Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If We Get Sanchez Zorn must have More Time To Prove Himself, Right?!?!? (poll)

downbeat87

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

this is not a sanchez thread exactly, but more of a zorn thread.

for all the JC haters out there, we can argue day and night about how good he his, but you have to admit that he improved with zorn in his footwork and release, and all of his numbers rose significantly given that his offense is so different than the previous regime (saunders/gibbs).

that said, seeing that the sanchez stuff seems pretty real... if we get him does this mean that zorn has won over the FO?!?!?!?

the point has been brought up that if this is zorns make or break year, why would we draft a qb that he likes if hes not going to be here?!?!?

Oh and if the Skins don't win.....I doubt that Snyder will give him much more time.

Yay!!! More rebuilding!!!!!

there is no such thing as rebuilding with this team. rebuilding involves getting linemen and developing franchise players.

this team would rather trade away every player they draft or better yet not draft at all.

I think if JC is gone, then yeah Zorn gets more time, if he's not, then its a tougher matter, but if the Fantasy Owner of the Skins.... (LOL that sounds about right) brings in a new QB, he has to understand that it may take at least 2 years to get the investment to show in the kid. That's just how it is. UNLESS!

Unless Snyder is doing this specifically because he knows another coach is coming, if he knows someone has an under the table agreement to come coach if he drafts this kid, (say peter carrol, john gruden, or Bill cowher.) Then my answer would be no. But assuming no such thing is already in dan's mind, I say yes, Zorn gets at least through 2010 or 2011

there is no such thing as rebuilding with this team. rebuilding involves getting linemen and developing franchise players.

this team would rather trade away every player they draft or better yet not draft at all.

You know what I mean.....starting over. But I understand what you mean as well.

Say Zorn has another 8-8 season or worse or even if the Skins fail to make the playoffs: With multiple big name coaches outthere, I'd wager that one of them comes in.

Then we lose some of the current players as they bring in their guys, they draft guys to fit their scheme (or as you said trade said picks to bring in vets). After 1-2 years of average records or worse, THE NEXT BIG THING is outthere and coach is fired/quits. Lather, rinse, repeat.

This has been going on since 1999 (with exception to Gibbs 2.0, which would have started a riot had the FO fired Gibbs).

No QB can perform without an O-Line and a decent receiving corps. If they are serious about drafting this guy, they better know something we don't. Maybe some of those young linemen we picked up late in the season but never used have a shot and maybe last year's rookies step up.

The other burning question would be who gets cut. Do you really drop Collins in favor of three young QBs who are either unproven or considered ineffective? We could trade Campbell but I think we want a 2nd rounder and I don't see that coming.

No QB can perform without an O-Line and a decent receiving corps. If they are serious about drafting this guy, they better know something we don't. Maybe some of those young linemen we picked up late in the season but never used have a shot and maybe last year's rookies step up.

i did see matt ryan make some throws in the same kind of pressure JC had, esp against the bears

The other burning question would be who gets cut. Do you really drop Collins in favor of three young QBs who are either unproven or considered ineffective? We could trade Campbell but I think we want a 2nd rounder and I don't see that coming.

I think JC is traded and Collins and Brennan battle for the 2nd string.

Well, here's a better one:

Please do not draft Sanchez, we need linemen.

:evilg:

even better......;)

Although LINE MAN is a great player and a superhero:silly:

I am a lineman for the Redskins

And I drive the main road

Searching in the sun

For another overload

I hear Bugel singing in the wires

I can hear Snyder through the whine

And the Redskins lineman

Is still on the line

Zorn's success is entirely dependent on Jason Campbell's success. If you remember Porits is the one who is there feeding the owner all the stories and the owner basically protects Portis from the coach. Trust me, there is no way that Zorn is going to hinge his success on a rooke QB that has to learn new terminology.

Archived