Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage: 2009 Mini-Camp Day 1 (Final - Kelly Audio Added)

JimmiJo

They are being EXTRA cautious with Kelly. Word is if the season started today, he WOULD be a full go. But they are giving him as much rest and rehab as possible.

REALLY? Thats awesome, he said he's felt stronger then he has ever been. (including college) in an interview a few weeks ago.

Even said his surgically repaired knee was stronger then the other.

I hope this is true and it wasn't Interview BS.

I hope Kelly and Thomas can anchor our WR corp like Fitz and Boldin.

Orakpo Starts Out at Linebacker

Brian Orakpo was on the field for the first session of the three-day minicamp and, as expected, did all of his individual work with the linebackers, working as a linebacker with the first-team defense. He had told The Post before he was drafted that he figured to be broken in as a strong-side linebacker and to be used as a defensive end in pass-rushing situations. However, he's listed as a defensive end on the roster.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-la-canfora/orakpo-starts-out-at-linebacke.html

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Why the hell didn't we draft Cushing if we wanted a linebacker????

what the hell? why is orakpo gonna be playing linebacker? this is retarded. let the guy line up next to haynesworth and stop pretending hes a linebacker.

hes working with the LBs today not the DEs. unreal. even when vinny drafts a lineman on day one hes not even gonna play DE.

Even when God dumps us a premiere lineman in our laps, we still don't know what to do with him.

Dumbest team ever.

Since they want to use Orakpo as a LB, I think maybe they should give the 3-4 a go. Only thing is that the front 3 would be Carter, Haynesworth and one of two old guys in Daniels or Wynn.

Really stupid though to play him at LB. Rack needs to be chasing down QB's.

what the hell? why is orakpo gonna be playing linebacker? this is retarded. let the guy line up next to haynesworth and stop pretending hes a linebacker.

hes working with the LBs today not the DEs. unreal. even when vinny drafts a lineman on day one hes not even gonna play DE.

It's the first time he's on te field with the Redskins as well as our first time to see what Wynn/Daniels have left in the tank, it isn't that big of a deal.

Even when God dumps us a premiere lineman in our laps, we still don't know what to do with him.

Dumbest team ever.

unreal. completely unreal. youre gonna take the 13th overall pick, who should have been a top 5 pick, and move him to linebacker, where he has only played in spot duty, when your other two starting DEs ages combined is over 70 years old, ones coming off of torn ACL, the other one just isnt a starter.

good work guys. i really thought we had a legit DE. i guess i was wrong again. 14 years without a dlineman on day.

hes actually just doing exactly what marcus washington was doing. and washington wasnt a DE. i guess orakpo isnt either? ugh.

its been discussed quite a bit that he will play some LB on first and second down because he is undersized. Don't worry he'll be rushing after the QB when we need to. This isn't news people, they said it numerous times. It's like what Miami did with Taylor on his best years. Masking his weight limitations/run limitaitons by having him play LB on run downs.

It's the first time he's on te field with the Redskins as well as our first time to see what Wynn/Daniels have left in the tank, it isn't that big of a deal.

its a HUGE deal. hes a defensive end, not a linebacker. have you looked at the DEs we have starting aside from carter?

this is his first time with the team, he needs to be working out at DE, where he should be playing. but of course, because we have no LB, vinny thinks he is one.

this team couldnt get any dumber. maybe barnes can play RT? and maybe glenn gets converted BACK to a RB?

hes actually just doing exactly what marcus washington was doing. and washington wasnt a DE. i guess orakpo isnt either? ugh.

i agree that orakpo should be at DE, but in fairness to marcus, he WAS a DE in college at auburn.

also, phillip daniels said that he split time at SLB and DE when he came into the league before moving to DE full time. it's really not a problem.

its been discussed quite a bit that he will play some LB on first and second down because he is undersized. Don't worry he'll be rushing after the QB when we need to. This isn't news people, they said it numerous times. It's like what Miami did with Taylor on his best years. Masking his weight limitations/run limitaitons by having him play LB on run downs.

he weights like 265? thats fine for a DE. jason taylor was like 245, a big difference. and orakpo is a mule, im not worried about a guy that can bench 500+ getting pushed around on running downs.

i have no problem with him playing LB on some downs, but hes NOT a LB, and they have him working with the LBs, NOT the dline. hes a dlineman.

Please step away from the ledge! :hysterical:

This is the very first Mini-Camp. I think we are making the assumption that he was going to be in with the first team. Maybe if Rocky were here he would be in with the second team. Again he is a Rookie and that's what they've done with the Rookies in the past. He might just be filling in for Rocky so they might as well get a good look at his LB skills.

We have a long offseason people. Pace yourself.

its a HUGE deal. hes a defensive end, not a linebacker. have you looked at the DEs we have starting aside from carter?

this is his first time with the team, he needs to be working out at DE, where he should be playing. but of course, because we have no LB, vinny thinks he is one.

this team couldnt get any dumber. maybe barnes can play RT? and maybe glenn gets converted BACK to a RB?

It's not a big deal. As I said it's already been known that we might use Orakpo as a LB/DE hybrid. He is undersized when it comes to stopping the run so the team is doing their best to put him in situations that he can perform best. Calm down. He'll be rushing the passer in obvious passing downs and 3rd downs.

he weights like 265? thats fine for a DE. jason taylor was like 245, a big difference. and orakpo is a mule, im not worried about a guy that can bench 500+ getting pushed around on running downs.

i have no problem with him playing LB on some downs, but hes NOT a LB, and they have him working with the LBs, NOT the dline. hes a dlineman.

You have no problem with him playing LB on some downs but you don't want him to practice with the LBs at all? That makes a lot of sense. I said a little undersized and even he admits run stopping isn't his greatest forte, so he needs to improve on that.

It's the first day of MINI camp for Christs sake. There are over 100 players there. They probably want to see what he can do at LB. I'm sure there will be days when he only plays DE. Let's all take a deep breath. In the immortal words of Walter Sobchak "Nothing is ****ed here dude. Nothing is ****ed."

Please step away from the ledge! :hysterical:

This is the very first Mini-Camp. I think we are making the assumption that he was going to be in with the first team. Maybe if Rocky were here he would be in with the second team. Again he is a Rookie and that's what they've done with the Rookies in the past. He might just be filling in for Rocky so they might as well get a good look at his LB skills.

We have a long offseason people. Pace yourself.

i will step away from the ledge when i hear the team announce he is the starting DE, and will line up at LB on certain plays.

starting his first camp with the LBs, id assume hes a LB who lined up at DE every now and then.

Archived