Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If We Get Sanchez Zorn must have More Time To Prove Himself, Right?!?!? (poll)

downbeat87

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I am a lineman for the Redskins

And I drive the main road

Searching in the sun

For another overload

I hear Bugel singing in the wires

I can hear Snyder through the whine

And the Redskins lineman

Is still on the line

That's great......:D

Sorry downbeat, I think me, Dah-Dee and R:VoD have accidentally hijacked the thread talking about LINE MAN and Linemen.

Back on Topic:

I really like Zorn and hope the Skins give him at least two more seasons (or more) to get things going.

I think Zorn knows he has to "just win now baby". He is not guaranteed anything from the Danny after this year. Too many veteran coaches available that can suck more money from the Skins front office. Only making the playoffs will save Coach Zorn unfortunately. Unless they give him some more linemen, it could be a long year for our current coach.

I think Zorn knows he has to "just win now baby". He is not guaranteed anything from the Danny after this year.

I'm pretty sure he is guaranteed a nice big paycheck for sitting at home on his couch in 2010 if we are stupid enough to chase more big names. Marty did pretty well for himself in the same situation, I think he brought home $20mil for one season of work.

I hope that if the team takes Sanchez they give Zorn another season at least. You CAN NOT count on every rookie QB to be Matt Ryan or Joe Flaccoish. There is absolutely no guarantee in the draft, and if you're drafting a QB, you should almost expect to have a losing season if he's your starter. Even Payton Manning took a year and Tom Brady sat way back behind Drew Bledsoe for a few years.

I would be really mad if Zorn were let go after we had a bad season because we ignored our OL and drafted a QB. I'm not opposed to getting Sanchez, but if we do that I think everyone should pretty much recognize we've got an 80% chance of missing the playoffs again, or even being sub 500.

In my opinion, yes. Zorn would get at least two more years and probably a third if improvement occurred between 2009 and 2010. Despite the success of Ryan and Flacco last season, if we draft Sanchez my expectations for our 2009 record would go way down.

If Sanchez is Zorn's choice, I have no problem with trying to get him, as long as we don't sell the farm. But are we rebuilding in other areas on this team as well?

Archived