Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles look good.

Vooskin

Jeremy Maclin was a hell of a value pick, then they get lesean mccoy, very explosive guy. They get probably the best pass catching tight end in the draft with Cornelius Ingram.

They picked up Victor Harris CB VaTech who looked pretty solid in the 5th, they also traded two 5 rounders to the Patriots for CB Ellis Hobbs which could be a very good nickel DB for them. Not to mention they got Jason Peters and Shawn Andrews brother.

Giants get the WR who I actually liked most in Hakeem nicks, guy has amazing hands, he attacks the ball and is very good in space, they also took another WR in the 3rd, Ramses Barden, a 6'6 230 pound WR.

Both the Eagles and Giants have done a very good job at addressing their needs. The NFC east just got a hell of alot better.

Good thing for us Mcnabb wont be around to enjoy his "star" WR's in there prime.

Nicks wont be Plax, nuff said.

They don;t need Plax, Giants still demolished us in the second game last season without Burress. They really needed a guy who could go up and attack the ball, a guy with good adjustment to catch inaccurate balls due both from the wind and Eli's inconsistency. They Addressed that, I had Nicks for awhile just a hair below Crabtree, Nicks biggest knock against him was the fact he had other good WR's on his team.

2 Months ago I actually would have said I would have had no problem with the skins taking Nicks at #13. I like Orakpo, some people love him, I think Ayers would have been better for our scheme, Rak has had some knee issues in the past which also worried me.

Skins haven't been addressing OL because I think they feel solid with bringing in Dockery and just recently Mike Williams. Then again I'm one of those guys who didn't think OL was that big of a problem last year, Other qbs did more with lesser Olines. It all still comes down to JC

They don;t need Plax, Giants still demolished us in the second game last season without Burress. They really needed a guy who could go up and attack the ball, a guy with good adjustment to catch inaccurate balls due both from the wind and Eli's inconsistency. They Addressed that, I had Nicks for awhile just a hair below Crabtree, Nicks biggest knock against him was the fact he had other good WR's on his team.

2 Months ago I actually would have said I would have had no problem with the skins taking Nicks at #13. I like Orakpo, some people love him, I think Ayers would have been better for our scheme, Rak has had some knee issues in the past which also worried me.

Skins haven't been addressing OL because I think they feel solid with bringing in Dockery and just recently Mike Williams. Then again I'm one of those guys who didn't think OL was that big of a problem last year, Other qbs did more with lesser Olines. It all still comes down to JC

I beg to differ. They did beat us up without him but it was obvious they needed him down the stretch. Eli is a good qb and we couldnt get any pressure on him AT ALL, that explains why we couldnt beat him. When you pressure him he needs that big WR to throw up some of the bs he throws up.

Your thoughts on OL and JC :applause:

I really think all of the NFC East teams helped themselves this draft.

I know the Eagles did, but I think they could have done better personally by taking the TE who went right after their pick and moving up slightly to take Beanie Wells. I just think those two guys would have addressed their needs better than what they took. JMO though obviously.

I like what the GMen did...the Wr looks impressive. Very nice hands and agressive player. Sintim is a Giant type LB, he will fit well...Beatty is a Nice OT that fills a huge need for them. Bohmar is a nice Developmental Qb with upside.

Skins improved their Pass Rush, which has been their achilies the last few seasons..not crazy about the rest of their picks though.

Cowboys apparently are going to blitz every down this year, they certainly addressed any perceived weakness in the LB core by taking a bunch of them. Certainly all of them have Sack capability which wasn't the case for guys like Burnett and Thomas who left this offseason. Get a big OL and address their Secondardy later in the draft....MAY have fixed their kicking game too.

At first glance, Eagles do look like they had the best NFCE draft and a top draft in the NFL too.

But as members have correctly pointed out, it does seem that way every year. And then we see how it pans out on the field.

Not saying they don't do well thereafter, but there have been some draft classes that went from A on draft day to C after 2 seasons.

I have to admit.. the Eagles draft looks pretty good.. the first two picks have that "sexy" feel. I only question who's the "change up" back. Westbrook has proven that he can carry it 20+ times but doesn't seem durable. Adding Macklin gives the Eagles scary speed... my only question is that he seems to be a Des Jackson clone which is not a bad thing necessarily... just seems that they're lacking the #1 type receiver.. Still .. looks to be a good draft by the Eagles..

I gotta give props to a "local" kid from Washington state, picked up by the iggles in rd 6- Brandon Gibson from WSU.

I'm a big fan of WSU, and was actually hoping the Skins would pick him up late..He is a solid guy, and if he had a better qb, I think will do great. WSU hasn't had very good teams in recent past, so will be interesting to see how he picks it up in the NFL. I know he's a long shot, but hope him the best.

http://wsucougars.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/gibson_brandon00.html

"Earned the fourth varsity letter of his career after playing in each of WSU's 13 games...started all 13 games for the Cougars...named All-Pacific-10 Conference honorable mention...named WSU's Offensive Most Valuable Player...completed his career as the school's all-time leader in career receiving yards (2,756)...also ranks second on the career receptions list with 182, and is sixth on the career touchdown receptions list with 17...hauled in 57 receptions for 673 yards and two touchdowns...all three marks were team highs...caught a season-high 10 passes against Oregon (Sept. 27) en route to 103 yards...posted a season-high 128 yards against Baylor (Sept. 12)...11 career 100-yard games are tied for the most all-time by a Cougar (Mike Levenseller)...season-long 43-yard touchdown reception against Portland State (Sept. 20)...had multiple receptions in all but two of WSU's games, and had a reception in every game...completed his career with receptions in 36 consecutive games...also rushed 10 times for 19 yards, with a long rush of 17 yards against Hawaii (Nov. 29)...was named to the Maxwell Award Preseason Watch List, given annually to the nation's most outstanding college football player...received an invitation to play in the Under Armour Senior Bowl. "

Also

Brandon Lewis Gibson...born in Germany...parents Steve Gibson and Marlene Williams...has two sisters Sherelle and Nicole Wade, and one brother Steven...uncle Vaughn Williams played in the NFL for the San Francisco 49ers and Indianapolis Colts...majoring in history with a teaching emphasis at WSU

The Florida tight end is the key to the Eagles draft IMO. You know Maclin's going to be good, but the consensus on Ingram is that he has a ton of upside.

Eagles + gamebreaking receiver + big pass catching TE + power RB (or someone to take eyes off of 36) = big big trouble. Been evident for years and years, they came close in 04 with TO, too close.

Lets hope these guys dont pan out.

Ingram was probably going to be in the running for the John Mackey award had he not torn his ACL in spring ball for Florida. Before that injury he was almost a sure-fire first rounder. The guy definitely has talent and is already an upgrade over the departed L.J. Smith. As much as I hate to say it, Philly had a very, very good weekend.

Archived