Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mark Sanchez is coming in for a private workout

Gibbsisgod2006

Right because the other 31 FO's are stupid and we here on ES got it all figured out. Lets hope no other FO's read this site or we just let them know our draft day secret. I said it before and I'll say it again, Dan and ECSPECIALLY Vinny get the best of no other FO when it comes to trades, FA signings, or player managment.

There is an interest in every player that comes in for a 2 day stay and private workout. There's no way Dan and Vinny are wasting that much racquetball time time on someone they have no interest in.

agreed. its obvious those two want an upgrade. although im not sure sanchez is a legitimate want/need.

lets say we did draft sanchez? does that just mean campbell plays out the season and leaves? or colt gets no chance of being a future starter?

at this point id say its more of a due diligence than a smoke screen. cause if he does fall we'll know exactly how hes rated on our board so we can potentially get more for the pick if we trade it.

Why would teams break the bank to move up when there is possibly 3 franchise type QBs NEXT year? And whoever else comes out of the woodwork. Next year could be a very STRONG QB draft class and if JC dont cut it or we fall apart, we would be in GREAT shape to select one (granted we dont trade our #1 away)

lets say we did draft sanchez? does that just mean campbell plays out the season and leaves? or colt gets no chance of being a future starter?

Not really sure to be honest. Campbell himself was a first round pick that brought no immediate impact to the team. I believe that at this point in time Snyderrato has no clue as to what they are doing, thus why we would or wouldn't draft Sanchez is all speculation.

Not really sure to be honest. Campbell himself was a first round pick that brought no immediate impact to the team. I believe that at this point in time Snyderrato has no clue as to what they are doing, thus why we would or wouldn't draft Sanchez is all speculation.

true, but drafting a QB in the first round is blatantly giving up on campbell while hes still here, something i dont think we can do. if were gonna give up on him he needs to be moved. you cant bring his replacement in and have him play the year out lol.

This can be very useful. Either we pick him ourselves or we make it look like we want to pick him, increasing the chances of a team moving up for him and we can pick up a few more picks and hit all of our need areas.

I don't see how we induce a trade partner for Sanchez. Anyone who really falls in love with the guy, and must trade up, would likely want to jump infront of Denver or even San Francisco.

true, but drafting a QB in the first round is blatantly giving up on campbell while hes still here, something i dont think we can do. if were gonna give up on him he needs to be moved. you cant bring his replacement in and have him play the year out lol.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. If we draft Sanchez at #13 (or any other QB in the 1st) it's sayonara Jason.

I don't see how we induce a trade partner for Sanchez. Anyone who really falls in love with the guy, and must trade up, would likely want to jump in front of Denver or even San Francisco.

The Jets like to trade w/ us and they are in need. TBay does have Griese for a 1 yr band-aid. Every FO is trying to overhype him so they can trade down, bad teams need more picks, thats not just a trend but a fact. If he falls, we trade w/ NYJ.

I just think its amazing that THIS year they are replacing the QB. What is the matter with these people? I love this team but damn this front office is absolutely clueless. What the HELL is the plan??? We have JC in a contract year, with his rookie ead Coach firmly attached to him at the hip. They sink or swim together. They deserve this year (Campbell definately deserves it).

This is the year that your recievers you took last year come around.

This is the year, that we get JC a tackle to protect him from the sacks.

This is the year we get a pass rusher.

This is the year that there is no more excuses.

NEXT year IF THEY FAIL WITH ALL OF THAT is the year you trade or draft a QB and get a big name coach. NEXT year, you add the final piece to the puzzle if it doesn't fail and you extend campbell for 5 years.

This is a constant self fulfilling prophesy. They have a plan, they abandon it halfway through it, they claim the plan (and the people who they put it in it) didn't work because of the people, they replace the people, start a new plan and repeat. What the hell is wrong with them!!??/

Did we have a PERSONAL workout with Russell, though?

Yes

http://nfldraftbible.blogspot.com/2007/03/private-visit-workout-notes.html

LSU junior quarterback JaMarcus Russell has private visits setup with at least four teams in the Top-10 picks, including Cleveland (#3), Detroit (#2), Oakland (#1) and Washington (#6).

I think this is just due diligence . He might be the absoulte perfect ft for Im Zorns sytem but more than likey it just creates the smoke screen . Yes some attempts at missdirection are obvious but even those plant doubt . If Detroit think they want to take Smith at no.1 but work out Sanchez and Stafford and think they could use either of them . To trade back up for Stafford would be expensive for a rebuilding team as that would probably take a top 10 pick . Sanchez on the other hand would be affordable at 13 ..

I just think its amazing that THIS year they are replacing the QB. What is the matter with these people? I love this team but damn this front office is absolutely clueless. What the HELL is the plan???/

Geez guys relax before we have some heart attacks. We will bring 20 or 30 people over the next week or so. The fact that we are bringing in Sanchez for a workout means squat - we brought Jamarcus Russell in a couple of years back even though it was a lock he was going to be taken #1 overall by the Raiders.

We are just doing due diligence and some advance scouting - who knows we may end up playing against him this year if say Denver take him. We are also laying down a marker that if Sanchez is still there at #13 we MIGHT take him to try to create more leverage if someone offers us a package to trade down.

As much as them trying to get Cutler for MUCH more?

So you finally admit it was a joke offering two number ones, a number 3 and a player for a QB who MIGHT become a franchise QB?

Great! Glad we got to that point, now perhaps we can all move on with our lives :)

Seriously I think whichever side of the JC debate we are on we all need to get our heads around the very very strong probability that JC will be our starting QB this year.

So you finally admit it was a joke offering two number ones, a number 3 and a player for a QB who MIGHT become a franchise QB?

Great! Glad we got to that point, now perhaps we can all move on with our lives :)

Seriously I think whichever side of the JC debate we are on we all need to get our heads around the very very strong probability that JC will be our starting QB this year.

Again you guys twisting the truth in the wind. I didn't say that was too much for Cutler you did.

Personally I am not sold on Sanchez in any way shape or form. I would rather of signed Garcia before the Raiders signed him and dealt Jason to trade up or down depending on how the board developed.

Archived