Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WIP 610, Paul Jolovitz: Philly's chance of keeping both first rounders LESS than 2%

heliKCx17

There's no way in hell Maualuga is there at 21 but I think I'd be pretty happy with this trade as long as we used the picks well. We could get Mack with one, trade down with the other (again and get more picks one of which in the second round) and get Duke Robinson with the other. That would be huge.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

The rumors have officially begun to fly, Kiper and Mcshay agreed that Philly wants to be aggressive in this draft and move up. They agreed that the most likely partners are the Texans at 15 and the Redskins at 13. #21+#28 is 30 points more than #13, so we would have to give up a 5th, but this trade would be AWESOME...we could get Britton/Beatty AND Matthews/Cushing/Rey or a DE or even an elite OG...I am officially pumped, and no, the idea of Philly trading up is more than a rumor, Paul Jolovitz said on the Philly radio (brother-in-law in Philly confirmed) that team officials would like to move up for their 'player,' rumored to be Oher or Smith (2% chance they don't).

Is this correct? I might be missing something but I am using the ESPN draft chart:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

#13 = 1150

#21+#28 = 800 +660 = 1460

310 difference is more than a 5th rounder. If we gave up #13, 3rd, and 5th we would still be short.

Is this correct? I might be missing something but I am using the ESPN draft chart:

#13 = 1150

310 difference is more than a 5th rounder. If we gave up #13, 3rd, and 5th we would still be short.

I was going to say that I thought 21 and 28 for 13 seemed a bit strange. Thats a small jump for two first rounders

Win/win.

This would be absolute best case scenario. There is tremendous value in the late first to early/mid second round this year - especially at some of our positions of need (OLB, DE, & C).

Mack, Ayers, English, Britten, Maualuga, Jackson, Cushing, Matthews, etc - all players that could still be available at 21-28. Any combination of two of those would be HUGE.

#13 = 1150

Check PFTs draft chart, thats the one the eagles use, and yes would would have to give up a 3, but we could get a 5 back...at least thats what I take from this...plus teams do not follow this chart. John Clayton said teams use it as a reference, but for big trades, it never works out. The browns gave up an absurd amount for Quinn...nowhere near the chart.

Check PFTs draft chart, thats the one the eagles use, and yes would would have to give up a 3, but we could get a 5 back...at least thats what I take from this...plus teams do not follow this chart. John Clayton said teams use it as a reference, but for big trades, it never works out. The browns gave up an absurd amount for Quinn...nowhere near the chart.

I just find it hard to believe that the eagles would give up 2 first rounders just to move up 8 spots...

It would be nice but I can't inagine them giving up 2 Number 1's to move up 8spots but I suppose it's possible. We gave up 2 Number 1 in 1992 to move up 2 spots to get Desmond Howard (OUCH!:chair:)

Even if we do give up a 3rd and exchange 5ths or something, its still worth it b/c we will turn a 3/5 into a 1/5...still fills 2 holes instantly, where a 3rd and 5th are very questionable

I'd hold my nose and pull the trigger.

But, the Eagles could be moving one of their firsts to get an NFLer on the block as well.

They are rumored to be talking to Buffalo about Jason Peters and the various teams like Cleveland that are shopping WRs.

Who knows what will happen between now and the draft............

Ok cool. Don't get me wrong. I would love to make this trade as well.

I just don't see eagles giving up another first to move up 8 spots without getting somethings in return.

310 points has the value of a late second rounder pick.

trigger should only be pulled when were on the clock or when the guys we want at 13 are no longer there.

how amazing would it be if...we got both of phillys 1st rounders and they took a QB like sanchez? I don't what I'd feel.

I'd love it if they took Sanchez.

If McNabb was ticked when they took Kolb, I'd love to see his reaction (and Kolb's) if they give up 2 1sts to take Sanchez.

:saber:

Trade with the freaking eagles and help them out no way.

I like your "cut off your nose to spite your face" approach. If Philly wants to trade up to get a player they will find several trading partners. Wouldn't it be nice if we could benefit from the move as well?

Trade with the freaking eagles and help them out no way.

It also helps us out alot! we dont have a 2nd rounder.

2 1st rounder could let us draft

Beatty or Britton for RT

and use the other for a LB or trading into the 2nd round to get more picks

Or trading one for a 2nd and 3rd perhaps

I like your "cut off your nose to spite your face" approach. If Philly wants to trade up to get a player they will find several trading partners. Wouldn't it be nice if we could benefit from the move as well?

Exactly - that worked out well for a certain team in Cinci, who were apparently offered 2 first rounders (by who I can't imagine) for an aging and declining diva of a WR.

They passed on the deal out of spite, and they looked like the stupidest organization in America because of it.

I think a trade back with Lions makes more since. I am sure the Lions are going to take M. Stafford with the 1st pick. So if one of the OT falls to us they will try to trade there 1st and 2ed rounders for are 1st. And then I would use the 20th pick on P.Harvin the best player in the draft who would give the team a change of pace RB and great speed WR. Not to mention he could help are return game.

I think a trade back with Lions makes more since. I am sure the Lions are going to take M. Stafford with the 1st pick. So if one of the OT falls to us they will try to trade there 1st and 2ed rounders for are 1st. And then I would use the 20th pick on P.Harvin the best player in the draft who would give the team a change of pace RB and great speed WR. Not to mention he could help are return game.

With the amount of holes Detroit has I can't imagine them giving up picks unless someone like Jason Smith or Monroe fell, or assuming they took one of them at #1 Stafford or Sanchez fell. When your team is that bad you just can't give up picks.

I don't have any problem trading with Philly if we could get their first and a second or third. Not wanting to trade with a division rival is just admitting you have no faith in your own scouting department. You do what you can to help your team. You don't base your draft on sabotaging a rival.

I don't have any problem trading with Philly if we could get their first and a second or third. Not wanting to trade with a division rival is just admitting you have no faith in your own scouting department. You do what you can to help your team. You don't base your draft on sabotaging a rival.

I agree in theory, but when was the last time we got the better end of the deal when trading players/picks?

I'm just being realistic ... expecting the Eagles to pay a little more for a player they covet (or fair market value for that matter), especially to the redskins, is not likely.

This is Vinny Cerrato we're talking about. NO one wants to lose on the value of a trade, but its not as bad when it is with an AFC team and you are getting good production out of said payer(s) ... unlike a division rival who you will face twice a year every year, and if you miss on that player/pick it will hurt you even more, and longer. I'd be really surprised if we even spoke with Philly/Dallass/NYG on draft day period.

1. it's pure speculation, no one has a clue what will happen come draft day.

2. 2 guys the Skins are interested in, I highly doubt the Skins would give a division foe a player they covet, even for a few draft picks.

3. it's a good chance both will be gone by #13

4. I heard the Eagles may try to move up for Beanie Wells, not for an OL.... it's all rumors

Thanks for being the voice of reason. I don't follow a lot of the draft talk so I wouldn't know what to believe on here with regards to all the rumors.

If it were true, sure I'd be interested in getting more picks! Maybe another team would want to move up in the 1st rd and the skins could acquire a 2nd and more in the later rounds.

Archived