Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: RI: Vinny Wants More Picks

Rypien1191

#80 Jamon Meredith OT South Carolina or Gerald Cadogan OT Penn State

#150 Jason Williams

#186 Sherrod Martin CB Troy or Derek Cox CB William & Mary

#243 Willie Williams LB Union College(KY) or Jonathon Foster LB Central State(Ohio)

I think sherrod martin would be tough to pull for a 6th rounder. considering he already went in the 2nd round. lol

I am hoping for a trade down to try and pick up a 4th. But if we have to stay where we are i want in the 3rd an OG/C like Antoine Caldewell or Duke Robinson.

At Vinny: Then stop trading them away during the season for mediocre talent, you idiot! :mad:

I'd hardly say Jason Taylor was mediocre talent, it just did not work out. And I am not a Vinny defender at all. Would you like to have that deal back, of course, at the time it seemed like the right thing to do. But we can't be unhappy with Orapko, though I would have like to see Oher just slightly so more.

Meredith, Krolog, and Lang would all make me happy. One of those should be there at our pick.

I(sounds strange) trust Vinny with these late round picks. The guys he has gotten over the last 2-3 years is pretty nice. Most notibly Horton, Montgomery, and Golston.

I agree. And it's nice to see at least some faith in the FO.

I'd hardly say Jason Taylor was mediocre talent, it just did not work out. And I am not a Vinny defender at all. Would you like to have that deal back, of course, at the time it seemed like the right thing to do. But we can't be unhappy with Orapko, though I would have like to see Oher just slightly so more.
The JT trade was the wrong move to make at the time. He was mediocre for us. Something we've seen before with guys like Archuleta. It was the same kind of trade that's burned us before. Especially since we traded a 2nd, especially since Taylor wouldn't have stayed more than a couple years at best. Especially since we had guys like Evans, Wilson, and brought in James to work out. (Evans was decent, so of course our FO lowballed and let him go.)

I was worried we didn't get Oher too, though I like BPA there which in this case appears to be Okrapo. Oher falling so far means that if we whiffed on him, so did lots of other teams.

There is nothing for the Redskins FO to learn. It is short-term memory you need to retain better. :)

Last year's draft, the Redskins traded down MULTIPLE times, and ended up with TEN picks.

They know how to do it.

They didn't do it this year b/c a guy they coveted (Orakpo) was just sitting there for them to take at #13.

He most likely wouldn't have been there later.

We'll see how much they trade down on the second day.

And so far, only ONE of those ten picks has been a bonafide success. There's something to be said for calling your shots, not just accumulating picks.

I'm liking the Orakpo pick too. Hope he really was BPA, at a spot he can start at.

Here's hoping Vinny takes a similar shot with our remaining picks, where we get the BPA, or trade down if no BPA really fits us there (like TEs and DL being BPAs at the time).

We got holes that need filling at OL and LB especially.

Archived