Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: RI: Vinny Wants More Picks

Rypien1191

I hope they make the best of the third round pick...

Me too. I don't know what the trade down value of a third rounder is, but if Duke is gone, I wouldn't mind trading down and picking up a 4th or 5th.

I think those rounds are where you find the quality depth who are more likely to make the roster. If we can get some more picks like that I'd be pretty happy.

I seem to say this every year.....the biggest thing this team needs to do right now IMO is to hold onto next year's picks. I think we got better today but they need to STOP treating these picks in the offseason as tradebait because they get fleeced every damn year.

We need to draft the CB "Macho" from D. Hall's school, 2 LB, and 2 OL somehow. If we do not trade back, we can settle with 1 OL. We must acquire those picks tomorrow though. That would be very nice.

I wish we had more picks like the Patriots so we could pick up another nice DT and a RB but we should be fine.

Went on scout.com, checked out their ratings for players left, might have missed a player or two but I think I covered most of it.

1. Sidbury, DE 84

2. M. Johnson, DE 83

3. J Gilbert, DE/DT 80

4. J. Meredith OT 79

5. S. Greene RB 79

6. D. Williams WR 78

7. A Brown RB 78

8. A Allen CB 77

9. D Robinson, OG 76

10. Tyronne McKenzie, LB 76

11. D. Washington CB 75

12. B Tate WR 73

13. C Francis CB 73

14. TJ Lange OT 73

15. T Green OG 72

16. M Freeman LB 72

17. G. Coffee RB 71

18. A Caldwell C 71

19. K Urbik OG 70

20. Cadogan OT 70

21. J Brinkley ILB 70

At Vinny: Then stop trading them away during the season for mediocre talent, you idiot! :mad:
:hysterical:

Too true.

Not saying that I'm in favor of trading away picks, but it seems that Vinny feels that trading down is easier with these lower round picks. Honestly, I'd rather have 3 second rounders than 3 seventh rounders, but thats just me.

If Vinny can find a way to trade out 3rd for a third, 2 fourths and a fifth then maybe its not too bad of an idea.

Not saying that I'm in favor of trading away picks, but it seems that Vinny feels that trading down is easier with these lower round picks. Honestly, I'd rather have 3 second rounders than 3 seventh rounders, but thats just me.

If Vinny can find a way to trade out 3rd for a third, 2 fourths and a fifth then maybe its not too bad of an idea.

For me its don't trade down just to trade down if for example J Gilbert is by a mile the best player on the board and you don't have nearly as much faith lets say in the best OT available, take Gilbert. The Giants and Eagles continue to load up on rush lineman, its not the end of the world if that happens here.

Arguably last draft both Rinehart and Tryon were reaches in the 3rd and 4th, and so far the jury isn't that great on either of them at least yet. i recall some of the draft geeks projected both players for the later rounds.

I'd like to move back in the 3rd round, and add additional picks and then select OG -Tyronne Green from Auburn. He can add depth, and I also believe he will be able to be a swing guard in this league.

His strength is a bit of a concern (22 Reps), but if anyone watched this kid play in college he plays at a much stronger level on the football field. Went to a good SEC school, and played against top notch compeition. It would fill a need, and he also would have a chance to become a starter someday.

I have a good feeling about this kid.

exactly!!!!

heck we could have traded our #1 and still got the DE from Tenn and another couple of picks

Vinny needs to learn from NE where they kept trading down and ended up with 4 nice 2nd round picks, heck even Dallas traded down and now have 12 picks tomorrow :doh:

There is nothing for the Redskins FO to learn. It is short-term memory you need to retain better. :)

Last year's draft, the Redskins traded down MULTIPLE times, and ended up with TEN picks.

They know how to do it.

They didn't do it this year b/c a guy they coveted (Orakpo) was just sitting there for them to take at #13.

He most likely wouldn't have been there later.

We'll see how much they trade down on the second day.

geeezh ... when is this team gonna get some playmakers on offense ... averaging 16 points a game won't do it. Look at the Giants and Eagles and learn something ... the Skins are fallin further behind.

The O still has some upside but our D should be deadly homie. I have no worries

Archived