Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Micheal Johnson DE...Still available

MAATopDogg

I know we already drafted a DE but you can never have enough pass rushers(ie Giants). Micheal Johnson was a projected 1st rd pick and there is tremendous value in the 3rd round with him and with our aging D-line this would be and awesome pick by us. in the 3rd. I know you guys want a OT or LB but if we go BAP we need to take him.

I know we already drafted a DE but you can never have enough pass rushers(ie Giants). Micheal Johnson was a projected 1st rd pick and there is tremendous value in the 3rd round with him and with our aging D-line this would be and awesome pick by us. in the 3rd. I know you guys want a OT or LB but if we go BAP we need to take him.

Agreed, this guy is another Orakpo who was a first round pick going into this year. He is a burner on the edge and will have a great NFL career IMO. I think we have bigger needs, but if he falls much like Orakpo, we must take him!

BPA Vinny BPA!!!!!

If Meredith is still on the board we have to take him. He should of been a high 2nd round pick. No need for Johnson, plus I think he will be gone. I would try to trade for another early 3rd rounder and take Meredith with Sidbury and pick up an OG with whatever we have left. Please Please Please don't mortgage any future picks though.

Don't agree about Johnson, but agree about not being afraid to take another DE. In reality this should be Carter's last year as well so we really will need another DE at this time next year again.....AC will be 31 going into the '10 season and his salary numbers are only going to go up.....

Friendly reminder:

our offense sucks

Agreed - but here's another reminder : We aren't one player away for the Super Bowl this year. We're not gonna be in the NFC Championship either.

So why reach for an OT/OG just because it's a need? If the Skins truly draft BPA and Michael Johnson is highest ranked player on their board, Vinny has to make this pick.

Agreed - but here's another reminder : We aren't one player away for the Super Bowl this year. We're not gonna be in the NFC Championship either.

So why reach for an OT/OG just because it's a need? If the Skins truly draft BPA and Michael Johnson is highest ranked player on their board, Vinny has to make this pick.

Thank you....

You really have to consider all options, especially with a talent like him. However, I think it's obvious he is way undersized and may not translate to the NFL and that's a big reason why he's fallen. You have to consider him but if someone like Duke Robinson is still available, I think you have to take them. He should definitely be considered though.

I hope Jarron Gilbert drops to us....ohhhh I HOPE!!!!!

Me too, I like hm better than Johnson. His profile reminds me some of Justin Tuck, big guy, who can play on the inside, had if I recall 9.5 sacks last year.

Johnson by most draft geeks is considered useless against the run and a boom or bust type.

I say trade back if at all possible. If we stay I think Duke Robinson would be huge for us if he is there. He would give us Randy Thomas eventual successor and would provide insurance in case Randy or Dock go down at some point this season.

Johnson is a project, I think we need to fill needs instead of taking on a high risk pick at this point.

Michael Johnson would be an ideal pick for you guys. There is much invested in Albert Haynesworth, and therefore the D-line as well. It would be ideal to ensure that Haynesworth/the D-line always has a pass rusher next to him, either as a rotation or injury replacement. Stock up on Pass Rushers. That is NFC East football.

Archived