• New York Giants vs New York Jets
    • Detroit Lions vs the World
    • Pittsburgh Steelers vs Cleveland Browns
    • Everyone vs Dallas Cowboys fans
    • Miami Dolphins vs New York Jets
    • Minnesota Vikings vs Green Bay Packers
    • Dallas Cowboys vs Philadelphia Eagles
    • Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning
    • Everyone vs the Evil Empire (New England Patriots)
    • New Orleans Saints vs Atlanta Falcons
    • New England Patriots vs New York Jets
    • I can't be bothered with other teams; Redskins vs Cowboys is all there is.
    • Other

I went to a 5 year old girl's birthday party because that's what you do when you are married with a baby. But, I digress. At this party they had the typical cooler with beer, cooler with sodas/water, and the buffet table.

The table had an assortment of salads, and entrees. The wife was Mexican so much of the food was of that flavor. However, in the middle, there was a platter of about 5 lbs of cooked bacon. It didn't go with anything that was served otherwise. After marveling at it for a few minutes, I asked the host what the deal was with the bacon.

He simply said "Ah, who doesn't love bacon?" I agreed. I'll be damned if every single piece of that bacon didn't go in the next half hour. People would walk down the line with their plate and without hesitation put about 3-4 pieces of bacon on their plate.

I think this is a great idea. I told my old lady that at every party we have for the remainder of our lives, I want a platter of bacon without any explanation. Even if its Thanksgiving. How can you turn down bacon? You can't.

I think this is a great idea. I told my old lady that at every party we have for the remainder of our lives, I want a platter of bacon without any explanation. Even if its Thanksgiving. How can you turn down bacon? You can't.

Might be a short life, but one worth dying for!

I went to a 5 year old girl's birthday party because that's what you do when you are married with a baby. But, I digress. At this party they had the typical cooler with beer, cooler with sodas/water, and the buffet table.

The table had an assortment of salads, and entrees. The wife was Mexican so much of the food was of that flavor. However, in the middle, there was a platter of about 5 lbs of cooked bacon. It didn't go with anything that was served otherwise. After marveling at it for a few minutes, I asked the host what the deal was with the bacon.

He simply said "Ah, who doesn't love bacon?" I agreed. I'll be damned if every single piece of that bacon didn't go in the next half hour. People would walk down the line with their plate and without hesitation put about 3-4 pieces of bacon on their plate.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Mike, I think if you pay an extra .75 cents, Subway will put a few slices of bacon on your 6-inch veggie delite. Something to consider.

I'll make a man of you yet.

and there you go again with your fascination with 6 inches. ruff night with your boyfriend again?

and this message board aint the marines. you wont "make a man" out of anyone here jarhead

Archived