Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn's Press Communication is becoming Gibbs-like

robotfire

I love how people here project their antipathy towards Jason into every observation possible.

Yeah, I'm sure Zorn's already concluded that Jason's a failure and that he's therefore fired for sure, and so his primary motivation is to look good for interviews next January. :rolleyes:

He was given the job because he promissed Snyder and Vinny that he could make JC into a all pro QB like he did w/ Hasselback (sp). That is the main reason that GW, Fassell and the other big name coaches did not get the the HC job last off season. Vinny didn't want to throw away everything that we paid to get JC, so they wanted a coach who could win with him. It is now obvious that Vinny and Snyder don't think that is possible, so they are both on their out.

Since when were Zorn and Campbell's fates linked? Campbell was always Gibbs's quarterback.

I mean in a sense Zorns fate is dependent to the fate of the team, and the team is dependent to the fate of the quarterback, but I could see Campbell going and Zorn staying.

He was given the job because he promissed Snyder and Vinny that he could make JC into a all pro QB like he did w/ Hasselback (sp). That is the main reason that GW, Fassell and the other big name coaches did not get the the HC job last off season. Vinny didn't want to throw away everything that we paid to get JC, so they wanted a coach who could win with him. It is now obvious that Vinny and Snyder don't think that is possible, so they are both on their out.

Blah blah blah blah blah.

Regardless of your theories, this thread is in no way about Campbell. Give it up. God, you people are so annoying.

he was going a little too in depth last year as to what the issues were, blaming players, etc. however, i still enjoy a manager that isnt afraid to call out his players.

mike tomlin is the perfect example of an incredible coach who doesnt hesitate to call out his guys. i heard him go on about how their oline was the weak link because you cant have a perfect team, and theres always holes on every team. tomlin just tells it like it is and doesnt care what anyone thinks. zorn gets way too defensive in my opinion. czaban tried to get him going at the end of last season and zorn was whining like a baby about how everyone was too negative. be a man and explain yourself, or just be quiet.

I'm really hopeful Zorn gets 3 years. While we kept a lot of vets from a playoff team, they weren't all necessarily custom built for Zorn's offense and it took some transition for the team, and him. Give the man at least 3 years to get the thing rolling, not just two.

Wow, so you were there? What pajamas was Vinny wearing at the sleepover? :rolleyes:

I happen to agree with you that Zorn's fate is largely tied to Jason's success, but to say that Zorn has concluded right now that not only is Jason a failure but that he's also therefore doomed in Washington is absurd. Save your antipathy. It's making you look foolish.

I think what people need to recognize about Gibbs is besides his subtle manner, and obvious brilliance to take us to superbowls, he always always always, stopped and said, "I want to thank the fans." That we were what made this team so great. No matter what was happening, slump or no slump, Joe always fervently thanked us for support. I for one appreciated it.
I agree. Zorn needs to start saying that, and I'll be happy. It's funny, but when you start treating people like the best, they start acting like the best.

Archived