Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Minuteman Project

GoSkins561

Why? why can't American employers pay a fair wage to people that live here or come here legally?

I'm not going to go into detail because I don't feel I have the time - but if zoony's earlier post about construction doesn't provide evidence I'm pretty confident there will be no convincing you.

However, I can assure you if you were to take all of the immigrant workers out of the workforce the American economy would be crippled.

.........that they ship back to their homeland hurting our economy in return, all while living on our land collecting the benefits that only our citizens and legal visitors / immigrants should be allowed to take advantage of.

That could all be solved by giving these people a legal option. But folks like the minutemen are against that.

I know for a fact that there is no way in hell the Gulf Coast gets rebuilt for anywhere near 1/10th the cost or in 1/2 the time without this labor.

I did landscaping in college. Paid $7.50/ hour... which in 1995 was a ****LOAD of money to be making. With all the hours I could want.

The owner couldn't find help anywhere. Nobody wanted to work. Even at his inflated wages. I was the only person that worked there (besides the foremen) for longer than a few weeks. It was grueling work out in the heat that required some degree of fortitude and stamina. Nobody wanted to do it. I'm convinced he could have paid $10/hour with a similar result.

Nowadays, try and find one landscaper anywhere in the country who ISN'T Mexican. There's a reason for it. Nobody else wants it. Period, end of subject.

hey, I'm a landscaper, well during the summer anyway, and I only get paid $8 an hour, which in 2009 isn't jack ****

Wrong, after we provide health care and education the cost of those goods are actually more expensive.

And if we bothered to reform our immigration laws so illegal immigration weren't the only way in, they'd be able to come in legally and pay taxes and social security. But instead, they are forced to go the other way.

Lou Dobbs, is that you? That seriously sounds like a transcript from one of his rants.

just because you consider it a "rant" doesn't mean it isn't true. Lou Dobbs is the only media head that I know of that actually brings attention to the problem

just because you consider it a "rant" doesn't mean it isn't true. Lou Dobbs is the only media head that I know of that actually brings attention to the problem

According to Lou Dobbs - it's the ONLY problem, or somehow the cause of every problem in the world.

Economy - focus on illegals

Police shooting in Pittsburgh - focus on illegals

Oil prices - illegals

Election results - illegals

It's hilarious if you watch his show and realize that it gets brought up in virtually every discussion regardless of the topic.

It's always funny how nobody gets pissed over the Russians and Eastern Europeans that are taking over. Many tourist towns are staffed almost exclusively with Russians during peak months.

But, they're the right color and their women are hot. So, no big deal. Ditto Canadian snowbirds who spend so much time here.

no one gets pissed because there's absolutely no comparison to be made between the numbers of Latin Americans and the number of eastern Europeans this country takes in. and last time I checked we don't share a border with eastern Europe

[quote name='Prosperity;6313362

]hey' date=' I'm a landscaper, well during the summer anyway, and I only get paid $8 an hour, which in 2009 isn't jack ****[/quote']

I was going to say, I landscaped and framed houses while I was in college for $8.00 an hour. With the economy the way it is, those jobs might look a hell of a lot better than flipping burgers at McD's for college kids.

Lou Dobbs is a demagogue who rants and raves with a head full or steam and a mouth full of piss and vinegar simply to get viewership (i.e., a media whore). He doesn't even cloak himself in a petina of objectivity; he rants and raves, works himself up into a tizzy, and doesn't present two or more sides of any given story. Honestly, how many times have you heard him say, "Boy, if these idiots in Washington....." or "It is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS that...."? He appeals to base emotion, anger and resentment.

According to Lou Dobbs - it's the ONLY problem, or somehow the cause of every problem in the world.

Economy - focus on illegals

Police shooting in Pittsburgh - focus on illegals

Oil prices - illegals

Election results - illegals

It's hilarious if you watch his show and realize that it gets brought up in virtually every discussion regardless of the topic.

you're right, he does go a bit overboard. I've noticed that a lot lately since the issue died off (until Obama recently reignited the amnesty push). regardless if he's a bit over the top, the point is atleast someone in major media isn't scared to cover it

Archived