Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WIP 610, Paul Jolovitz: Philly's chance of keeping both first rounders LESS than 2%

heliKCx17

Again, happened with cowboys/eagles just 3 yrs back. Not unheard of at all. (SF/seattle)

Rarley and unheard of are two different things. I said Rarley. Your two examples just proves my point on how rarley in division trades take place.

Again, the odds of this trade actually taking place from an outside view has to be less then 20%.

That would be AWESOME. I repeat, AWESOME! I don't know about the likelihood of drading with a division team. I hope they put that aside and do it. Two first would help us address two of the three positions of need. The third can be taken care of with the 3rd round pick.

division teams trade draft picks moe often than players from what I've seen.

No way we pick percy harvin. I would be a lot happer with Heyward Bey is we HAVE to go receiver and he is available.

I don't think we will have the opportunity to move back, but as long as A smith or Raji aren't on the board, that #13 for #21 and #28 would be a good value. I don't want to see Smith road grading us for the next 7-10 years.

If we do trade back, definitely BPA with those picks. I might move back up for Oher or Maualuga if available at #18, before the lions or tampa bay chose them.

#21+28 = 1440, # 18(denver)= 900. 500 pt differential = Denver's pick #48(420 pts) + #114(66 pts). We wind up minus 14 points for the trade with denver. Assuming we swapped Rd 3 and 5 picks with the Iggles as stated prior in this thread, that puts us from #13, #80, #150, #186, #243 to:

#18, #48, #114, #141, #150, #186, #243.

Rd #1 Oher or Maualuga, Rd #2 Sidbury, larry english, clint sintim, michael johnson, or Eric Wood

how amazing would it be if...we got both of phillys 1st rounders and they took a QB like sanchez? I don't what I'd feel.

Lol...that's what I was thinking too. Except I was wondering what our fan reaction would be to Sanchez then succeeding and becoming Philly's next franchise QB. For all the times I read people declaring how they would abandon the Skins if we did this or that, I think of how stupid it all is, especially if the player in question turns into a stud. Not saying this is going to be the case with Sanchez, but I do love when people let their emotions get the best of them and say things that they may regret.

1. it's pure speculation, no one has a clue what will happen come draft day.

2. 2 guys the Skins are interested in, I highly doubt the Skins would give a division foe a player they covet, even for a few draft picks.

3. it's a good chance both will be gone by #13

4. I heard the Eagles may try to move up for Beanie Wells, not for an OL.... it's all rumors

I'd gladly cede Andre Smith or Michael Oher to the Eagles for the 21st and 28th picks. If they really want one of them, let them trade both picks for our 1st and 6th (I'd like to try and keep the 5th but it wouldn't be a big deal to lose it).

It would be great to make this deal, but I don't know that I'd want to use both first round picks in round 1 if it were completed. I'd take Moreno if he were around, and try and trade back on the other one unless Maualuga or another elite player were there. And if I did take Moreno, then I would try and trade Betts for a late round pick either in this years draft or next's. If they weren't, I'd trade farther back to try and get a second and 3rd or 4th. I really want us to pick up a center prospect in the 3rd or 4th round.

Who would the Eagle really want to move up and grab? They need a reciever and a running back to compliment Westbrook. I know Moreno would be a good grab but who else would they really want that bad?

They might need 1 or 2 offensive tackles. Shawn Andrews is a pro-bowl guard but he's a bit of a question mark. Also, Stacy Andrews isn't going to set the world on fire on the right, and Runyan probably isn't coming back. It'll be interesting to see what they do with their line.

Archived