Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Business Insider: Obama Wants To Build High-Speed Trains!

China

Yes. Do you agree that REGULATING said commerce is not the same as PROVIDING it?

No, I don't. Not really. But the Commerce Clause says that Congress has the power to regulate commerce.

Anyway, I'll ask the questions here:

Do you believe in order to regulate commerce properly, i.e. effectively, the government needs to be able to regulate trains, among other forms of transportation?

No, I don't. Not really. But the Commerce Clause says that Congress has the power to regulate commerce.

Then we have a fundamental disagreement on the english language.

Anyway, I'll ask the questions here:

Yes sir.

Do you believe in order to regulate commerce properly, i.e. effectively, the government needs to be able to regulate trains, among other forms of transportation?

In terms of providing a common standard in which the several States can be compatable? Such as track dimensions, safe curve radius, etc.? Yes. This is not the same as building the track.

My dictionary defines it as:

"The exchange or buying and selling of commodities on a large scale involving transportation from place to place"

Sounds reasonable to me.

So the federal government shouldn't fund something that could move goods from one state to another, and as a result most likely result in lower prices for most consumers? Something that could also work to reduce our dependence on middle eastern oil? Something that could cut down on congestion on our roads, and as a result of that the amount of pollution in our air?

Am I interpreting you correctly?

So the federal government shouldn't fund something that could move goods from one state to another, and as a result most likely result in lower prices for most consumers? Something that could also work to reduce our dependence on middle eastern oil? Something that could cut down on congestion on our roads, and as a result of that the amount of pollution in our air?

Am I interpreting you correctly?

No. The States should.

what the **** r u talking about? this is like law 101. paging predicto.

I already tried.

armstrong001 has his own interpretation of the constitution and the powers of government. He is not interested in how the Constitution has been applied for 200 years, he is interested in parsing dictionary definitions of certain specific words and phrases in the document.

If you are going to engage him, you are going to have to do it on the level he has chosen. He's not going to stop.

I already tried.

armstrong001 has his own interpretation of the constitution and the powers of government. He is not interested in how the Constitution has been applied for 200 years, he is interested in parsing dictionary definitions of certain specific words and phrases in the document.

If you are going to engage him, you are going to have to do it on the level he has chosen. He's not going to stop.

Actually, I've been reflecting on how much this feels like a MSF hijacking.

The "I don't care about reality!". The "Please, people! Don't feed him any more!"

I already tried.

And as I have tried to tell you, the Constitution was applied incorrectly for 150 years in other respects, specifically civil rights. But you won't listen either.

Please educate me on how the commerce clause and general welfare clause can be interpreted so broadly, as to give the Federal government just about any power it wants? Why not just write in the Constitution "The Congress shall have the power to legislate" and leave it at that? Because the writers wanted LIMITED Federal government. By not reading the words they wrote, or making up new meanings for "regulate", the Federal government goes against the intent of the Constitution.

I fully admit that there is 200 years of precident stating that the Federal Government can do whatever the hell it pleases. That still doesn't make it right.

Archived