Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WIP 610, Paul Jolovitz: Philly's chance of keeping both first rounders LESS than 2%

heliKCx17

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

The rumors have officially begun to fly, Kiper and Mcshay agreed that Philly wants to be aggressive in this draft and move up. They agreed that the most likely partners are the Texans at 15 and the Redskins at 13. #21+#28 is 30 points more than #13, so we would have to give up a 5th, but this trade would be AWESOME...we could get Britton/Beatty AND Matthews/Cushing/Rey or a DE or even an elite OG...I am officially pumped, and no, the idea of Philly trading up is more than a rumor, Paul Jolovitz said on the Philly radio (brother-in-law in Philly confirmed) that team officials would like to move up for their 'player,' rumored to be Oher or Smith (2% chance they don't).

1. it's pure speculation, no one has a clue what will happen come draft day.

rumored to be Oher or Smith

2. 2 guys the Skins are interested in, I highly doubt the Skins would give a division foe a player they covet, even for a few draft picks.

3. it's a good chance both will be gone by #13

4. I heard the Eagles may try to move up for Beanie Wells, not for an OL.... it's all rumors

2 first round picks would absolutely blow my mind.

the Redskins have 1sts and a 3rd?

good Lord.

obviously this is all speculation, but one can dream.

this fotoball team could be improved an unbelievable amount with 1st round picks and a 3rd if we draft well.

problems:

a) philly knows this

B) we probably would mess up the picks anyway. "the redskins select tight end brandon pettigrew from oklahoma"

while I would love a trade down, I'm not sure how the FO is going to feel about trading with division rivals, it rarely happens. Though i would not be too opposed to this.

I know the eagles traded with the cowboys a few years back for anthony spencer. I don't think it matters being a rival during the draft, because players won't carry grudges like a trade of an ACTIVE player. This trade would be really good for us. They might do it especially if Crabtree somehow dropped to 13.

I know the eagles traded with the cowboys a few years back for anthony spencer. I don't think it matters being a rival during the draft, because players won't carry grudges like a trade of an ACTIVE player. This trade would be really good for us. They might do it especially if Crabtree somehow dropped to 13.

Exactly, Philly gets what they want, but we instantly fill two holes instead of one.

draft day trades between teams in the same division isn't unheard of.

IN 2007:

SF got Darrell jackson from Seattle for a 4th round pick (#124)

Philly got #36, #87 and #159 and gave Dallas their #36 pick

Thats just off a whim of a google search. I see that its happened before, so it wouldn't be too crazy to happen again.

while I would love a trade down, I'm not sure how the FO is going to feel about trading with division rivals, it rarely happens. Though i would not be too opposed to this.

I think this comes into play when we are talking trading actual players, not necessarily draft picks.

Archived