year than another year - it's always, 'You've got to win the Super Bowl this year, you got a new season.' Our approach is a little different in that we are going to be better today. All we can do is control today. That's what the Dallas Cowboys are going forward now on. We aren't going to sit here and talk about what's tomorrow and those things. All we can control is right now, and that's what this team is doing."

The last answer was a good one and has matched a theme the players have talked about this off-season. The Cowboys have been called the favorites the last few years only to fall short. So far, the players have said the right things about getting better "today" and not worrying about what is ahead.

Tim has already posted some of his OTA observations. I'll come up with some of my own in a little bit.

Notice that Williams wasn't running routes correctly last year...and Romo sits to pee made sure everyone knows that.

Imagine, your #1 not running routes correctly.

Puke fans, please assume the brace position:

Passengers should place their feet and knees together with their feet firmly on the floor (either flat or on the balls of their feet) and tucked behind the knees to prevent shins and legs being broken against the base of the seat in front. They should bend as far forward as possible, resting their head against the seat in front if it is within reach and place their hands on the back of their head, with the hands one on top of another (rather than interlocked). Their elbows should then be brought in. This prevents both flailing of the arms in the crash sequence and protects the head from flying debris. The head should be as far below the top of the seats as possible to prevent injury from any collapsing overhead compartments.

The brace procedure for the forward facing seat in the United States is similar to that of the UK, but rather than placing the hands on the back of the head, passengers are advised to place them on the top of the seat in front, one hand holding the other wrist and resting the head in the space between the arms. If the seat in front is not within reach then passengers are advised to either grab their ankles or place their hands under their legs and grab the opposite forearm.

I think you guys saw some of the routes he ran and they were pretty good. I'm excited to see him keep progressing and see where this can go."

He sure sounds ready to me, Great trade Jeryy, of course I am a Redskins fan. :evilg::D:evilg:

Roy Williams was pretty good in Detriot. I have a hard time believing that it was because of talented teammates considering that he had none. I also don't think that talent just goes ahead and disappears overnight or something. He'll probably have a solid season for Dallas, but not as good as TO did for them the past few years.

Roy Williams was pretty good in Detriot. I have a hard time believing that it was because of talented teammates considering that he had none. I also don't think that talent just goes ahead and disappears overnight or something. He'll probably have a solid season for Dallas, but not as good as TO did for them the past few years.

Roy was an often injured guy in Detroit. Thats one of the reasons he was dangled as trade bait for a while.

Archived