Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jarron Gilbert has the redskins intrest

Gibbsisgod2006

The Pats seldom trade up but I second this notion. That would make for an awesome draft.

As far as Gilbert goes, he reminds me a LOT of a young Phillip Daniels. He really is more of a 3-4 DE but could excel opposite Andre Carter. He played a lot of DT for San Jose St. this past season so he could slide inside on third down. Several mocks I've seen have Dallas taking him in the 2nd round at #51 so I think he represents great value.

Your right the Pats may not trade up but Cleveland might to land Chris Beanie Wells.

Am I the only one that read the bolded part and thought, doesn't every team in the NFL run either a 3-4 or a 4-3 defensive scheme?

Ha. I was thinking the same exact thing..

hmm.. so he'll be great on any team that runs either a 4-3 or 3-4.. :silly:

I hear the Wildcat defense is gonna be huge this year.

280 pounds is pretty nice for a guy like him. Could be a young Phillip Daniels only now with a pass rush but a little bit weaker.

Do I hear here, Justin Tuck 2.0?

I haven't seen a game of this guy, but he soundz a bit like Justin Tuck comming out of college.

He is also a big guy who could bulk up and be kicked inside the d-line, or just be around 275 and be a DE.

From what I read, heard and think.....I start to love this guy.

If he is that good, I wouldn't mind to trade back and spend a high second round pick on this guy. He just looks like the perfect fit in this D#.

I think the article is just stating that he can play in both a 3-4 or 4-3 so no teams are saying "well we run a 4-3 so he wont fit in our system". Or vice versa.

I like Gilbert...but I really dont see him being in a Skins uniform next season. Unfortunately more likely going to be wearing that star. But we'll see. It would be ideal for the Skins to trade down, get an OT with the first pick and Gilbert with the next pick. Would be one hell of a draft.

I've heard reports that Raji could fall out of the first round due to his failed drug test. I highly doubt that, but if the Skins were somehow able to trade down, draft Raji and Gilbert then that would have this d-line set for years. Would have to draft an OT in the 3rd again this year.

Raji didn't fail a drug test, that report was bogus and has been getting flak for the comments made about raji, cushing, and matthews

It would be great if we could draft this guy but we don't have a 2nd round pick and he'll be long gone by the time we pick in the 3rd. *** Even if we trade down in the 1st and get a 2nd round pick he'll probably be gone.

I would love a trade down whereby we could still pick up Maualuga, and also get Jarron. That would make for a NASTY fron 7. Given the Jay Cutler Deal, it looks like New England got fleeced out of Cassel, but look at all of their draft picks. A draft like this is perfect to have multiple #2's and #3's. Lots of value there, much more so than in the mid first.

We could have had the better version of him--Jason Jones--last year instead of drafting MK with our 3rd 2nd round pick. Gilbert figures to be like Jason Jones, but he is not as talented or productive as Jones. All the same, I like him, and would be happy to get him. Unfortunately, I think he will go about where Jones went: last third of the 2nd, and we have no draft pick there.

Holy mother of god dude you are still on the Jason Jones thing? Damn man let it go! You know you can cheer for him all you want if you become a Titans fan. Get over it sheesh! :doh:

Archived