Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cromartie on the Trading Block?

Dirty#30

Part of me was hoping the Skins to draft this guy when he was available in the draft.

There was some injury concern when he was drafted, but he overcame that obviously.

Love to have him here, he's a playmaker. Doubt the Skins have cap room, nor the ammo to get a trade done, though.

];6302533']Cromartie is a fantastic corner. I wanted him the year he was drafted' date=' but the Chargers pulled a fast one.

He's the only corner I would trade Rogers for. Despite that, I still don't want to trade Rogers, even if it brings us Cromartie.[/quote']

Ghost we think alot alike, but if we could Cromartie for a steal I am all for it.:dallasuck

Carlos is a better CB than Cromartie in every way other than ball skills but we already have one wild card risk taking CB in Deangleo Hall, if we had Hall and Cromartie together coupled with our pass rush, we would allow the most 50+ yard pass plays in the league even with Landry back there.

Explanation?

:helmet: The Rook

Because I was attending FSU games when he was a lockdown corner as either a freshman or sophomore ... he was a big play guy ... and he is just one of those great athletes ... Tall for a corner, fast ... a really explosive guy, like the longest play in history record he has.

Dont want to give up Los for him though ... Id be willing to smoot and a pick or something ... Love Smoot ... but he is terrible.

I hate the Cromartie hype. Yes 2 years ago he was a pro bowler because he got INT's just like Walt Harris did in San Fran but last year Cromartie was the worst corner on the Chargers roster. Taking chances and getting INT's doesn't make up for terrible technique and discipline. I wouldn't trade Smoot for him.

Ok, let's not be rediculous....You wouldn't trade smoot for him?? You lost all of your credibility with that comment.

Cromartie may not be the best or top 5 cb in the league but he is a good corner with excellent ball skills and great return ability. He played all of last season with a hip injury.

Nobody realizes how BADLY Cromartie played last year. He was utterly horrible. The Chargers were near last in the league in Pass-D.

Let me break it down for you numbers-wise, only one corner allowed more than 825 yards this season. That was Cromartie, he gave up 980 yards. In comparison, Asomugha gave up 144 yards.

Cromartie was a one-year wonder, that's it. He makes horrible mistakes on the field, he mis-diagnoses plays, he freelances, and he's not even the most talented Cromartie either.

Nobody realizes how BADLY Cromartie played last year. He was utterly horrible. The Chargers were near last in the league in Pass-D.

Let me break it down for you numbers-wise, only one corner allowed more than 825 yards this season. That was Cromartie, he gave up 980 yards. In comparison, Asomugha gave up 144 yards.

Cromartie was a one-year wonder, that's it. He makes horrible mistakes on the field, he mis-diagnoses plays, he freelances, and he's not even the most talented Cromartie either.

He played BAD last year, battled through injury. Most corners as are good as the defensive pass rush, D.C. had a good rookie year , JUST LIKE A.C. To early to tell whos the best of the two :doh: See if his play goes back once Merriman is back hassling QBs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty#30

Corner, but Drayden signed with the Bills.

I like Carlos...Jury is still out on Dante and Smooty is my dude but only in Nickle situations.

Who?

You know Dante, Monty Halls brother?

OK!!!!!!! OK!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all know I meant DeAngelo......good grief!!!:chair:

i def would.... he's a playmaker, rogers has feet for hands

No way that gives you 2 starting CB's who yes get INT's but are notorious for being burned all day long. I love the guy but even when he was considered an All pro in Atlanta Dhall got burned a lot. Cromartie is even worse.

Archived