Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best First-Round Picks, 1999-2008

wilco_holland

Sorry if this already is posted:

(http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0904/nfl.best.first.round.picks.1-32/content.25.html)

At Si.com they have a list of best First-Round Picks, 1999-2008....at pick 25:

Jon Beason,

One of the game's best young linebackers, Beason led the Panthers in tackles each of his first two seasons and earned All-Pro honors in 2008.

Others considered:

Jason Campbell (2005)

Jason get's considerd as the best 25th overal draft pick between 1999 and 2008, does that say something about Jason or about the 25th pick in the periode 1999-2008?

Maby things like this make Dan and Vinny think of not trading up for Sanchez. I hope it.

They've got Adam Archuleta as the runner up at #20. I'm going to have to say this is one of the worst lists I've ever seen.

Also no ST at #5, but Quentin Jammer? Really?

Exactly what I was thinking. Of course I'm ok with LT ranking as the best #5 pick, but ST should be the first honorable mention.

Eli the best #1 pick of the last decade... :yikes: He was only the 3rd best QB in that year's draft - goes to show how disappointing the #1 overall picks have been... Tim Couch, David Carr, Alex Smith, etc. Carson Palmer is a much better QB than Eli, but got stuck on the Bungles. Other than Palmer, has there been ANY draft since Peyton where the first QB taken was the best?

If only the list went back another couple years, Eli's brother would've been the runaway choice.

Archived