Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who makes the 53 man roster as WR this year?

addicted

Since we cut Thrash I see us going with 6 WRs. Moss, Randle El, Thomas and Kelly are the locks. Roydell Williams and Marko Mitchell make it IMO. Eloi will be practice squaded.

Im not sure if we go with 6. Didnt last year and that was with a 2nd pick that could never get on the field. I would have thought with a WCO it would be common pratice to have 6, but Zorn might have a different way of looking at things. Williams will probably take Thrashs' spotas the 5th guy.

I was reading an article in redskins breaking news and i noticed it mentioned we have DJ Hackett? http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=289903 Former Titan Roydell Williams, former Seahawk and Panther DJ Hackett and 7th round pick Marko Mitchell are amongst those battling to make the roster behind Santana Moss, Antwaan Randle El, Devin Thomas and Malcolm Floyd. One thing is for sure, whoever wins that 5th receiver spot had best be able to make a contribution on special teams because that role is something that kept Thrash on an NFL roster for all those years.

__________________ Is that true, I don't remember us getting him and I cant find anything on it

I was reading an article in redskins breaking news and i noticed it mentioned we have DJ Hackett? http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=289903 Former Titan Roydell Williams, former Seahawk and Panther DJ Hackett and 7th round pick Marko Mitchell are amongst those battling to make the roster behind Santana Moss, Antwaan Randle El, Devin Thomas and Malcolm Floyd. One thing is for sure, whoever wins that 5th receiver spot had best be able to make a contribution on special teams because that role is something that kept Thrash on an NFL roster for all those years.

__________________ Is that true, I don't remember us getting him and I cant find anything on it

I wouldn't put a whole bunch of stock in this article considering it says they will be fighting for the 5th spot behind Malcolm FLOYD. Yes, the Redskins and the Chargers have fused to become the Redgers... or the Chargeskins. Take your pick...

I wouldn't put a whole bunch of stock in this article considering it says they will be fighting for the 5th spot behind Malcolm FLOYD. Yes, the Redskins and the Chargers have fused to become the Redgers... or the Chargeskins. Take your pick...

Yeah dude, that article is from the bleacherreport which is basically a fan driven site.

Anyone can post an article there.

The Keith Eloi thread got me thinking about this. Specifically this post:

Last season we kept 5 WR's on the 53 man roster:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=3572043

So assuming we keep 5 guys on the 53 man roster who do you think makes the team?

From the NFL.com page the following players are listed as WR's on the roster:

Alridge, Anthony (Redskins.com lists him as a RB so I don't count him among this group)

Eloi, Keith

Hagans, Marques

Kelly, Malcolm

Mitchell, Marko

Moss, Santana

Randle El, Antwaan

Shelton, Trent

Thomas, Devin

Thrash, James

Williams, Jaison

Williams, Roydell

Plaxico Burress!

(Danny Boy's new pet project)

:hysterical: :chair: :yikes: :toilet: :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

This along with the battle for RT and the Mike Williams saga might be the most interesting thing to watch this preseason.

Roydell Williams numbers from 2007 for the Titans (55 catches for 719 and 4 scores) carry more weight since that came with Vince Young at the helm and he only threw for 2500 yards. I might give him the edge right now but we will see once camp opens.

Just hope and pray the Thomas and Kelly earn a fraction of their paycheck this year.

I would go with

Moss

El

Thomas

Kelly

Roydell Williams

Keep Mitchell and Eloi on the Practice squad.

I agree with this... except... Kelly will have to make it through all of pre-season without another knee injury to make the team. If he hurts his knee again in pre-season, he will be IR'ed for the season or just flat out cut.

as long as he is not going to jail id LOVE to have him here. no denying his talent.

I haven't been posting on here as much lately, but figured I'd throw my two cents in on the Burress debate. People around me have heard me say repeatedly for the last couple seasons, "If Plaxico wasn't with the G-Men, I'd definitely have his jersey." I know all the arguments against him, but he's a game-changer...and has been making Eli look good for years. The "Eli Special" is what I call it. You know, the Favre-esque launch off his back foot that floats 25-30 yards downfield before Plax goes up and gets it. Dude has game, and would definitely take our offense to the level that we are currently hoping Thomas and/or Kelly can help us reach.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived