Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Dream Theater Thread (Mike Portnoy has left DT)

skinfan133

Dream Theater's 10th studio album, titled "Black Clouds and Silver Linings" is due out on the 23rd of June!

theres a regular version and a special edition 3 disc which will be 30 bucks. It'll be the regular cd, an instrumental version of the record on another, and a cd with 6 cover songs. totally worth it :)

anybody else out there as psyched as I am for this release?

and if anyone can't wait, the album has already been leaked and is on peer to peer networks. I'm going to wait so I can fully appreciate the special edition version.

- - -

edit: I guess this can be the DT general discussion thread...

anyways, sad news for fans, Mike Portnoy has left Dream Theater :(

Dream Theater's 10th studio album, titled "Black Clouds and Silver Linings" is due out on the 23rd of June!

theres a regular version and a special edition 3 disc which will be 30 bucks. It'll be the regular cd, an instrumental version of the record on another, and a cd with 6 cover songs. totally worth it :)

anybody else out there as psyched as I am for this release?

and if anyone can't wait, the album has already been leaked and is on peer to peer networks. I'm going to wait so I can fully appreciate the special edition version.

I gotcha beat by a longshot....a week, in fact :

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=287134&highlight=Dream

mick i didnt know you lived in asheville.

that place is great. i get there a lot.

I actually live near it, not in it, but close enough to drive to a DT concert.

I'm in Wilmington.

Never been there, tho....What's good to see in Asheville ?

Any of those hot and wild ECU girls out there, or is it too far for that ?

Hmmmm....I may go too. Ever been to Asheville? It's a cool little mountain town. It would be fun to make a long weekend of it and go hiking/rafting etc.

Dream Theater, rafting, and hiking.....doesn't get much better than that :)

I heard "A Nightmare to Remeber" the other day on Youtube (it has since been taken off). However, it was incredible. Very Dark and very long. I think it was about 14 minutes. One of my favorite DT songs right now.

It was way better than anything off their last album. I think Systematic Chaos was their worst. I never listen to it. I was kind of afraid of how this album was going to be, but I'm excited now.

Also, you can hear "A Rite of Passage" on Youtube.

Damn, I had no idea Asheville was on the other side of the state, and so far away.

I thought it was east of Raleigh, for some reason.

It's a 6 hour drive !

May have to carpool

Oh yeah, it's way over there. Closer to Tennessee than anything. Do you have any idea of this thing will sell out quickly or not?

Oh yeah, it's way over there. Closer to Tennessee than anything. Do you have any idea of this thing will sell out quickly or not?

Tennessee, isn't that Zoony country ?

Maybe we could stay at his place, and he could share some of that moonshine ?

This would be my first DT concert, so I'm not sure about the selling out aspect.

Tennessee, isn't that Zoony country ?

Maybe we could stay at his place, and he could share some of that moonshine ?

This would be my first DT concert, so I'm not sure about the selling out aspect.

We don't need Zoony for that, I've got some North Carolina moonshine at my house :evilg:

I'll figure out over the weekend if I'm going for sure and maybe we could get a carpool together if so. I just looked and it's on a Wednesday which is weird but maybe we could take one of the surrounding weekends off and go from there?

I heard "A Nightmare to Remeber" the other day on Youtube (it has since been taken off). However, it was incredible. Very Dark and very long. I think it was about 14 minutes. One of my favorite DT songs right now.

It was way better than anything off their last album. I think Systematic Chaos was their worst. I never listen to it. I was kind of afraid of how this album was going to be, but I'm excited now.

Also, you can hear "A Rite of Passage" on Youtube.

I actually thought Systematic Chaos was pretty good. THe first and last track were purely epic, typical Dream Theater. That album definitely takes a lot longer to get into, but I think that is what the band is going for now. They've done enough "friendly" songs, now they like that the people buying their songs have the patiente and desire to listen to their songs still.

I'm listening to "a rite of passage" right now, definitely their typical style, heh. I'm looking forward to hear the next few steps as part of The Glass Prison/This Dying Soul/The Root of All Evil/Repentance.

We don't need Zoony for that, I've got some North Carolina moonshine at my house :evilg:

I'll figure out over the weekend if I'm going for sure and maybe we could get a carpool together if so. I just looked and it's on a Wednesday which is weird but maybe we could take one of the surrounding weekends off and go from there?

Sounds fine to me.....and I can't imagine this thing selling out quickly.

Asheville, NC seems like a strange place to even HAVE a DT concert, let alone sell it out.

I imagine that anyone goin to this concert will more likely have a Charlie Daniels T-shirt on, and screaming "Play Devil Went Down to Georgia !"

Sounds fine to me.....and I can't imagine this thing selling out quickly.

Asheville, NC seems like a strange place to even HAVE a DT concert, let alone sell it out.

I imagine that anyone goin to this concert will more likely have a Charlie Daniels T-shirt on, and screaming "Play Devil Went Down to Georgia !"

Or Foghat. I've never been to a live performance where nobody asked for Foghat. It's universal somehow.

Archived