Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Minuteman Project

GoSkins561

Why do Americans have a problem with these guys?

http://www.minutemanproject.com/

Aside from the news portraying a negative image, everything I have read leads me to believe they are a group of people that are very tired of our country being invaded by illegal aliens, that's it.

Standing up against illegal immigration isn't a race issue to me, it's an American issue that has us all concerned.

Feedback is appreciated.

Supporting Organizations of the Minutemen include:

Latino Americans for Immigration ReformWeb: www.latinoamericans.org

I'm sure that most of them are law-abiding citizens that are trying to assist the border patrol in catching people that try to cross the border. There are some that consider themselves soldiers fighting a war though, and they will kill those they find.

When will Americans realize they are not a racist group?

When will Americans realize they are not a racist group?

The group might not be, but some of their members certainly are.

They are also detrimental to the US immigration policy, since the Border Patrol has the capability to catch about 90% of people who cross. Someone in Washington is smart enough to understand that we need these illegal immigrants here or our economy basically collapses, so they give the Border Patrol daily quotas for how many illegals are allowed to enter.

The group might not be, but some of their members certainly are.

They are also detrimental to the US immigration policy, since the Border Patrol has the capability to catch about 90% of people who cross. Someone in Washington is smart enough to understand that we need these illegal immigrants here or our economy basically collapses, so they give the Border Patrol daily quotas for how many illegals are allowed to enter.

Capability to catch about 90%. But what they do get is no where near the capability. Also those jobs would be filled, by legals or Americans. There should be no quota. Should we have quotas on how many murderers we put away? Maybe only 1,500 a year, that will everything better. Wrong is wrong. No mater what the crime/charge.

Capability to catch about 90%. But what they do get is no where near the capability. Also those jobs would be filled, by legals or Americans. There should be no quota. Should we have quotas on how many murderers we put away? Maybe only 1,500 a year, that will everything better. Wrong is wrong. No mater what the crime/charge.

It's just a cheap cop out for the politicians. They know we need an updated immigration policy that allows for a substantial number of temp work visas that allow would allow a few millions people enter the country and work, but they don't want to pay for it. They would rather just let em come in. They overlook the problems associated with that (you don't know who's entering, establishes an industry of border crossers that allows for easier access by drug cartels, etc).

And no, the way it is now, these jobs would not be filled by Americans. Every orchard, vineyard, farm, and construction company would suffer drastically if suddenly their immigrant labor supply was cut off.

I am sure many of them want to serve their country, by protecting its borders. I would also bet that many of them aren't racist morons. However, something tells me that at least some of the guys who sit, unpaid on the border with guns looking to play vigilante have a few screws loose. Oh, and I bet some of them don't particularly care for brown-skinned individuals.

if I didnt think I would be labeled a racist and hate mongerer I would be a minuteman. In a heartbeat...I feel they offer a service that our own government does not and helps to keep the illegals out.

I am thinking about joining, but I don't want to be mislabeled a racist either. Thats what I don't understand, they are clearly misunderstood, if more people would join and get their real message out I think they could change how they are percieved.

most Americans don't have a problem with these people, only ignorant, overly sensitive ethnic centrist interest groups spread such lies

the Feds don't enforce our immigration laws, which are actually on the books, because the power Big Business has in Washington. plus now that the liberals have power expect even more lax enforcement and the idea of "human rights" put before that of American law or national interests

this is the world we live in. our borders and national sovereignty have been politicized. our nationality means little more than a means to an end now for a lot people

if I didnt think I would be labeled a racist and hate mongerer I would be a minuteman. In a heartbeat...I feel they offer a service that our own government does not and helps to keep the illegals out.

you're a big boy, go out and do it anyway if you think it's worthwhile

for what it's worth, my opinion of you will be the same :D

I am thinking about joining, but I don't want to be mislabeled a racist either. Thats what I don't understand, they are clearly misunderstood, if more people would join and get their real message out I think they could change how they are percieved.

Are you going to patrol the Maryland - Pennsylvania border? How would you join and participate from Hagerstown?

I dunno..maybe because a private security force patrolling the Mexico border (do they work on the Canadian boarder too? Because that's where the non-native terrorists usually come in from...) that appears to operate outside of the scope of the law, with the Immigration Department's implicit approval, might be a bad thing?

Vigilante groups really shouldn't be supported, even if there mission might be a good one.

most Americans don't have a problem with these people, only ignorant, overly sensitive ethnic centrist interest groups spread such lies

the Feds don't enforce our immigration laws, which are actually on the books, because the power Big Business has in Washington. plus now that the liberals have power expect even more lax enforcement and the idea of "human rights" put before that of American law or national interests

this is the world we live in. our borders and national sovereignty have been politicized. our nationality means little more than a means to an end now for a lot people

Lou Dobbs, is that you? That seriously sounds like a transcript from one of his rants.

Are you going to patrol the Maryland - Pennsylvania border? How would you join and participate from Hagerstown?

A lot of states have sub chapters, I wouldn't be out catching illegals so to speak, my contribution would come in the way of pointing out problem spots such as Greenbrier and Rocky Gap State Parks to our legislators.

Archived